Where America's jobs went

to show you that CAT has eliminated competition as well. Tell me again... do you honestly believe that none of the smaller competitors in CAT's industry didn't simply fold because they couldn't compete?

The one part of the acquisition process you failed to mention is the laying off of employees that are redundant. I wonder how they feel about what YOU helped CAT do to them?

You can't handle the FACT that the situation is the same, so you attempt to deflect. The barriers to entry are obviously higher in the heavy equipment sector.... but YOU still helped CAT take out the smaller players. Or are you going to pretend that none of the smaller competitors went under because they couldn't compete with the almighty CAT?

Because it NOT THE SAME...what part of the FACT Walmart doesn't 'acquire' mom and pop stores they put out of business don't you understand?

Because it NOT THE SAME...what part of the FACT Walmart doesn't 'acquire' mom and pop stores they put out of business don't you understand?

It IS THE SAME, because every customer you stole from the competition put them that much closer to going under.

That is what walmart does.

Now I'm convinced you'd never have gotten in college. Acquiring the competion growing into monopoly size is different than growing organically till the competition is put out.
What a fucking loser GED.

It doesn't matter if they acquire them or not you moron. If they still use their size to put them out of business, do you think the employees care? You understand what redundant positions are, do you not?

You understand that I simply listed the acquisitions of CAT.... AGAIN, I ask you.... Do you honestly think there weren't smaller companies put out of business due to the size of CAT and the advantages that size brings?

Yea you guys are right...I remember my grandmother stopping at the local bulldozer store, it was on her way to Joe's bakery, the one of many Walmart put out of business. And then there was the excavator store in the middle of the block, they shared store fronts with Angelo's butcher shop, they too withered away when Walmart arrived. And we all miss the articulated truck shop. Granny would grab a half a mill out of her piggy bank and bring one home for hay rides...

he showed you a list of nearly 50 companies you and caterpillar took out after you said it didn't happen.

You show your high school education limitations daily, please don't stop.

he showed you a list of nearly 50 companies you and caterpillar took out after you said it didn't happen.

You show your high school education limitations daily, please don't stop.

I never said it didn't happen...your college education from Air Head U. is failing you...

Better fill up...

old-air-pump-arni-katz.jpg

Yea you guys are right...I remember my grandmother stopping at the local bulldozer store, it was on her way to Joe's bakery, the one of many Walmart put out of business. And then there was the excavator store in the middle of the block, they shared store fronts with Angelo's butcher shop, they too withered away when Walmart arrived. And we all miss the articulated truck shop. Granny would grab a half a mill out of her piggy bank and bring one home for hay rides...

So walmart is bad for putting Mom & Pop businesses out of business, but what you did is ok because the dollar amounts were larger? lol Too funny.

So walmart is bad for putting Mom & Pop businesses out of business, but what you did is ok because the dollar amounts were larger? lol Too funny.

Its ok if the average person didn't go around buying a bulldozer. I mean, to hell with the owners and employees of the smaller industrial equipment companies.... Bfgrn got his 'top employee' award for screwing over the little guy and that is all that really matters.

BF you are too dumb to see your own contradiction.

But seriously don't stop. It's a great sign that a dumbass like you could have a good career peddling tractors to farmers.

Hey Bfoon, what about all the Mom & Pop outlets for the competition? When the competition went out of business, those people lost their jobs.

All due to you being the best at taking business from the competition.

The whole context of the debate has been lost. It is my contention that the Boston Tea Party was a rebellion against the largest transnational corporation on the planet, the Walmart of the 18th century. If our founders and their contemporaries were free-marketeers who subscribed to the individual over community, they could have had cheaper tea for themselves from BEI, but they chose to throw that tea in the harbor. BEI would put local shops and merchants out of business.

SF contends our founders were conservatives who were all about a FREE market. Which means whomever survives is fine. Because normally it will be the fittest/strongest/most efficient companies that survive.

That is not what our founders DID, they chose to walk away from the cheapest tea and support the 'mom and pop' merchants.

The whole context of the debate has been lost. It is my contention that the Boston Tea Party was a rebellion against the largest transnational corporation on the planet, the Walmart of the 18th century. If our founders and their contemporaries were free-marketeers who subscribed to the individual over community, they could have had cheaper tea for themselves from BEI, but they chose to throw that tea in the harbor. BEI would put local shops and merchants out of business.

You are an idiot. AGAIN... this had nothing to due with 'mom and pop' locally produced tea. They CHOSE to ignore the MANDATE of the CROWN that they purchase from the MONOPOLY that was backed by the CROWN. In other words, they did NOT want the GOVERNMENT telling them who to buy from. They chose instead to buy the bulk of their tea not from mom and pop local producers, but from smugglers who were bringing in tea from the DUTCH.... AGAINST the wishes of the crown.

SF contends our founders were conservatives who were all about a FREE market. Which means whomever survives is fine. Because normally it will be the fittest/strongest/most efficient companies that survive.

That is not what our founders DID, they chose to walk away from the cheapest tea and support the 'mom and pop' merchants.

Except again, that is NOT what the Boston Tea Party was about, nor did the colonists buy much from 'mom and pop' merchants as you continue to claim. They bought the BULK of the tea from the DUTCH you friggin idiot. Your OWN link states that. Try reading it some time, it was actually interesting.

You also continue to conflate the Boston Tea Party to 'what our founders believed in'. Again... the Boston Tea Party, while significant, was ONLY ONE EVENT. You ignore the Declaration of Independence, you ignore the Constitution, you ignore everything that shows they were opposed to a CENTRALIZED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. You continue to warp that in your attempt to build straw men... but in the end, your failure to grasp not only history, but also the present is quite pathetic.

Back