Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

Not your made up definition, dumbass.
Sorry, moron. Your exact words were "Define climate." My definition is all I can provide when I define something. You should have learned this in your deaf studies.

Now that I have extended to you the courtesy of defining Climate for you per your request, it is up to you to either offer a better definition or agree to use the one I offered.

There is no such thing as 'net energy movement'. You cannot heat a 100 degree rock with a 70 degree room.

Where did I say anything about heating the rock in a colder room? Oh, that's right, I didn't because that would be silly.

Last edited:
Sorry, moron. Your exact words were "Define climate." My definition is all I can provide when I define something. You should have learned this in your deaf studies.

Now that I have extended to you the courtesy of defining Climate for you per your request, it is up to you to either offer a better definition or agree to use the one I offered.

Too easy.

cli·mate
/ˈklīmət/
noun
the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.
"our cold, wet climate"

And short!

Hint: once equilibrium has reached, the temperature will stop rising.
Then this should be the case with earth. But "nay" you say. You claim the earth's average temperature spontaneously increases after having achieved equilibrium temperature. How do you explain your position

Returning to the pizza in the oven scenario. If the oven were instead filled with 95% CO2 and then preheated to 475 degrees Fahrenheit, would the pizza achieve runaway greenhouse effect?

Too easy.

cli·mate
/ˈklīmət/
noun
the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.
"our cold, wet climate"

And short!

Houston, we have a problem. The definition calls for prevailing weather, but your example "cold, wet" does not contain any weather. You should have noticed this discrepancy when you performed your due diligence, PRIOR to posting.

Besides, you're supposed to know that "climate" is not "weather" ... and you are supposed to know the difference.

You'd think an expert on thermodynamics would understand why the sunny side of the Moon can be 250F while the night side can drop to below -200F.

https://www.space.com/18175-moon-temperature.html
The temperature on the moon can reach a blistering 250° Fahrenheit (120° Celsius or 400 Kelvin) during lunar daytime at the moon's equator, and plummet to -208 degrees F (-130° C, 140 K) at night.

In certain spots near the moon's poles temperatures can drop even further, reaching - 424° F (- 253°C or 20 K) according to NASA.

Then this should be the case with earth.

See? You persist in the notion that I do not understand your point. The Sun's radiation does not increase, therefore, it does not increase the Earth's temperature (this is a simplistic view).

But "nay" you say. You claim the earth's average temperature spontaneously increases after having achieved equilibrium temperature. How do you explain your position

Again, you persist in that absurd notion that I do not understand. I am aware that the Earth is in a state of equilibrium.

Here's a question for you: what do you think will happen if the Earth doesn't rotate?

Returning to the pizza in the oven scenario. If the oven were instead filled with 95% CO2 and then preheated to 475 degrees Fahrenheit, would the pizza achieve runaway greenhouse effect?

If the oven door is open and the CO2 surrounds it like a blanket, it will get hotter with no way of heat escaping.

Earth's core? Yes. I thought about bringing that up previously, but decided against it. There's already enough confusion about fairly simple thermodynamics laws. No need to throw anything else into the equation.

You're right. It's complex enough as is.

If the concept hasn't sunk into Sybil's deranged brain by now, it never will just like his lack of understanding about the 2020 election.

It hasn't sunk that we DO understand his point. A closed system in a state of equilibrium will stay the same overall.

It hasn't sunk that we DO understand his point. A closed system in a state of equilibrium will stay the same overall.

He babbles so much I stopped paying attention. It's like wading through a haystack hoping to find a needle.

I have no doubt Sybil is mentally ill.

[the sun] does not increase the Earth's temperature (this is a simplistic view).
I saw that. You pivoted. You tried to sneak it in there in the hope that no one would notice, but I noticed. The question is about the earth's temperature and when it increases, but you pivoted to discussing the sun and emphasizing that the sun does not increase the earth's temperature. My entire conversation with ZenMode was premised on constant solar output.

Assuming one accounts for changes/fluctuations in solar output and earth's proximity to the sun, does the earth's average temperature ever increase due to atmospheric composition?

Back