What kind of "Christian values" do Conservatives want?

It's a rodeo contest for kids. Men have cattle roping competitions on horseback, kids rope goats on foot. Charity drives will have them for neophyte adults. It's akin to a greased pig contest; just for fun and laughs. There are prizes for the winners. It's a more polite term than "Cluster Fuck".

Nah, we have rugby for that sort of thing, mun! :)

I just did. Looks like our RW "Christian" friends are well and truly screwed.
~~~

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Agreed. https://biblehub.com/matthew/6-24.htm

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Carry laws are kind of crazy, any hothead who gets into an argument rather than fist fighting might pull a gun out instead of a fist.

Besides, you know who the bad guy is when someone is carrying in a non-carry zone.

Have you ever noticed how often, during a mass shooting event, there IS someone on scene who is armed but he almost always goes to hide like everyone else? Like that cop at Parkland, the office guy at San Bernardino, the armed band members at Las Vegas who hid in their bus, the Dayton night club, the El Paso Walmart, etc. etc.

Have you ever noticed how often, during a mass shooting event, there IS someone on scene who is armed but he almost always goes to hide like everyone else? Like that cop at Parkland, the office guy at San Bernardino, the armed band members at Las Vegas who hid in their bus, the Dayton night club, the El Paso Walmart, etc. etc.
That's because they expect that they would be prosecuted for shooting an active shooter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's a Democrat anti-gun meme that people who are armed have a strong desire to shoot someone. It's a self-defense tool. It's not self-defense to go rushing into a school to take out a shooter. Remember what happened to the black man with a gun in a bar? He was the good guy. Emphasis on "was". There's a difference between a cop and an armed citizen. That said, police have different orders. I don't fault the Parkland policeman waiting for backup. The best thing an armed citizen can do in an active shooter situation is to escape or take cover and call the police. If the shooter threatens them, then shoot to kill.

FWIW, pistols have a maximum effective range of 25 yards or so. The Las Vegas shooter was shooting from a multi-story building at almost 500 yards. This was near the maximum effective range of his AR-15s. The fact he was using a bumpstock also threw off his aim. He was just ballistically shooting lead into the air over a tightly massed crowd. Getting hit as bad luck, not the skill of the shooter.

That's because they expect that they would be prosecuted for shooting an active shooter.

Then gun humpers sound pretty amoral.

I would hope if any of us saw school children being slaughtered, and we had a clean shot at the perp, we would take it....and worry about any outfall later.

No, it's not. For instance, one of the band members at the LV shooting said they were afraid that they would be mistaken for the shooter and taken out by the police.

Edited to add: I included a link to the band member's Twitter but for some reason it doesn't display correctly. Here's a screenshot:

elS2ReP.jpg

Last edited:

That's not the reason as stated previously. The old saying of "better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6" springs to mind. It's a self-defense tool.

Sent from the Wall in the Kingdom of the North using Crows

No, it's not. For instance, one of the band members at the LV shooting said they were afraid that they would be mistaken for the shooter and taken out by the police.

No doubt true but even if he did try to shoot back, the bullets would have fallen in the parking lot long before reaching the hotel. Pistols are short range self-defense weapons.

No doubt true but even if he did try to shoot back, the bullets would have fallen in the parking lot long before reaching the hotel. Pistols are short range self-defense weapons.

I don't know what kinds of weapons the band members had. At the time, no one knew that the shooter was up in the hotel, either. I don't blame them for hiding; it was the sane thing to do. My only point is that CCW advocates are constantly claiming that "a good guy with a gun" is necessary to stop mass shooters, but it seldom happens even when one is present. Clearly stopping a shooter with your own weapon is self-defense. So there's no reason to be concerned about prosecution. Plenty of reasons to be concerned about being shot yourself though.

It's what we see all over the world. The countries where gun control 'works' simply didn't have problems with guns before they had strict gun control. If they do have problems with guns, strict gun control only makes things worse.

If that were true, gun states would have less murder, they don't.

It's a Democrat anti-gun meme that people who are armed have a strong desire to shoot someone. It's a self-defense tool. It's not self-defense to go rushing into a school to take out a shooter. Remember what happened to the black man with a gun in a bar? He was the good guy. Emphasis on "was". There's a difference between a cop and an armed citizen. That said, police have different orders. I don't fault the Parkland policeman waiting for backup. The best thing an armed citizen can do in an active shooter situation is to escape or take cover and call the police. If the shooter threatens them, then shoot to kill.

FWIW, pistols have a maximum effective range of 25 yards or so. The Las Vegas shooter was shooting from a multi-story building at almost 500 yards. This was near the maximum effective range of his AR-15s. The fact he was using a bumpstock also threw off his aim. He was just ballistically shooting lead into the air over a tightly massed crowd. Getting hit as bad luck, not the skill of the shooter.

I mostly just support guns enough, because I know gun control would create a Civil War.

Besides, such a maniac government as we have, needs guns to balance out the officials.

Not that I'm particularly thrilled about guns, but in a primitive society like this, gun rights are kind of needed.

I don't know what kinds of weapons the band members had. At the time, no one knew that the shooter was up in the hotel, either. I don't blame them for hiding; it was the sane thing to do. My only point is that CCW advocates are constantly claiming that "a good guy with a gun" is necessary to stop mass shooters, but it seldom happens even when one is present. Clearly stopping a shooter with your own weapon is self-defense. So there's no reason to be concerned about prosecution. Plenty of reasons to be concerned about being shot yourself though.

Happens more than is reported.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Mass_shootings_prevented_by_armed_citizens

I doubt they had a highly specialized sniper rifle with them.

"Good guy with a gun" serves multiple purposes. The #1 reason is a deterrent. Just the knowledge many citizens are armed would give a mass murderer something to think about. Of course, the main problem is mental illness, not guns, but most people don't give a fuck about mental illness. I think they still consider it a weakness, not a disease like COVID-19.

A second reason is self-defense; if person attacks another like Martin attacked Zimmerman, a gun allows the person being attacked to defend themselves. Is there any doubt Zimmerman prevented serious injury or even death when he pulled his pistol out and shot Martin while getting his head bashed on the ground?

Back