why is it only the nutcase Rs post anymore?

Put the guy on IA. People like 007 post outlandish stuff on internet boards because they want attention. Well he's sure getting attention.

But PRECISELY the kind of bullshit misdirection most Righties like to employ.

So essentially you're arguing the city of Detroit played no role in it's economic demise and was purely a victim of circumstances out of its control. You're obviously free to believe what you would like but you aren't going to get very far with that argument when talking to people knowledgeable about Detroit and the state of Michigan.

Put the guy on IA. People like 007 post outlandish stuff on internet boards because they want attention. Well he's sure getting attention.

What they want is for those who agree with them politically, as you do, to ignore their filth while they can continue to spew it at those they disagree with.

If the entire board, from both sides of the political isle, made a concerted effort to ridicule such behaviour they might go away.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending you can't hear his filth isn't helping.

So essentially you're arguing the city of Detroit played no role in it's economic demise and was purely a victim of circumstances out of its control. You're obviously free to believe what you would like but you aren't going to get very far with that argument when talking to people knowledgeable about Detroit and the state of Michigan.

No, I am arguing that hyperbolic statements like this:

Yeah, they just made every law in the state and city since 1960... It couldn't be over 50 years worth of liberal policy. It's got to be that company, who at their best hired 40K people in the city!

Do NOTHING to further the discussion, and ridiculous strawman arguments like Damo's above are precisely what Righties love to trot out when they've lost the debate.

Pretending the REAL problem people don't exist just allows them to keep existing.

Forcing them out of power is the only way to rid yourself of them.

Unfortunately the right is so dishonest they just USE them to win elections by feeding them non stop lies and then pretending they are just a tiny fringe.

They write the republican platform now

What they want is for those who agree with them politically, as you do, to ignore their filth while they can continue to spew it at those they disagree with.

If the entire board, from both sides of the political isle, made a concerted effort to ridicule such behaviour they might go away.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending you can't hear his filth isn't helping.

Again, people who want attention don't care if they get ridiculed. I spend way too much time on political and sports chat boards and I see this over and over.

If you want to spend your time yelling at fringe posters then be my guest but understand you are giving them the response they desire.

Do NOTHING to further the discussion, and ridiculous strawman arguments like Damo's above are precisely what Righties love to trot out when they've lost the debate.

What is your problem with what Damo said?

Ignoring him is ignoring exactly what is killing the republican party

The dude is a freaking Brit. I don't know if he can even vote in America. I know you like to believe every fringe internet poster represents 50 million Americans but it's not really like that.

The dude is a freaking Brit. I don't know if he can even vote in America. I know you like to believe every fringe internet poster represents 50 million Americans but it's not really like that.

and you believe everything and internets poster tells you?

The problem is, it isn't a straw man, it is history. Since 1962 there hasn't been one republican elected in Detroit. Not even one. It seems that the facts have a "right leaning" bias there... (Desh will understand this reference).

ummmm...

It's total horseshit?

Now that I re-read his statement I realized I read it wrong. That was my mistake. The first time I thought he was referring to liberal rule in Detroit only which would be correct but the second time I saw he said liberals made all the rules in the state since 1960 which is obviously no where near the truth.

The problem is, it isn't a straw man, it is history. Since 1962 there hasn't been one republican elected in Detroit. Not even one. It seems that the facts have a "right leaning" bias there... (Desh will understand this reference).

You included the state though and Michigan has had multiple Republican governors since the '60's as well Republicans in state Congress.

or better yet, if everyone put him on IA, he wouldn't get the attention he wants and the rest of us wouldn't have to listen to you whine about him incessantly.

or better yet, if everyone put him on IA, he wouldn't get the attention he wants and the rest of us wouldn't have to listen to you whine about him incessantly.

Riiiiight...because that idea has worked so well in the past.

(nope)

Tell me again how your BIIIG plan of action, ignoring them, worked and got them to stop.

Oh wait...no it didn't, did it?

They kept right up with their sickening shit until the Mods were finally forced to ban them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back