Why do Christians believe in Jesus when He's NOWHERE in the Hebrew Bible?

"Only God is truly good"

If God is truly good, then I'll pass and say 'Fuck off' to him. Anyone who slaughters hundreds of thousands of children because he had a temper tantrum isn't anyone I would ever bow to. Your definition of good and mine are, apparently, very very different.

Jesus does not appear in ANY historical texts, outside of the Bible. That's either because his influence during his lifetime was very minimal, or he didn't exist at all.

If God is truly good, then I'll pass and say 'Fuck off' to him. Anyone who slaughters hundreds of thousands of children because he had a temper tantrum isn't anyone I would ever bow to. Your definition of good and mine are, apparently, very very different.

Are you familiar with what quotation marks mean?
Who did God kill,and how?

Are you familiar with what quotation marks mean?
Who did God kill,and how?

The Passover. And sadly, it is CELEBRATED by those of the Jewish faith. It is one of the most monstrous acts of genocide ever perpetrated. If one believes it actually happened. Which I don't. That's for starters.

Read Matthew 13 !

IT'S A PARABLE. Parables are usually metaphorical. My question is unanswered. What does being a reaper actually mean for you?

(I will understand if you don't want to answer this question. If you did you might accidentally be considered honest and that won't be good for a "reaper")

IT'S A PARABLE. Parables are usually metaphorical. My question is unanswered. What does being a reaper actually mean for you?

(I will understand if you don't want to answer this question. If you did you might accidentally be considered honest and that won't be good for a "reaper")

What did Matthew 13 say the Reapers job was?

Thallus 52 AD

Thallus does not provide a first hand account, and his account of the crucifixion was written (third hand) twenty years after it supposedly occurred. So, to be fair, my statement isn't completely accurate, but there are no first hand accounts of the man written during his lifetime. Obviously, many historical texts going forward mention him because of the religious movement. Which would suggest that at best he was not considered an important figure during his time if he existed at all.

What YOU believe is meaningless, unless you want me to
ASSUME you're right.

No it isn't. It informs my opinions, and my opinion of the Old Testament God is that he is a petty, jealous, monstrously evil entity.

Jesus does not appear in ANY historical texts, outside of the Bible. That's either because his influence during his lifetime was very minimal, or he didn't exist at all.
Brit historians Tom Holland and Dominic Sandbrook would disagree. Yes, it's minimal but they detail a few direct references and a lot of circumstantial evidence from many references. They also blow up the Bethlehem story with facts.

I've listened to several of their other history podcasts and enjoy them. Sometimes they use Brit slang or references which needed to be Googled, but a good podcast for history buffs.

One of two on Youtube:

What did Matthew 13 say the Reapers job was?

TO BURN THOSE WHO DON'T MAKE THE CUT.

"... I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Please tell me you aren't setting people on fire or that you have any plans to do so.

Brit historians Tom Holland and Dominic Sandbrook would disagree. Yes, it's minimal but they detail a few direct references and a lot of circumstantial evidence from many references. They also blow up the Bethlehem story with facts.
]

I have never heard of any legitimate mention of Jesus in historical records outside of the BIble. The Josephus comment may have been added in the Middle Ages.

Since I don't watch other people's videos can you tell us what specific documents Jesus is mentioned in per the podcasts you prefer?

No it isn't. It informs my opinions, and my opinion of the Old Testament God is that he is a petty, jealous, monstrously evil entity.

You're smart enough to know arguing with irrational people is a futile endeavor, Concart. Remember when Matt(?) thought I was your sock? LOL

Agreed the God of the OT is wrathful petty god. Clearly the God of the NT is much as loving and merciful as the messages of Jesus. Like the Torah, the Q'uron, and other ancient religious texts are the perceptions of ancient peoples. Often these perceptions were uneducated and unsophisticated much like Native Americans who first saw a Conquistador on a horse thought it was a single creature. Ezekial's Wheel, often cited by flying saucer fans, as evidence of ancient astronauts/visitors. Who knows if he really saw something or was tripping on acid or mushrooms?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 1:4-28,Ezekiel 10&version=NIV
4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty,[a] like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Ergot Poisoning in History https://cropwatch.unl.edu/2017/has-ergot-altered-events-world-history
The French Revolution
One of the events leading to the French Revolution was referred to as the “The Great Fear.” This event was characterized by a general panic by the population, resulting in mob mentality, violence, and riots from July 17 to Aug. 3, 1789.

Grain yields were very poor that year with widespread shortages expected, and rumors swept through villages that bandits were about to seize what was left of the year's grain harvest. In response to the rumors, fearful peasants throughout the rural provinces mobilized, took up arms, and attacked and looted their overlords’ manors.

The reason for this spontaneous mass hysteria remains a puzzle to today. Historian Mary K. Matossian argued that one of the causes of the Great Fear was consumption of grain contaminated with the ergot fungus. In years of good harvests, grain contaminated with ergot was discarded, but when the harvest was poor, there was little other option for food. Thus, a severe ergot epidemic may have affected the mental state of French peasants, thereby contributing to the French revolution in 1789.

Last edited:
Back