Why do Christians believe in Jesus when He's NOWHERE in the Hebrew Bible?

That might be an opinion but it's an assumption, by your own opinion you don't know God.

What would you call that God? The own who instructed his followers to kill the men nd rape the women? To keep your enemies as slaves. To slaughter thousands upon thousands of innocent children? A great guy?

There is no scientific proof of miracles or magic. Maybe Jesus was a time traveling doctor from the future or maybe the stories were exaggerated. You decide. LOL

Or maybe he was just a dude who claimed to be the son of God. Or maybe he didn't even exist but was invented from whole cloth by authors in the late 1st Century AD.

Thanks for proof your PhD wasn't in science. Was it accounting? Maintenance Engineering? :thup:

I am fascinated at how much you NEEEEEEED to know my degree area.

It's hilarious!

The fact you are consistently so emotional tells me you are either highly over-stressed from work or that you are going insane.

Nah, it's actually mostly YOU. You are such a douchenozzle that just reading your non-stop mockery annoys me.

But I am also quite happy because I know you are a sub-intellect who couldn't even make college pay! LOL. You stumbled through various degrees all over the map. I've seen plenty of losers like you.

What would you call that God? The own who instructed his followers to kill the men nd rape the women? To keep your enemies as slaves. To slaughter thousands upon thousands of innocent children? A great guy?
Given that there is a God, there's a difference between the nature of that God and mankind's perception of that same God. The OT is a collection of perceptions by desert nomads from 4000 years ago. Take it for what it's worth.

OTOH, regardless of the accuracy of the Bible, something caused the Big Bang. While YMMV, I think people are more than just biological robots with biochemical and genetic programming. It's a conundrum.

Given that there is a God, there's a difference between the nature of that God and mankind's perception of that same God.

Yes. God(s) are always anthropomorphized. An all powerful God would care less about us than we care about an amoeba. But ultimately God is a man made construct as are the ideas of good and evil. Our ability to recognize our mortality drives all of it. There is no insect politics. Or religion.

Or maybe he was just a dude who claimed to be the son of God. Or maybe he didn't even exist but was invented from whole cloth by authors in the late 1st Century AD.

I am fascinated at how much you NEEEEEEED to know my degree area.
It's hilarious!

Nah, it's actually mostly YOU. You are such a douchenozzle that just reading your non-stop mockery annoys me.

But I am also quite happy because I know you are a sub-intellect who couldn't even make college pay! LOL. You stumbled through various degrees all over the map. I've seen plenty of losers like you.
A possibility. That's why it's a matter of belief. OTOH, like other great philosophers, his words a good ones.

You confuse "need" with curiosity, Perry Phd. Not just your degree but why you are so embarrassed to reveal it. Are you a French Lit Phd? Zoology and your doctorate was on the quagga or dodo bird? It's gotta be something really juicy for you to hide it.

Perry, the fact you come to JPP to vent just like the elderly geezers tells me you are either highly stressed or going insane like Sybil. It's literally not rocket science to see when a person is coming apart as you are, Perry.

The fact you are compelled to puff yourself up to prove superiority over a 66 year old retiree is another indicator you are having problems, Perry.

Back