What about freedom FROM religion?

What drove the 1957 RIF?
The Air Force has RIFs every several years. With the exception of the 2000-2003 RIF which occurred so that the Air Force could direct funding to modernize its fleets (full of aged aircraft from the 1960s that were being held together with duct tape) the periodic RIFs are how the Air Force accomplishes personnel "resets" to fix the huge imbalances across the AFSCs that snowball over the years.

The Air Force has a double-edged sword when it comes to personnel. On the one hand, they get first pick of the sharpest recruits. On the other hand, all of those sharp recruits immediately get valuable technical training (network administrator, aircraft mechanic, budget/comptroller, etc... with the exception of Security Police, all Air Force positions are technical) and become overly tempted by lucrative job offers shortly after beginning their Air Force careers. A 17-year-old right out of high school can enlist in the Air Force, get trained in something, and very quickly have to turn down $120K job offers because his contract isn't up. Ergo, the Air Force has a very high turnover that isn't balanced/even across AFSCs, and the imbalance grows over the years. Any attempted fix that the three-star in charge of personnel might put into effect is about five years behind the power curve and will take three years to begin to take effect. At a certain point, the Air Force needs to start involuntarily separating those in career fields that are overmanned ... and then offer incentives in the undermanned AFSCs.

I wanted to stay in the Marine Corps for all 20, but "the needs of the service" prevailed; first a RIF of 400 pilots in 1985 then the Russians wimped out, resulting in a major US military reduction in 1990 and after.
I remember the 1990 RIFs at the Pentagon. I remember seeing a full bird after he had just been handed his RIF letter of forced early retirement. It was a sad time for many.

If this is all true (none of us knows if what posters say is true)...but if it is true, it is very impressive. My guess is that your military time was in the Air Force. I was in (as an enlisted man) from from early 1954 through 1957.

He doesn't know how to fly. He's already shown it.

What are you asking me, Terry? Are you requesting that I not slap you around so publicly? You'd be asking me to give up a lot since I rather enjoy rolling you over and having my way with you.

Shouldn't you be confusing me for someone else right about now? Shouldn't you be getting ready to bend over for TaiChiLiberal fairly soon?

He calls a lot of people 'Sybil'. He's confused most of the time.

People are getting tired of religious privilege.

Especially the religions of:
* the Church of Global Warming
* the Church of the Ozone Hole
* the Church of Green
* the Church of Covid
* the Church of No Gender
* the Church of the EV
* the Church of Karl Marx.

He calls a lot of people 'Sybil'. He's confused most of the time.
Right. He thinks there are only two people in the world, himself and one other person who runs around creating multitudes of socks. He admits to not being smart enough to be able to distinguish between different people if there were more than one other person besides himself in the world.

Especially the religions of:
* the Church of Global Warming
* the Church of the Ozone Hole
* the Church of Green
* the Church of Covid
* the Church of No Gender
* the Church of the EV
* the Church of Karl Marx.
You forgot the Church of No God, my personal arch-nemesis. This has also become a Marxist faith. You can tell this congregation from the others by the way they drool just a bit too excessively.

Right. He thinks there are only two people in the world, himself and one other person who runs around creating multitudes of socks. He admits to not being smart enough to be able to distinguish between different people if there were more than one other person besides himself in the world.

You forgot the Church of No God, my personal arch-nemesis. This has also become a Marxist faith. You can tell this congregation from the others by the way they drool just a bit too excessively.

You're right. I did forget the Church of No God. My apologies! :D

♪♬SYBIL♪♩;5536379 said:
Psychoquackary

LongOffbeatKouprey-max-1mb.gif
No shit, Sybil.

Why do you think others are stupid enough to think you, IBDaMann and gfm7175 are three different people?

No shit, Sybil.

Why do you think others are stupid enough to think you, IBDaMann and gfm7175 are three different people?
I don't think anyone believes you are smart enough to tell us apart, and I don't see anyone somehow requiring you to be able to do so either. You seem to have a mistaken need to convince others that you measure up to some unrealistic requirement.

I don't think anyone believes you are smart enough to tell us apart, and I don't see anyone somehow requiring you to be able to do so either. You seem to have a mistaken need to convince others that you measure up to some unrealistic requirement.
Why not, Sybil? Why do you think I have a need for anything, Sybil?

Why not, Sybil? Why do you think I have a need for anything, Sybil?
Terry, you're like Pinocchio ... you want to be a real boy. You are desperate to be more than just a mindless body that is often mistaken for a doorjamb. You definitely have a NEED.

But then you run into the brick wall of your cognitive helplessness and you once again face the frustration of failure. You begin to obsess over the extent to which others realize your similarity to a tree stump. You become paranoid that the whole world is judging you and laughing at you.

We're not laughing AT you, we're laughing WITH you ... or at least it would help if you were to tell yourself that.

Terry, you're like Pinocchio ... you want to be a real boy. You are desperate to be more than just a mindless body that is often mistaken for a doorjamb. You definitely have a NEED.

But then you run into the brick wall of your cognitive helplessness and you once again face the frustration of failure. You begin to obsess over the extent to which others realize your similarity to a tree stump. You become paranoid that the whole world is judging you and laughing at you.

We're not laughing AT you, we're laughing WITH you ... or at least it would help if you were to tell yourself that.
Lots of descriptors, Sybil, but no substance. No evidence, no examples, no proof.

"We're". LOL

Back