Why do Christians believe in Jesus when He's NOWHERE in the Hebrew Bible?

The New Testament is the most important piece of literature in the history of western civilization. Regardless if you are Christian, pagan, atheist, or agnostic.

More important than the Iliad, more important than the Odyssey, more important than the Aeneid.

Some scholars devote their academic lives to studying Homer and Virgil, because they Iliad and the Aeneid are that important.

Same with the New Testament.

It's not important at all! Unless it's true,if not it's a novel,lots of those in the book store.

When flesh had evolved to modern man.

Define modern. What stage of evolution did that occur? And why did God wait around? What was the point. Create the universe and sit around for billions of years waiting for evolution to create a being sentinent enough that he could fuck with them? Obviously, that is about as nonsensical as any fairy tale.

Define modern. What stage of evolution did that occur? And why did God wait around? What was the point. Create the universe and sit around for billions of years waiting for evolution to create a being sentinent enough that he could fuck with them? Obviously, that is about as nonsensical as any fairy tale.

My experience God seems to have a lot of time on his hands.
The Universe was a reaction not an action.

It's not important at all! Unless it's true,if not it's a novel,lots of those in the book store.

No, it is important not because it's true, but because so many people BELIEVE it is true. Big difference.

My experience God seems to have a lot of time on his hands.
The Universe was a reaction not an action.

And how did you decide that? Still haven't answered what the point was. Why fuck around with your perfect creation when you know what the result will be?

It actually means not of the natural world. Man is so egotistical that he thinks he's somehow special and has a special relationship with the creator of everything. We understand almost nothing of the natural world. Our instinct is explain away what we don't understand by saying 'God did it'. But as soon as we get close enough to observe and understand something, it enters the natural world and is explained by nature. It is never God. I am a the proverbial man of science.

Agreed. What does that have to do with whether there is something outside the Universe?

Agreed. Go with the facts. Atheists don't use facts; they use beliefs. The only logical people are Agnostics and they know none if this is worth getting angry about since none of it can be proved...yet.

Agreed. What does that have to do with whether there is something outside the Universe?

Agreed. Go with the facts. Atheists don't use facts; they use beliefs. The only logical people are Agnostics and they know none if this is worth getting angry about since none of it can be proved...yet.

Agnostic is a sliding scale. I am agnostic with respect to God to the same extent that I am agnostic to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. As for the God of the Bible... I'd say 99.999% NOT a believer. But I guess that still makes me agnostic.

Agnostic is a sliding scale. I am agnostic with respect to God to the same extent that I am agnostic to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. As for the God of the Bible... I'd say 99.999% NOT a believer. But I guess that still makes me agnostic.

No it means subconsciously you're leaving that .001% as a fall back in case it's all true!

No it means subconsciously you're leaving that .001% as a fall back in case it's all true!

Nope. Pascals wager is totally BS. I told you already, if I met the God of the Bible I'd tell him to fuck off. And like every bully, he would back right down.

New Testament is supremely important to the trajectory of
history in western civilization. It served as a model and inspiration for western models of literature, art, ethics, language, philosopy, not to mention as a sacred text for religious faith.

Again, the Bible, like the Torah and Q'uran, are the perceptions of unsophisticated people. Still, the Bible is more than a religious text. It contains dietary restrictions to prevent Trichinosis, a guideline for organizing a tribe and some good parables about philosophy.

Nope. Pascals wager is totally BS. I told you already, if I met the God of the Bible I'd tell him to fuck off. And like every bully, he would back right down.

Why are you as emotionally involved in this as a bipolar who self-medicates?

Again, the Bible, like the Torah and Q'uran, are the perceptions of unsophisticated people. Still, the Bible is more than a religious text. It contains dietary restrictions to prevent Trichinosis, a guideline for organizing a tribe and some good parables about philosophy.

LOL, it was published a little bit late for that.

Back