Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

For the second time: I already thoroughly and exhaustively answered your question, and you are on tap to answer mine.

Ok, so here's the definition of Climate:

cli·mate
/ˈklīmət/
noun
the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.

So, rephrasing my question to be as accurate as possible...

If the Earth's atmosphere were to disappear tomorrow, would the weather condition prevailing in an area over a long period of time, change? Let's say we had a general record of climate for Belize. If the earth's atmosphere disappeared, 10 years from now, would you expect to see a significant change in the prevailing conditions over those 10 years?

We have to ask if you really are too undereducated to ask a properly worded question. In the case above, the question is totally invalid because there is no such thing as a global climate (it's a contradiction in terms).

Here's what you should have asked:

"If the atmosphere were to suddenly vanish, would the Earth's millions and millions of climates change?"

ANSWER: Why yes, yes they would.

No, they wouldn't. A desert climate is still a desert climate. A marine climate is still a marine climate. An airless climate is still an airless climate. Nothing changes. It matters not whether there is no atmosphere and no oceans.
Climate is not the atmosphere. Climate is not the oceans. Climate is a subjective description only.

Last edited:
I will ask you the same question.
So you refuse to answer IBDaMann's question.
It's a simple yes or no question,
IBDaMann's question is not a yes/no question.
but I will suspect you will avoid answering it, just as others have.
Like you. He doesn't need to answer his own question.
If the Earth's atmosphere vanished, would it change the Earth's climate?
RQAA. The atmosphere cannot vanish, and the atmosphere is not a climate. There is such thing as a global climate.

The atmosphere cannot vanish, and the atmosphere is not climate.
There is no such thing as a global climate.

Right. That's how hypotheticals work, though I'm 100% certain that the earth's atmosphere could, under the right conditions, be destroyed.

No, they wouldn't. A desert climate is still a desert climate. A marine climate is still a marine climate. Nothing changes. It matters not whether there is no atmosphere and no oceans.
Climate is not the atmosphere. Climate is not the oceans. Climate is a subjective description only.

To clarify, you believe that the earth's climate, as it is scientifically defined, would not change if our atmosphere disappeared. That's what you're saying? I don't care if you say it's one climate or a million climates, you are definitely saying that no climates would change?

Ok, so here's the definition of Climate:

cli·mate
/ˈklīmət/
noun
the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.

If the Earth's atmosphere were to disappear tomorrow, would the weather condition prevailing in an area over a long period of time, change? Let's say we had a general record of climate for Belize. If the earth's atmosphere disappeared, 10 years from now, would you expect to see a significant change in the prevailing conditions over those 10 years?

Define 'a long period'. Define 'in general'. Belize is not a climate. Climate has no 'records'. There are no values associated with a climate to record.

RQAA. Stop asking the same question over and over mindlessly. It's already been answered.

To clarify, you believe that the earth's climate, as it is scientifically defined, would not change if our atmosphere disappeared. That's what you're saying? I don't care if you say it's one climate or a million climates, you are definitely saying that no climates would change?

There is no such thing as 'scientifically defined'.
RQAA. Stop asking the same question over and over mindlessly. It's already been answered.

Define 'a long period'.
No. You can pick. I don't care because I already know the answer. It could be one day. It could be 100 days. Pick your favorite number.
Define 'in general'. Belize is not a climate. Climate has no 'records'. There are no values associated with a climate to record.
correct Belize is not climate, but Belize has a climate based on averages. Would the averages change significantly?

Answer it directly and I'll stop asking. Deal?

Climate is a subjective description only.
Exactly. If the atmosphere were to vanish, my subjective opinion of each climate would change drastically, especially regarding the humidity, the atmospheric pressure (which was formerly a characteristic of high vs. low elevation areas), the rain forest that is no more, etc ...

Hold on, you haven't answered my question. I answered yours, so answer mine. Which of earth's million upon millions of climates are you claiming has/have changed over your lifetime?

Let's say we had a general record of climate for Belize.
Did you simply forget to make "climates" a plural or did you not learn anything from my post? Also, climates don't change, so there would be no such thing as a "general record" of any climate (that would be stupid; imagine a daily log of the same thing!) although you could have a listing of all the climates in Brazil and their locations.

By the way, I reject your definition of "climate." It isn't the definition I learned and have used for my entire life. If you wish to discuss the topic with me, I recognize a "climate" as being a subjective, human characterization of local conditions, bounded by an area and a timeframe. You could talk about the summer climate of the Nicaraguan rain forest, and you can talk about the political climate of Washington DC during an election. Focus on the words "subjective characterization" and "local conditions." When talking about a political climate, for example, it's stupid to speak of prevailing weather conditions. Similarly, if you are talking about the differences between pre-COVID and post-COVID climates within government agencies, the weather wouldn't apply either.

Hold on, you haven't answered my question. I answered yours, so answer mine. Which of earth's million upon millions of climates are you claiming has/have changed over your lifetime?

Did you simply forget to make "climates" a plural or did you not learn anything from my post? Also, climates don't change, so there would be no such thing as a "general record" of any climate (that would be stupid; imagine a daily log of the same thing!) although you could have a listing of all the climates in Brazil and their locations.

By the way, I reject your definition of "climate." It isn't the definition I learned and have used for my entire life. If you wish to discuss the topic with me, I recognize a "climate" as being a subjective, human characterization of local conditions, bounded by an area and a timeframe. You could talk about the summer climate of the Nicaraguan rain forest, and you can talk about the political climate of Washington DC during an election. Focus on the words "subjective characterization" and "local conditions." When talking about a political climate, for example, it's stupid to speak of prevailing weather conditions. Similarly, if you are talking about the differences between pre-COVID and post-COVID climates within government agencies, the weather wouldn't apply either.
Mantra 60 Excessive whining. 10 yard penalty

Mantra 1a.
Mantra 4a.
One of the "miscellaneous" documents on that site is Into the Night's mantra list.

What of mine did you find the most hilarious?

All of the stupidest people do what you're doing. Your only interest is in being spiteful, and you don't care that you are announcing that you are too stupid to distinguish between different people, and you're OK with that because you are aware that everyone already knows that you are totally stupid.

So, let's talk chemistry. What do you find hilarious about it? I know that I will find your comments hilarious, and you know it as well, which is why you didn't offer a single concrete example. So, lay it on me.

You don't understand the basics of acid-base chemistry.

Nope. Belize has many climates that are based on subjective characterization. You have a great deal to learn, Grasshopper.

Climate measures include things like temperature and precipitation to name a few. These things are objectively, not subjectively, measured.

Now, let's acknowledge why there is much willful ignorance and obvious attempts to avoid answering a very simple question about the impact of a loss of atmosphere. If you acknowledge a loss of atmosphere, besides completely ending life, would result in the average temp of the Earth going from 60 degrees Fahrenheit to 0 degrees Fahrenheit, then you also would acknowledge that the atmosphere, and therefore its composition, matter. People who make an attempt to educate themselves also know that Venus, despite being further from the the Sun than Earth, has an average temperature that is about 14x higher than earth - around 850 degrees Fahrenheit. Why, do you ask? Because Venus' atmosphere is much, much different than the Earth's. It's about 95% CO2. Why does CO2 concentration matter? Because, as I mentioned previously, CO2 molecules trap more heat than other atmospheric molecules. No, the first and second laws of thermodynamics don't matter. No, your word games and attempts to deflect don't matter. This is a fact. This is science.

Back