What kind of "Christian values" do Conservatives want?

Dude, Tacitus wasn't even born until late 50s A.D. and his pal Pliny a few years later. For that matter, Josephus wasn't born until just after the Crucifixion. several decades after the Crucifixion, the name of Jesus was in use, but they cite no evidence other than the name. Certainly not any Jesus quotes.

Don't forget that Jesse James, Butch Cassidy and Elvis have been reported alive and well long after they're "reported" deaths. :)

I know all that. Historians consider any first century source to be a primary source providing evidence that jesus existed. You should take any complaints about that to NT academic scholars, I am just a messenger

Judaism because Jews are God's chosen people to tell his story thru.
Have no knowledge of the rest,to give an educated answer

But if the Holy Spirit is real, then that means Judaism is a false religion. Judaism says Jesus went to Hell after his crucifixion.

The truth is, a religion's success has nothing to do with whether it's right or wrong.

I know all that. Historians consider any first century source to be a primary source providing evidence that jesus existed. You should take any complaints about that to NT academic scholars, I am just a messenger

Agreed. Me too.

But if the Holy Spirit is real, then that means Judaism is a false religion. Judaism says Jesus went to Hell after his crucifixion.

The truth is, a religion's success has nothing to do with whether it's right or wrong.

You're being impatient,the Jews were never suppose to recognize their Messiah at the first coming,it clearly is to save the Gentiles first.
Then at the second coming the Jews will recognize
Jesus is LORD.
Romans 11:25

Agreed. Me too.

When you think about it, this is standard practice for historical scholarship of the ancient world. We frequently do not have surviving "real time" accounts of historical events back then. Very few people wrote, and most information was passed down orally until someone eventually thought it was important enough to transcribe to papyrus.

Herodotus wrote his histories of the Greek Persian wars decades after it happened, and he was never a first hand witness to the conflict. But Herodotus is our best source for the histories of the Greco-Persian wars.

When you think about it, this is standard practice for historical scholarship of the ancient world. We frequently do not have surviving "real time" accounts of historical events back then. Very few people wrote, and most information was passed down orally until someone eventually thought it was important enough to transcribe to papyrus.

Herodotus wrote his histories of the Greek Persian wars decades after it happened, and he was never a first hand witness to the conflict. But Herodotus is our best source for the histories of the Greco-Persian wars.

The part you miss,is the Holy Spirit was there then and is here.

You're being impatient,the Jews were never suppose to recognize their Messiah at the first coming,it clearly is to save the Gentiles first.
Then at the second coming the Jews will recognize
Jesus is LORD.
Romans 11:25

But you said Christianity has been around for so long because scientists can't disprove the Holy Spirit. I'm saying that means nothing because other religions have also been around for a long time, some even longer than Christianity.

Frequently, but there is a treasure trove of Roman and Catholic writings. Think about how much was lost when the Library of Alexandria was at least partially burned by the Romans and eventually collapsed due to a lack of funding upon Roman occupation.

All sock puppeteers are lying scumbags and should never be trusted.

NSFW:
Sooo, Mason's mom and I were rolling around in the hay at a friend's ranch when I asked her "Why is life like a penis?" She said "Because women make it hard!" Gawwwd, she was so funny. Why do you think Mason turned out to be such a shitheel? He owes me an apology and a retraction.

t15134.gif

41hymv.jpg

Off Topic

"Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"
A good philosphy.

However, these are commandments:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness"

‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Christians know we are all sinners, but they also know that an unrepentant sinner cannot be forgiven. You, sir, are unrepentant and, therefore, obviously no Christian despite your claims of being one. You appear to be no more of a Christian than Donald J. Trump.

A good philosphy.

However, these are commandments:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness"

‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Christians know we are all sinners, but they also know that an unrepentant sinner cannot be forgiven. You, sir, are unrepentant and, therefore, obviously no Christian despite your claims of being one. You appear to be no more of a Christian than Donald J. Trump.

Review your post for the last few weeks,especially your 12B concerning Anne Frank

Review your post for the last few weeks,especially your 12B concerning Anne Frank

There was no 12b violation. The cocksucking liar, M. V. Mason, knows I was referencing his antisemitica sock puppet Anne Frank. What kind of lowlife scum dances on the grave of a murdered little girl by using her name to harass innocent people?

Review #1055 post

Shove a weedeater up your ass and turn it on, douchebag. Why the fuck do you care? There's no Mason's on this forum. You haven't confessed to having any sock puppets so why do you give a flying fuck if I talk about sex jokes and Mason's Mom?

Speaking of Mason's Mom; I once asked her "What do you get when you mix up LSD and Birth control pills?" She said "A trip with no kids!" Goddamn that bitch was funny.

t1594.gif
I loved her humor. Hot chick too. She was certainly a lot more of a Christian than you, Shel. Very devout, whereas you're a bottomfeeder eating used condoms and the heavy chunks of puke and shit that flow into your world.

Why do you think people from 2000 years ago were better at remembering things for 50 years than later generations?

Because most of them didn't use writing and had to learn to remember anything they thought important. Our early British poetry - things like The Gododdin - survived hundreds of years that way, and the language is convincingly early-mediaeval.

Have you even read the Bible?

Even if he had or hasn't, so what? It's following the path of Jesus that's most important, not acting like some lowlife Commandment-breaker who claims to have read the entire book then uses it as a paperweight.

Back