Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

Nope. You are the one making the irreconcilable error. You desperately need the context to be science in order to lend plausibility to the claim that your religion is somehow thettled thienth. This becomes your double-edged sword. In science, "work" is a defined term. Ergo, in the context of this discussion, nobody knows what the fuck you are gibbering.

I will ask again: What work, within the context of science, are you claiming that jackets and blankets perform?

Don't be a troll. Just answer the question. If you can't, just say so.

Stop being obtuse. You know what I mean when I say jackets work. It's been discussed over and over and over.

So, explain why jackets work in delaying the the movement of energy toward the cooler atmosphere if your understanding of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is correct.

... if only I had a nickel for every time some Lispy Leftist has said this.......

Still waiting for an answer.....

giphy.gif

@IBDaMann

None of you explained how the theory on how climate change works violates any of the three laws referenced. You just keep saying they DO violate them. The most discussed is your (x3) claim of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics being violated.

So, right here, right now explain the reason that is the case. Explain it like I'm a 10 year old WITHOUT knit-picking words, because we both know exactly what I'm referencing when I say "heat".

I'm saying the earth's atmosphere, which is colder than the Earth's surface (which is warmed by the sun), acts like a blanket in that it slows the energy transfer from the earth. That is why the earth doesn't have the huge temperature swings of other planets with lesser atmospheres. IF that belief violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, then explain how you can walk into a 70 degree room, cover yourself with a 75 degree blanket and feel warmer (or at the very least delay feeling cold) because that should violate the 2nd Law in EXACTLY the same way as the atmosphere "warming" the Earth.

Again, explain that like I'm a 10 year old 'cause, you know, I'm just not very sharp first thing in the morning.

Thanks.

@gfm7175

None of you explained how the theory on how climate change works violates any of the three laws referenced. You just keep saying they DO violate them. The most discussed is your (x3) claim of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics being violated.

So, right here, right now explain the reason that is the case. Explain it like I'm a 10 year old WITHOUT knit-picking words, because we both know exactly what I'm referencing when I say "heat".

I'm saying the earth's atmosphere, which is colder than the Earth's surface (which is warmed by the sun), acts like a blanket in that it slows the energy transfer from the earth. That is why the earth doesn't have the huge temperature swings of other planets with lesser atmospheres. IF that belief violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, then explain how you can walk into a 70 degree room, cover yourself with a 75 degree blanket and feel warmer (or at the veryeast delay feeling cold) because that should violate the 2nd Law in EXACTLY the same way as the atmosphere "warming" the Earth.

Again, explain that like I'm a 10 year old 'cause, you know, I'm just not very sharp first thing in the morning.

Thanks.

@ Into the Night

I'm saying the earth's atmosphere, which is colder than the Earth's surface (which is warmed by the sun), acts like a blanket in that it slows the energy transfer from the earth. That is why the earth doesn't have the huge temperature swings of other planets with lesser atmospheres. IF that belief violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, then explain how you can walk into a 70 degree room, cover yourself with a 75 degree blanket and feel warmer (or at the veryeast delay feeling cold) because that should violate the 2nd Law in EXACTLY the same way as the atmosphere "warming" the Earth.

Thanks.

^^^^Come on, guys. The gauntlet has been thrown down!^^^^^

Bring it on!! Right now, just hammer me into the ground!!! Prove me wrong! Embarrass me!

giphy.gif

Exactly. You don't have anything of substance to actually support your beliefs,
Hahahahahaha... You're right, the laws of thermodynamics and the stefan boltzmann law (aka mathematical equations that are still continuously surviving null hypothesis testing) are "[nothing] of substance" to "actually support [my] beliefs"... hahahahahahahaha...

TOO FUNNY!

you just know you can't trust ANY of the actual scientists.
There's that word again... You've already lost your clothes a looooooong time ago, Emperor...

This is the nature of the far right.
What do you mean by "far right"?? Any rational adult??

They basically seek out, and believe, anything that opposes what they want to believe or what any entity viewed as "big government" says.

Enjoy your life of being wrong.
Your issue, not mine.

Back