What about freedom FROM religion?

Church of England still does not treat LGBTQ people as equals with other congregants.

CofE just declared God to be non-binary and has been ordaining anybody at all as priests for ages.

Now there are other sects in the Anglican Communion who are not on board but CofE certainly is.

I'm sorry....we aren't required to love your ignorance and lies.

So it's a lie that Jesus taught love for people?

Interesting contention.

.......if you step away and repent you merit compassion

And they have to repent to YOU because you are God?

.......you have no plans to do so, do you.......

God didn't give you the power you have taken for yourself on this one, bub.

by the way, don't forget Luke 6:22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.

you and your Dutch sock earn me blessings every day......

Well, you hate enough people yourself that you'll be joining us in hell I suppose :). That's gonna be awkward for you, now isn't it? Not all who say "Lord, Lord...." ;)

People change through their lives. As a young man, Lincoln rebelled against his father's strict Calvinist religious doctrine, but if you take Lincoln's life as a whole he took a basically Deist approach to spirituality

Possibly. We can't know anyone's soul perfectly. It is a "reasonable" approach but again, what would be the problem with Lincoln being an atheist? It wouldn't be the first time a politician has held his cards close to his vest.

Even I sometimes couch commentary in terms of a "god", our "soul" even though I don't believe in either, but they are useful metaphors and analogies.

You're probably right, Lincoln probably was a diest of sorts, but I can't see as how anyone could really "know" without direct language from the man.

Don't worry, he already thinks I'm you so you are just gilding the lilly.

I prefer to point out the theological inconsistencies rather than just jumping to your extremes.

I want them to start thread banning you to prove a point. No one will take me up on it because then it proves they are liars...like you, Perry PhD.

CofE just declared God to be non-binary and has been ordaining anybody at all as priests for ages.

Now there are other sects in the Anglican Communion who are not on board but CofE certainly is.

The bible states God is without form

God has no physical form.

“Then the Lord spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice” (Deuteronomy 4:12).

Judaism is God aniconic, meaning God lacks material, physical representations of both the natural and supernatural world

There is only one God.
No other being participated in the work of creation.
God is a unity. He is a single, whole, complete indivisible entity. He cannot be divided into parts or described by attributes.
Any attempt to ascribe attributes to God is merely man's imperfect attempt to understand the infinite.

traditional Jewish philosophy does not attribute the concept of sex to God. At times, Jewish aggadic literature and Jewish mysticism do treat God as having a gender.

the Bible is clear that God is Spirit and is neither male nor female

Last edited:

“Then the Lord spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice” (Deuteronomy 4:12).

Judaism is God aniconic, meaning God lacks material, physical representations of both the natural and supernatural world

There is only one God.
God is a unity. He is a single, whole, complete indivisible entity. He cannot be divided into parts or described by attributes.
Any attempt to ascribe attributes to God is merely man's imperfect attempt to understand the infinite.

traditional Jewish philosophy does not attribute the concept of sex to God. At times, Jewish aggadic literature and Jewish mysticism do treat God as having a gender.

Just because an ethnic group has a God does not make it true.

Can a same-sex couple get married in a Church of England church?

If the answer is NO (which it is)...then the Church of England does not treat LGBTQ people as equals with other congregants...which is all I said.

Really? Is God not clearly given the pronoun "he" as opposed to "it"?

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:10
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

There is only one God.

interesting......do you now believe YHWH exists?......

Possibly. We can't know anyone's soul perfectly. It is a "reasonable" approach but again, what would be the problem with Lincoln being an atheist? It wouldn't be the first time a politician has held his cards close to his vest.

Even I sometimes couch commentary in terms of a "god", our "soul" even though I don't believe in either, but they are useful metaphors and analogies.

You're probably right, Lincoln probably was a diest of sorts, but I can't see as how anyone could really "know" without direct language from the man.

If Lincoln the man is known for anything, it was for his fierce honesty and sense of integrity. His presidential speeches are littered with references to divine providence and the will of God. His second inaugural address is a prime example.

Lincoln was not so cravenly deceitful as to craft rhetoric he would have felt was utterly phony.

The widely held view is that the young Lincoln rebelled against his father's strict Calvinist dogma. And he was certainly never a genuine practicing Christian. But taking his life as a whole, he did have a Deist approach to God and religion probably in much the same way Thomas Jefferson did.

Back