What kind of "Christian values" do Conservatives want?

Oh, FFS. Reread my comment.
"which makes them susceptible to Fake News and Fascism."

Religion makes people SUSCEPTIBLE to Fake News and Fascism. I never blamed it ALL on religion. I never denied that there are other factors. All I'm saying is that it is easier for Fascists to gain support from people when said people are religious.
You are free to hide behind the wording of a single statement, but all of your comments on other threads are available for reading.

Well, Mason, it's okay if I call you Mason, isn't it? The fact is you owe me an apology and a retraction. The fact you are so sensitive to being outed as a lying sleazebag sock puppeteer is just sauce for the goose.

BTW, What’s 6 inches long, 2 inches wide and drives your mom wild?

4165gn.jpg

Long before you were here Mason's sock army was well known.
You should have got a ban for 12 B.
Learn from your mistakes.

Long before you were here Mason's sock army was well known.
You should have got a ban for 12 B.
Learn from your mistakes.

Talking about yourself in the third person indicates a mental disorder. That would explain a lot about you, your dishonesty and why you report people with false accusations.

408f6b.jpg

ROFL Straw man arguments only make you look desperate.

"You are also making the arrogant mistake of blaming it all on religion instead of public education."

Give me an example of me doing this.

It's not a straw man to ask for an example of what you're saying I'm doing.

"You are also making the arrogant mistake of blaming it all on religion instead of public education."

Give me an example of me doing this.

It's not a straw man to ask for an example of what you're saying I'm doing.

By virtue of the fact you often make statements like this "religion trains people to put feels over reals, which makes them susceptible to Fake News and Fascism" but never, ever discuss implementing an education program for the betterment of Americans. Is it because you hate Americans like you do Christians?

By virtue of the fact you often make statements like this "religion trains people to put feels over reals, which makes them susceptible to Fake News and Fascism" but never, ever discuss implementing an education program for the betterment of Americans. Is it because you hate Americans like you do Christians?

:laugh:

That's the best you could come up with? I don't talk about education enough?
That's like accusing someone of being a serial killer because they have't denounced serial killing.

You're also using the "you just hate America" argument which is especially embarrassing for you.
Now I'm just waiting for Godwin's Law.

You're about as thin skinned and candy assed as Trump.
Go cry to your new Mommy ,Top

LOL. You're the one that ran to "Mommy", cocksucker. You're just like your mother in that respect, but she was honest and funnier.

One time I asked her "What’s the worst part of breaking up with a Japanese girlfriend?" She said, "You have to drop the bomb twice until she finally gets it." :)

417q1m.jpg

:laugh:

That's the best you could come up with? I don't talk about education enough?
That's like accusing someone of being a serial killer because they have't denounced serial killing.

You're also using the "you just hate America" argument which is especially embarrassing for you.
Now I'm just waiting for Godwin's Law.

This isn't high school debate. Both of our reputations are made by the sum of our posts. The fact remains you hate religion as displayed by your attacks on it but now you are running from that hatred. Why?

Because religion trains people to put feels over reals, which makes them susceptible to Fake News and Fascism.

This isn't high school debate. Both of our reputations are made by the sum of our posts. The fact remains you hate religion as displayed by your attacks on it but now you are running from that hatred. Why?

Nice try, but you are the one who said that I blame Fascism only on religion. Now I'm asking for a time when I did this and you got nothing. I was perfectly clear in saying that religion makes people susceptible to Fascism and Fake News. I've also said that about Globalism.

You can admit you were wrong or you can keep being a pussy and trying to change the subject.

Nice try, but you are the one who said that I blame Fascism only on religion. Now I'm asking for a time when I did this and you got nothing. I was perfectly clear in saying that religion makes people susceptible to Fascism and Fake News. I've also said that about Globalism.

You can admit you were wrong or you can keep being a pussy and trying to change the subject.
If that was true, you would cite the quote.

I'll wait.

If that was true, you would cite the quote.

I'll wait.

After I said religion makes people susceptible to Fascism and Fake News, you said: "You are also making the arrogant mistake of blaming it all on religion instead of public education." You said this in post #859.

Now go ahead, be a pussy, and deny it. ;)

Those are the Christian values that Liberals want. Christianity is a pretty liberal religion, with some glaring exceptions. That's why I'm more curious about what Conservatives could possibly mean.
I am not sure that the anti-reproductive choice, anti-gay marriage bible thumpers one sees on message boards are actually authentic Christians. They do not strike me as the types who have invested energy in becoming knowledgeable about Christian theology and Christian history. My theory is that they just conveniently use the bible to justify their latent bigotry.

I believe it is anachronistic to paint Christianity as a liberal philosophy, but in the historical context its message of social justice, spiritual equality, and rejection of materialism was certainly radical and revolutionary in the context of the pagan Roman world.

As an institution, it is undeniable that Christianity has provided safe harbor to fascism at times. The Catholic Church provided safe harbor the nationalists in the Spanish civil war, and I do not think the church showed much bravery or fortitude in the face of Italian fascism. On the flip side, Catholic nuns and priests in Latin America sometimes had a long-standing association with leftist social justice movements. So I always have to remind myself that human institutions like Christianity can never be rendered into simplistic caricatures and stereotypes.

Last edited:
I am not sure that the anti-reproductive choice, anti-gay marriage bible thumpers one sees on message boards are actually authentic Christians. They do not strike me as the types who have invested energy in becoming knowledgeable about Christian theology and Christian history. My theory is that they just conveniently use the bible to justify their latent bigotry.

I believe it is anachronistic to paint Christianity as a liberal philosophy, but in the historical context its message of social justice, spiritual equality, and rejection of materialism was certainly radical and revolutionary in the context of the pagan Roman world.

As an institution, it is undeniable that Christianity has provided safe harbor to fascism at times. The Catholic Church provided safe harbor the nationalists in the Spanish civil war, and I do not think the church showed much bravery or fortitude in the face of Italian fascism. On the flip side, Catholic nuns and priests in Latin America sometimes had a long-standing association with leftist social justice movements. So I always have to remind myself that human institutions like Christianity can never be rendered into simplistic caricatures and stereotypes.

It's a little complicated. Biblical philosophy is generally liberal in the way we would use the term "liberal" today.
However, all religion makes people susceptible to Fascism because it teaches people to put feels over reals. It tells people that logic and facts don't matter, what matters is feeling and what you want to be true. It's no surprise that Fake News exploded in societies where even Atheists will say it's ok to be religious. If someone grows up thinking it's ok to believe whatever they want, of course they're going to believe Fake News and worship politicians that make them feel good.
Sure, there have been Christians that support commune-living and social justice. Not every Theist is a Fascist. But Theists are more likely to support Fascism than Atheists and that includes even these hippy commune Christians.

It's a little complicated. Biblical philosophy is generally liberal in the way we would use the term "liberal" today.
However, all religion makes people susceptible to Fascism because it teaches people to put feels over reals. It tells people that logic and facts don't matter, what matters is feeling and what you want to be true. It's no surprise that Fake News exploded in societies where even Atheists will say it's ok to be religious. If someone grows up thinking it's ok to believe whatever they want, of course they're going to believe Fake News and worship politicians that make them feel good.
Sure, there have been Christians that support commune-living and social justice. Not every Theist is a Fascist. But Theists are more likely to support Fascism than Atheists and that includes even these hippy commune Christians.

A whole lotta stupid in this post...

So you're an atheist.

Back