Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

Does it involve fake Moon landings or space aliens? Alien abductions? Anal probes? Sybil seems to be fascinated with anal probes.

What I don’t know is why NASA even gets involved with weather other than forecasts for conditions before launches.

What I don’t know is why NASA even gets involved with weather other than forecasts for conditions before launches.

Two words: Weather Satellites.

The first US weather satellite was TIROS 1 in 1960: https://www.darpa.mil/about-us/timeline/tiros
The program greatly advanced the science of meteorology by placing the first dedicated weather satellite in orbit, TIROS 1, on April 1, 1960. The mission swiftly proved the viability of observing weather from space. It took 23,000 cloud-cover pictures, of which more than 19,000 were used in weather analysis. For the first time, meteorologists were able to track storms over the course of several days.
1959a_TIROS_619x316.jpg

Looks to me that’s for the purpose of weather forecasting.
Again, not a rocket scientist, but I think that one was more for study. Forecasting came later.

If predicting the weather for tomorrow is good, isn't predicting the weather next week better? Next month? Next year? 10 years from now?

Again, not a rocket scientist, but I think that one was more for study. Forecasting came later.

If predicting the weather for tomorrow is good, isn't predicting the weather next week better? Next month? Next year? 10 years from now?

Nothing wrong or bad about forecasting the weather.

Nothing wrong or bad about forecasting the weather.

It's also a national security issue.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/699/us-navy-bracing-for-climate-change/
March 21, 2012
U.S. Navy bracing for climate change

Climate change is here, whether we like it or not. In May 2009, the Chief of U.S. Naval Operations formed the Navy’s Task Force Climate Change (TFCC) to take a hard look at what climate change means for naval operations. Some of the fastest-changing parts of the world include the poles — the Arctic and Antarctic — which are warming at an unprecedented rate. With a near-term focus on the Arctic, the Navy has developed Arctic and climate change roadmaps to guide the way it adapts to climate change.

https://www.navy.mil/Portals/1/Docu...ynB4Z0qUzlFg_2uKnYw==&timestamp=1654016322287
CLIMATE ACTION 2030
Department of the Navy

Climate change is one of the most destabilizing forces of our time, exacerbating other national security concerns and posing serious readiness challenges. Our naval forces, the United States Navy and Marine Corps, are in the crosshairs of the climate crisis: the threat increases instability and demands
on our forces while simultaneously impacting our capacity to respond to those demands...

...If we do not act, as sea levels rise, bases like Norfolk
Naval Base and Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island will be severely tested in their ability to
support their missions. If temperatures continue to rise, the oceans will get warmer, creating more
destructive storms requiring our Fleets and Marine Corps forces to increase their operational tempo
to respond.

We will see more extreme heat events such as the record-setting heatwaves in the normally temperate
Pacific Northwest, and the expansive fires and unprecedented droughts in the West. These events
mean more black flag days with temperatures at-or-above 90 degrees Fahrenheit, requiring strenuous
activity – including mission-essential training – be curtailed because it is not safe. It means strain
on the grid as people compete for energy to cool off, making mission and our people vulnerable to
an outage.

If temperatures continue to rise, and disease develops and spreads, our hospital ships and medical
personnel will be called on to deploy more in support of nations in need. As we see increased instability in parts of the world strained by climate-driven water and food insecurity or migration, the blue-green Gator Navy team will need to support more of these increasing humanitarian aid and
disaster relief missions.

For these reasons and so many others integral to our mission, the Department of Navy will take on
the urgency of the climate crisis and harness our power to make change – as an environmental
leader and a market driver. For the DON, bold climate action is a mission imperative. In this decisive
decade, we have no other alternative

Wow they’re preparing centuries in advance.
Good to be prepared… I guess.
Sooner than that. The opening of the Northwest Passage changes naval strategy. Droughts or floods in Third World countries cause chaos and often result in movements of people....this can easily result in war as people compete for dwindling resources such as "breathing space".

On another thread, Cypress and I discussed the collapse of the Bronze Age. One theory is that volcanic induced climate change resulted in famine, which results in mass death resulting in disease and, finally, war as people move to more hospitable climes...which are often already occupied. In case you missed it, Famine, Death, Pestilence and War are the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

That was when the global population was about 100M. Nowadays, with 8B human beings, a massive drought would be catastrophic and quickly devolve into massive chaos and violence. The US Navy would have to protect trade routes. Somalia and the Somali pirates would be a preview of a global event.

Sooner than that. The opening of the Northwest Passage changes naval strategy. Droughts or floods in Third World countries cause chaos and often result in movements of people....this can easily result in war as people compete for dwindling resources such as "breathing space".

On another thread, Cypress and I discussed the collapse of the Bronze Age. One theory is that volcanic induced climate change resulted in famine, which results in mass death resulting in disease and, finally, war as people move to more hospitable climes...which are often already occupied. In case you missed it, Famine, Death, Pestilence and War are the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

That was when the global population was about 100M. Nowadays, with 8B human beings, a massive drought would be catastrophic and quickly devolve into massive chaos and violence. The US Navy would have to protect trade routes. Somalia and the Somali pirates would be a preview of a global event.

Don't worry... there is no such thing as global warming.

Like I said, you know exactly what I mean when I say "jackets work" in the context of this discussion.
Nope. You are the one making the irreconcilable error. You desperately need the context to be science in order to lend plausibility to the claim that your religion is somehow thettled thienth. This becomes your double-edged sword. In science, "work" is a defined term. Ergo, in the context of this discussion, nobody knows what the fuck you are gibbering.

I will ask again: What work, within the context of science, are you claiming that jackets and blankets perform?

Don't be a troll. Just answer the question. If you can't, just say so.

Nope. You are the one making the irreconcilable error. You desperately need the context to be science in order to lend plausibility to the claim that your religion is somehow thettled thienth. This becomes your double-edged sword. In science, "work" is a defined term. Ergo, in the context of this discussion, nobody knows what the fuck you are gibbering.

I will ask again: What work, within the context of science, are you claiming that jackets and blankets perform?

Don't be a troll. Just answer the question. If you can't, just say so.

I see that you have pivoted to asking what work does a jack perform. Clever, but no cigar. It's a blatant dishonesty on your part because you (I hope so) understood the question and refused to answer it because it requires you to let loose of your religion a bit.

The obvious answer to your clever but dishonest question is zero.

Back