What's a Preacher to do?

and your answer is that slavery and gender inequity are no longer in vogue with Christians because they're no longer fashionable?
Again you can't answer a simple question. Some preacher.

How does the UCC justify its stance on homosexuality? Heck, at this point I'd like to see a link about their official policy.

http://www.ucc.org/lgbt/

some great reading at this site. Let me know when you've read and understood all of it....there'll be a quiz at the end. ;)
I looked for several minutes and couldn't find the word "sin" even mentioned. I'm looking for the UCC's stance stating that homosexuality isn't a sin, per your earlier claim as a preacher trained by this denomination. Where does it state that?

I looked for several minutes and couldn't find the word "sin" even mentioned. I'm looking for the UCC's stance stating that homosexuality isn't a sin, per your earlier claim as a preacher trained by this denomination. Where does it state that?

wouldn't you think that if the word "sin" is never mentioned in page after page of discussion about homosexuality, that would be a good indication that the denomination does not view homosexuality as a sin?:pke:

wouldn't you think that if the word "sin" is never mentioned in page after page of discussion about homosexuality, that would be a good indication that the denomination does not view homosexuality as a sin?:pke:
That's obvious, but again, how did they arrive at that conclusion?

No, I am saying that there is forgiveness in Christ. Maybe you missed that in my post?

I didn't miss your post at all, smartass.

Yes, homosexuality is a sin... is it the unforgivable sin?

Murder is a sin... again, is it the unforgivable sin?

Would Christ forgive a minister for marrying a gay couple? I believe he will. Will Christ forgive that gay couple? I believe he will.

As far as I understand Christianity, those sins are forgiven if the person repents. That is what I was always taught in church. Frankly, I've never heard anyone teach that a person can do whatever they want and still make it to heaven. Seems like a rather perverse belief if you ask me.

But at the end of the day, I don't really give a fuck.

If Christ won't forgive certain sins, how can I be sure that one of the sins I have committed in not one of those kinds of sins?

Answer my question. Can a Christian kill a million people and still make it to heaven? You refuse to answer it, because it forces you to abandon your illogical belief that no sin is greater than another.

Maineman,

Where does the NT condone slavery?

Not saying it doesn't, just curious where it does. Thanks...

Back