Why do Christians believe in Jesus when He's NOWHERE in the Hebrew Bible?

There's no "may be" about it, Perry PhD. You and I can agree to disagree about your jackassery.:)

Will you please drop the whole PhD thing. I never made a big deal of it. But it is clear your inability to even get a real graduate degree is a big chip on your shoulder.

The fact you can't put it in layman's terms

Actually I simply don't find YOU worth the time to explain it. I have little patience with subliterates.

As for your work and education, why are you so paranoid about keeping it secret? You claim I'm wrong but don't correct. You make posts like those below then deny it's your field.

Because I despise you.

Will you please drop the whole PhD thing. I never made a big deal of it. But it is clear your inability to even get a real graduate degree is a big chip on your shoulder.

Actually I simply don't find YOU worth the time to explain it. I have little patience with subliterates.

Because I despise you.

DutchUncle is one messed up dude. He insults everyone. A worthless troll.

Why should anyone care about the Jewish Bible?

Because xtains claim their man god was foretold in the Jewish bible

If it bothers you then ignore this thread

The claim of Paul and the New Testament authors is that Jesus fulfilled many prophecies connected to the Hebrew Scriptures (so-called Old Testament) and a true believer will easily be able to see them. The gospel according to Matthew, in particular, attempts to cross-reference the miraculous birth, deeds, and proclamations attributed to Jesus with relevant passages found in Tanach. What are the differences in Christianity vs Judaism?

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals a great conspiracy and tampering of the evidence. Not one verse from Tanach proves the messiahship of Jesus. On the contrary, our Jewish sages, for two millennia have had ample time to analyze and decipher all 22,000+ verses in Tanach, and have concluded that Jesus did not fulfill any of its prophecies, nor are there any passages that unambiguously allude to his life or ministry. On the contrary, we will discover how the New Testament distorts and contorts Tanach to make it “bend” to their a priori agenda to “prove” their beliefs about Jesus. Let’s see!

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/christian-proof-texting/

Because xtains claim their man god was foretold in the Jewish bible

If it bothers you then ignore this thread

The claim of Paul and the New Testament authors is that Jesus fulfilled many prophecies connected to the Hebrew Scriptures (so-called Old Testament) and a true believer will easily be able to see them. The gospel according to Matthew, in particular, attempts to cross-reference the miraculous birth, deeds, and proclamations attributed to Jesus with relevant passages found in Tanach. What are the differences in Christianity vs Judaism?

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals a great conspiracy and tampering of the evidence. Not one verse from Tanach proves the messiahship of Jesus. On the contrary, our Jewish sages, for two millennia have had ample time to analyze and decipher all 22,000+ verses in Tanach, and have concluded that Jesus did not fulfill any of its prophecies, nor are there any passages that unambiguously allude to his life or ministry. On the contrary, we will discover how the New Testament distorts and contorts Tanach to make it “bend” to their a priori agenda to “prove” their beliefs about Jesus. Let’s see!

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/christian-proof-texting/

Why should anyone yield to what the Jewish religion was?

The word "mashiach" does not mean "savior." The notion of an innocent, divine or semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought. Unfortunately, this Christian concept has become so deeply ingrained in the English word "messiah" that this English word can no longer be used to refer to the Jewish concept.

The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The mashiach is often referred to as "mashiach ben David" (mashiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.

It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the mashiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the mashiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the mashiach, then that person is not the mashiach.

https://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach

Why should anyone care about the Jewish Bible?

Because Marcionism has been deemed anathema. As I understand it the Marcionites wanted to separate the God of the OT from the God of the NT (I'm sure it was more subtle than that, simplifying for brevity's sake) and the Church came down and determined that would be heresy.

The God of the OT is the same as the God of the NT and must be taken as a consistent entity even though it is interesting to see how bloodthirsty the OT God was compared to the much nicer and more ecumenical God of the NT.

Because Marcionism has been deemed anathema. As I understand it the Marcionites wanted to separate the God of the OT from the God of the NT (I'm sure it was more subtle than that, simplifying for brevity's sake) and the Church came down and determined that would be heresy.

The God of the OT is the same as the God of the NT and must be taken as a consistent entity even though it is interesting to see how bloodthirsty the OT God was compared to the much nicer and more ecumenical God of the NT.

who cares

Why would it? It's in the Bible. "A time to love and a time to hate."

Why are you sticking up for a bigoted racist? Because he's part of your pussy posse and kisses your ass?

In most varieties of Christianity I am aware of, the Old Testament, aka Hebrew Bible, is really only theologically important in the sense that it prophesizes the coming of Jesus, it has some divinely inspired universal moral maxims like the ten commandments, and it has an origin story which is obviously metaphorical as interpreted through modern minds.

If you are prioritizing and elevating an obscure passage in Ecclesiastes exhorting violence over the moral maxims of the Sermon on the Mount, I don't think you are acting genuinely Christian

Back