What the heck is up with this??

Yeah, I get confused all the time. Last time I was at the doctor I gave him a Nazi salute when I saw the caduceus symbol in his office.

uh yeah...did you conveniently miss obama's personal symbol at the bottom that makes it look just like a nazi propaganda

Let's see...they both have wings....

Oh no! I've been using quarters for years! Vending machines, parking meters, toll booths...does this mean I hate Jews?

deflect deflect deflect...hitting too close to the truth?

uh yeah...did you conveniently miss obama's personal symbol at the bottom that makes it look just like a nazi propaganda

Oh, yeah. I get the Obama campaign symbol and the swastika confused all the time too. In fact, one of my neighbors got all upset after I hung a Nazi flag in his yard after seeing his Obama yard sign during the campaign.

And don't get me started with what happened when Pepsi changed their symbol . . . I was all sorts of confused.

Wow, after reading the thread I noticed that sarcasm doesn't change the similarities between the two at all.

But heck, why should I care? If Obama wants to have a symbol that gives people the creeps subconsciously then more power to him.

Wow, after reading the thread I noticed that sarcasm doesn't change the similarities between the two at all.

But heck, why should I care? If Obama wants to have a symbol that gives people the creeps subconsciously then more power to him.

It's an eagle, correct?

Yes, I'm sure that people that are otherwise rational and sane "subconsciously" get the creeps from seeing the Obama campaign symbol and together with the symbol for the medical profession. I'm sure that seeing a swastika and iron eagle is what the non-nutter contingency thinks of when it sees that, subconsciously, of course.

I suppose I'm not surprised that the same folks that can't tell apples from aardvarks are having trouble distinguishing between the Obama campaign symbol and a swastika and the caduceus from the iron eagle.

It's an eagle, correct?
Which symbol are you talking about?

I think the similarity is based in the configuration of the wings over the circle, not what animal it may be.

Yes, I'm sure that people that are otherwise rational and sane "subconsciously" get the creeps from seeing the Obama campaign symbol and together with the symbol for the medical profession. I'm sure that seeing a swastika and iron eagle is what the non-nutter contingency thinks of when it sees that, subconsciously, of course.

I suppose I'm not surprised that the same folks that can't tell apples from aardvarks are having trouble distinguishing between the Obama campaign symbol and a swastika and the caduceus from the iron eagle.

It really is no skin off my nose if you feel the need to defend against it, I think that subconsciously it works against his goal of actually passing the legislation as it IMO causes people to react negatively because of those similarities. If I were on his staff I would advise the selection of a new symbol for this particular cause.

Which symbol are you talking about?

I think the similarity is based in the configuration of the wings over the circle, not what animal it may be.

It really is no skin off my nose if you feel the need to defend against it, I think that subconsciously it works against his goal of actually passing the legislation as it causes people to react negatively because of those similarities.

It's official; you're no longer smart.

Sorry about that. You used to be such a reliable poster, too; what a shame...

why does a sitting President of the United States need his OWN LOGO..??
We already have a logo for the United States..

It's official; you're no longer smart.

Sorry about that. You used to be such a reliable poster, too; what a shame...
I know that I have stumped you and left you without an answer when you repeat this phrase. It makes me happy. You only use it when you no longer have any logical answer that could apply.

Let me use a different approach to get my point across, if I was running the advertising campaign for a tooth paste that used the same type of configuration I would advise changing the symbol because subconscious reactions to things like that are real, even if you want them to go away because it is somebody or something you really really like using them.

I know that I have stumped you and left you without an answer when you repeat this phrase. It makes me happy. You only use it when you no longer have any logical answer that could apply.

Let me use a different approach to get my point across, if I was running the advertising campaign for a tooth paste that used the same type of configuration I would advise changing the symbol because subconscious reactions to things like that are real, even if you want them to go away because it is somebody or something you really really like using them.

Incorrect, sir.

I reply that way when I realize that you, too, have gone around the bend. Anyone who sees that picture and thinks "Nazi" is a certified nutter.

Damo is much more right wing than he likes to let on. Sometimes I think he fools himself too. I think he's even more right wing than he likes to let on to himself.

It really shows up in health care, the birthers, and this nazi nonsense.

Damo is much more right wing than he likes to let on. Sometimes I think he fools himself too. I think he's even more right wing than he likes to let on to himself.

I don't even think it's that his own views are that right-wing. He definitely has a soft spot in his heart for the right-wing nutters on here, though.

I'm always amazed when he jumps in to try to defend the paranoid observations of the memes & Dixies & Tutus of the board...

Once he mentioned the fact that he "won" the complete works of Lynn Cheney as a "prize" of some sort I knew right away he was a bonafide wing-nut. He's just more intelligent than most, though his latest concern troll schtick is getting tiresome.

Oh yeah, because he might lean more towards conservatives thinking, that must make him a right wing nutter...

I've know him for quite awhile, and he hasn't changed any as far as I can see..

so now he's not even suppose to speak to us???

you progressives just hate that thing called, free speech..

poor Damo, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Once he mentioned the fact that he "won" the complete works of Lynn Cheney as a "prize" of some sort I knew right away he was a bonafide wing-nut. He's just more intelligent than most, though his latest concern troll schtick is getting tiresome.

LOL I totally forgot about that. I must have blocked it out.

This is sad. I have never hidden the fact that I am a Republican who leans libertarian. It isn't like I tricked y'all into thinking I'm a Democrat and that I love government solutions and prefer to only think in terms of fixing things with more centralized government.

And again, this has nothing to do with my opinion of Obama or even of my opinion of health care, just my opinion that the symbol will indeed effect people and if I were he I would change the symbol. They don't even have to be huge changes, just enough to make it less reminiscent of that shape.

This is sad. I have never hidden the fact that I am a Republican who leans libertarian. It isn't like I tricked y'all into thinking I'm a Democrat and that I have ever loved government solutions.

In all seriousness, it isn't that. I know you lean right, and honestly, it's a good thing they have you, because you are a fairly bright guy and a good advocate for conservative thought when you're not trolling.

However, if you come to the defense of every nutty claim made by the parrots here, expect to be called on it. Only the extremists look at that picture and think "Nazi!"

Back