Why do Christians believe in Jesus when He's NOWHERE in the Hebrew Bible?

I have never heard of any legitimate mention of Jesus in historical records outside of the BIble. The Josephus comment may have been added in the Middle Ages.

Since I don't watch other people's videos can you tell us what specific documents Jesus is mentioned in per the podcasts you prefer?
Perhaps enhanced but not completely fabricated.

Regardless of the desire for heavy documentation on the life of a single carpenter rabbi, the impact of Jesus is prove in itself. If you see a ripple in a lake, doesn't common sense tell you something caused it? That you could follow the ripples back to the center of origin? Must you have proof something fell in before you'll believe the ripples, Perry Phd?

Me neither, but anyone interested would probably enjoy listening to the podcast while working. Obviously not you. You already know everything. LOL

Perhaps enhanced but not completely fabricated.

How so?

Regardless of the desire for heavy documentation on the life of a single carpenter rabbi

You mean a single carpenter rabbi who cured lepers and walked on water and miraculously created food and wine in front of countless witnesses? Oh yeah, and was actually God himself? That single carpenter rabbi?

, the impact of Jesus is prove in itself. If you see a ripple in a lake, doesn't common sense tell you something caused it?

I've heard of lots of miracles and even lots of saviors who came to redeem the earth. None of them turned out to be real.

That you could follow the ripples back to the center of origin? Must you have proof something fell in before you'll believe the ripples, Perry Phd?

-sigh-

You already know everything. LOL

^^^THIS, this is why you are despised. But I suppose for the guy who could barely scrape through college with an actual degree he could use it looks like I know everything. I don't. I am just more capable than you are. :)

Thallus does not provide a first hand account, and his account of the crucifixion was written (third hand) twenty years after it supposedly occurred. So, to be fair, my statement isn't completely accurate, but there are no first hand accounts of the man written during his lifetime. Obviously, many historical texts going forward mention him because of the religious movement. Which would suggest that at best he was not considered an important figure during his time if he existed at all.

"Why'd you choose such a backward time in such a strange land"?

How so?

You mean a single carpenter rabbi who cured lepers and walked on water and miraculously created food and wine in front of countless witnesses? Oh yeah, and was actually God himself? That single carpenter rabbi?

I've heard of lots of miracles and even lots of saviors who came to redeem the earth. None of them turned out to be real.

-sigh-

^^^THIS, this is why you are despised. But I suppose for the guy who could barely scrape through college with an actual degree he could use it looks like I know everything. I don't. I am just more capable than you are. :)
Read a book, listen to the podcast or just keep acting pushing your beliefs onto others without evidence.

There is no scientific proof of miracles or magic. Maybe Jesus was a time traveling doctor from the future or maybe the stories were exaggerated. You decide. LOL

Thanks for proof your PhD wasn't in science. Was it accounting? Maintenance Engineering? :thup:

The fact you are consistently so emotional tells me you are either highly over-stressed from work or that you are going insane.

How so?

-sigh-

Yes! "That single carpenter Rabbi" .

Freud would be very interested that an atheist would chose that figure of speech!

picard-facepalm.jpg

Religion is myth. If you benefit from it, fine. But if you claim it is true, make the argument.

It's a perception. Deifying things or people. Think of it as another step above what the Democrats did to Hillary Clinton. :thup:

Also consider how Greta Thurnberg is seen and other celebrities like Beyonce or Taylor Swift. People be cray-cray.

Back