Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

@IBDaMann --- Yup, you were right... yet ANOTHER evasion of your question asked.

@ZenMode --- * What climate are you claiming has changed during the last century?

The "@" code doesn't work here, dumbass.

@gfm7175
@IBDaMann
@Into the Night

Any questions I missed was unintentional. Unlike Into the Night, who talks in circles because he can't answer questions, I can/will easily answer any question related to this topic.

What climate are you claiming has changed during the last century?

What climate are you claiming has changed during the last century?

The earth's climate is constantly changing, depending on the window of time you're measuring. A common measure is using the sun's 11 cycles where the north/south poles flip. The question isn't whether or not the earth's climate changes, it's whether or not man's contributions of greenhouse gases plays a role.

You'd think an expert on thermodynamics would understand why the sunny side of the Moon (having no appreciable atmosphere "containing "greenhouse gas") is sooooooo much WARMER than the sunny side of the Earth (with an appreciable atmosphere "containing greenhouse gas").

Apparently the "presence of greenhouse gas" isn't actually doing what physics deniers are claiming the "presence of greenhouse gas" does, eh?

If you actually had a thorough, and not just one-sided, understanding of how the atmosphere works, you'd know that part of how it regulates temperatures is by reflecting a portion of the suns energy away from earth and back into space. Air pollution particles actually help cool the earth by reflecting energy away from the earth.

Again, that's IF you had a thorough understanding.

The Warming Effect of Greenhouse Gases Is Larger Than the Cooling Effect of Air Pollution

If not for aerosol pollution, Earth would be even warmer than it already is. Aerosol air pollution has made the planet about 0.7° F (0.4 °C) cooler than it otherwise would be, according to the 2021 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). For comparison, greenhouse gas emissions have added 2.7°F (1.5°C) of warming.

This makes for an interesting predicament. It might seem that air pollution is oddly helpful to counteract climate change. But that doesn’t mean we need air pollution to keep the world slightly cooler. As people and economies shift to energy forms that emit less particulate pollution, there will be a gradual reduction in air pollution aerosols, which could cause a temporary warming effect. Because these changes will occur gradually over several decades, it’s unlikely to cause much of a temperature rise.

Over the long haul, reducing emissions of heat-trapping gases will more than make up for any temporary warming. Plus, cleaner air will save millions of lives.

https://climate.nasa.gov/explore/as...has made,makes for an interesting predicament.

giphy.gif

The earth's climate is constantly changing, depending on the window of time you're measuring.
Agreed that climate is constantly changing.
BUT my window of time is 1884 - present.
You are obviously evading the question: What climate are you claiming has changed during the last century?

Agreed that climate is constantly changing.
BUT my window of time is 1884 - present.
You are obviously evading the question: What climate are you claiming has changed during the last century?

There are stronger/longer than average heat waves and more severe than average flooding. There has also been a measured increase in average temperature.

Again, the question isn't whether or not climate change is a deathly urgent issue that needs economy-destroying measures to address. The question is whether or not the very basic theory of increased CO2 in the atmosphere impacts overall temperatures.

Your appeal to your mind master is summarily dismissed. NASA is not science.

Which is precisely what you have to tell yourself, among other things, to continue to believe what you want to believe.

So, to clarify, you can't actually refute anything I said, you just attack the source. :good4u:

There are stronger/longer than average heat waves and more severe than average flooding. There has also been a measured increase in average temperature.

For purposes of this discussion would you agree to this definition of weather?

weather

noun
weath·​er ˈwe-t͟hər

: the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/weather

Interesting they make no mention of any region of the planet whose climate classification has actually changed since 1884.
Why do you think that is so?

IDK. I'm not a rocket scientist nor do I play one online. :)

When NASA claims they put mankind on the Moon, I believe there are enough legitimate checks to verify that it's true. I don't have to understand the problems involved or how they did it. Same for climate science and nuclear weapons.

Others, such as Sybil, can believe the Moon Landing was a hoax or that space aliens exist at Area 51.

Back