Why do Christians believe in Jesus when He's NOWHERE in the Hebrew Bible?

I’m am an optimist. I believe that man’s has evolved such that characteristics we consider ‘good’ like empathy, are being selected. We have the capacity to enjoy life. I don need reward upon my death. I’m worm food and fine with that. In many ways recognizing this is your only shot makes you more focused on life. I hit the cosmic lottery. No need for further reward.

320270404_851286832740435_6650609166078357100_n.jpg

No he wasn't talking about the Holy Spirit, he was talking about the unique spirit in every man!
It's what separates us from ,a pound of burger at Kroger.

So why did you post it? What was the point? Just curious.

I’m am an optimist. I believe that man’s has evolved such that characteristics we consider ‘good’ like empathy, are being selected. We have the capacity to enjoy life. I don need reward upon my death. I’m worm food and fine with that. In many ways recognizing this is your only shot makes you more focused on life. I hit the cosmic lottery. No need for further reward.

There are genetic benefits to human behavior which is commonly seen as "good" since mass murdering psychos and rapists are not conducive to tribal survival in the wilderness.

Still, questions about the origin of the universe and postmortem existence remain.

I'll try to check this out.

Bart Ehrman a New Testament scholar at University of North Carolina, and a self identified atheist, has written extensively on Jesus and has almost no doubt about the historicity of the man.

It's a good listen if working on the yard or hobby. I dislike driving and listen to podcasts to keep me sane.

Oh ok,give me your "facts" that God doesn't exist.
Cypress kind of ruined your Jesus never existed assumption

I didn't say that. I said he was either insignificant during his lifetime or he didn't exist. There are no facts that God doesn't exist. There are no facts that God does. There is no proof or evidence either way. Next?

There are genetic benefits to human behavior which is commonly seen as "good" since mass murdering psychos and rapists are not conducive to tribal survival in the wilderness.

Still, questions about the origin of the universe and postmortem existence remain.

Yes, and they will likely remain unanswered until we find a way to measure and observe them. But what I do know is that once we are able to measure and observe something, 100% of supernatural explanations have been wrong.

Absolutely not! I believe the flesh evolved just like Darwin said. The problem started when God put a spirit in that evolved flesh and called him Adam,Etc.

So you have re-imagined the Garden of Eden story then? It all happened after evolution? What stage in the evolutionary process did God step in and play his silly games?

Yes, and they will likely remain unanswered until we find a way to measure and observe them.

But what I do know is that once we are able to measure and observe something, 100% of supernatural explanations have been wrong.
Not a physicist, but quantum mechanics and exploring the fundamental fabric of the universe may provide a means to do so.

All "supernatural" means is "outside the Universe" much like UFO only means "unidentified flying object". Some people jam much more meaning into both terms.

Not buying that! Apples and oranges

The New Testament is the most important piece of literature in the history of western civilization. Regardless if you are Christian, pagan, atheist, or agnostic.

It's more important than the Iliad, more important than the Odyssey, more important than the Aeneid.

Some scholars devote their academic lives to studying Homer and Virgil, because the Iliad and the Aeneid are that culturally important.

Same with the New Testament.

Not a physicist, but quantum mechanics and exploring the fundamental fabric of the universe may provide a means to do so.

All "supernatural" means is "outside the Universe" much like UFO only means "unidentified flying object". Some people jam much more meaning into both terms.

It actually means not of the natural world. Man is so egotistical that he thinks he's somehow special and has a special relationship with the creator of everything. We understand almost nothing of the natural world. Our instinct is explain away what we don't understand by saying 'God did it'. But as soon as we get close enough to observe and understand something, it enters the natural world and is explained by nature. It is never God. I am a the proverbial man of science.

Back