Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

There is zero desperation.
You really ARE desperate if you have to claim that! :laugh:
None of you explained how the theory on how climate change works violates any of the three laws referenced.
Climate cannot change. You still don't know what climate is.
It is YOU using this nonsense phrase in place of 'global warming'.

It has already been explained to you numerous times. RQAA.

You cannot create energy out of nothing. Earth cannot heat itself
You cannot trap heat. You cannot slow heat. You still don't know what heat is.
You cannot trap light.
You cannot heat a warmer surface using a colder gas.
The atmosphere is not a blanket.
You just keep saying they DO violate them.
Because you keep trying to:
Create energy out of nothing.
Trap heat.
Trap light.
Heat a warmer surface using a colder gas.

The atmosphere is not a blanket. You are STILL trying to trap heat. You are ignoring radiant heat, convective heat, and conductive heat. You are ignoring the Stefan-Boltzmann law, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics.

1st law of thermodynamics: E(t+1) = E(t) - U
You cannot create energy out of nothing.
2nd law of thermodynamics: e(t+1) >= e(t)
You cannot heat a warmer surface using a colder gas. You cannot trap heat.
Stefan-Boltzmann law: r = C*e*t^4
You cannot trap light or heat.

The most discussed is your (x3) claim of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics being violated.
Because you keep trying to heat a warmer surface using a colder gas or you try to trap heat.
So, right here, right now explain the reason that is the case. Explain it like I'm a 10 year old WITHOUT knit-picking words, because we both know exactly what I'm referencing when I say "heat".
It is YOU playing word games. You cannot project YOUR problems on anybody else.
I'm saying the earth's atmosphere, which is colder than the Earth's surface (which is warmed by the sun), acts like a blanket in that it slows the energy transfer from the earth.
That is why the earth doesn't have the huge temperature swings of other planets with lesser atmospheres.
Not the reason, and temperature swing does nothing to the temperature of any planet.
IF that belief violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, then explain how you can walk into a 70 degree room, cover yourself with a 75 degree blanket and feel warmer (or at the veryeast delay feeling cold) because that should violate the 2nd Law in EXACTLY the same way as the atmosphere "warming" the Earth.
You are wordstuffing again. Attempted proof by assumption.
Again, explain that like I'm a 10 year old 'cause, you know, I'm just not very sharp first thing in the morning.
Thanks.
RQAA. Go back and read the entire thread.

Climate cannot change. You still don't know what climate is.

Define climate.

It is YOU using this nonsense phrase in place of 'global warming'.

Define "global".
Define "warming".

You cannot create energy out of nothing.

Yes you can. Magicians do it all the time.

Earth cannot heat itself

Yes it can.

You cannot trap heat. You cannot slow heat. You still don't know what heat is.

Yes you can.

You cannot trap light.

With mirrors, you can.

You cannot heat a warmer surface using a colder gas.

You can keep yourself warm by farting. RAAA.

It is more like a quilt.

It is YOU playing word games. You cannot project YOUR problems on anybody else.

That is your own problem, not his.

More like a quilt. It keeps the Earth warm and cozy.

You are wordstuffing again. Attempted proof by assumption.

Your own problem, not his.

RQAA. Go back and read the entire thread.

RAAA. Go back and read the entire thread.

There's that 1 Celsius increase.
Nope. There is no temperature increase.

Frequency of storms.
I could understand an increase in storms where temperature is decreasing. The windiest and most tempestuous places on earth are the coldest, and the windiest and most tempestuous planets are the coldest. But claiming increased storms due to a temperature increase requires AProudLefty-level scientific illiteracy. In his defence, however, I suspect that any day now he'll learn what a thermometer is.

Nope. There is no temperature increase.

Okay I won't let you get away with that. Please expound on that one.

The rest is dismissed as physics/thermodynamics bending nonsense. If you want to continue with that shit, go ahead. Just don't expect me to entertain your delusion.

Did you see how they congratulated "each other"? That shit was hilarious.
Did anybody catch how AProudLefty claimed to have a degree in math, and then to have a degree in computer science, and then a degree in physics, i.e. whatever the topic of the moment happens to be ... all while not knowing anything about any of them? That shit was hilarious.

Did anybody catch how AProudLefty claimed to have a degree in math, and then to have a degree in computer science, and then a degree in physics, i.e. whatever the topic of the moment happens to be ... all while not knowing anything about any of them? That shit was hilarious.

Forgetting what I said?

I have always maintained that I have a double major in CS and math with a minor in physics. Nothing else.

I even helped Damocles with computer programming when I was a newbie here on JPP.

Okay, I won't let you get away with that. You made the affirmative claim of a 1 degree Celsius temperature increase that everybody was supposedly to just assume as TRUE without so much as asking a single question. If you are going to make such an affirmative claim, you bear the full burden to support that claim. I, on the other hand, am not making any affirmative claim. I am rejecting your stupid claim until I get some more information/explanation.

So please expound on that.

Of course, no such explanation will be forthcoming because you and I both know that you are an intellectual coward who can't face having yet another one of your errors thrown back in your face. Ergo, you'll just shut up. Watch.

Okay, I won't let you get away with that. You made the affirmative claim of a 1 degree Celsius temperature increase that everybody was supposedly to just assume as TRUE without so much as asking a single question. If you are going to make such an affirmative claim, you bear the full burden to support that claim. I, on the other hand, am not making any affirmative claim. I am rejecting your stupid claim until I get some more information/explanation.

So please expound on that.

Of course, no such explanation will be forthcoming because you and I both know that you are an intellectual coward who can't face having yet another one of your errors thrown back in your face. Ergo, you'll just shut up. Watch.

I did not make the claim. The scientists, including those at NASA, did.

The rest is dismissed as incoherent rant and raving of an insane person.

Forgetting what I said?
I don't believe any of it. You might have gotten said degrees and then forgot all of the material, or you might have just mail-ordered a worthless piece of paper from some non-accredited institution, or you might never have ever studied any of those topics, ever. All three of those possibilities look exactly the same, i.e. you are scientifically illiterate, mathematically incompetent, logically inept and you simply have no ability to apply critical reasoning.

For my part, I'm just going to presume that you never studied anything technical, and I'll leave Lightbringer to think you're the quintessential guru.

The rest is dismissed as physics/thermodynamics bending nonsense. If you want to continue with that shit, go ahead. Just don't expect me to entertain your delusion.

It is YOU discarding physics. The delusions are YOURS. You cannot project YOUR problems on others.

Yeah. I noticed. It's no different from any other lefty moron here. The Sock does that too.

I don't believe any of it. You might have gotten said degrees and then forgot all of the material, or you might have just mail-ordered a worthless piece of paper from some non-accredited institution, or you might never have ever studied any of those topics, ever. All three of those possibilities look exactly the same, i.e. you are scientifically illiterate, mathematically incompetent, logically inept and you simply have no ability to apply critical reasoning.

For my part, I'm just going to presume that you never studied anything technical, and I'll leave Lightbringer to think you're the quintessential guru.

I graduated from Liberty University. That was back in '95. Good times.

Nowadays there's so much to learn in the field of computer science. Been working on developing an Android app (in case you don't know, using Android Studio and Kotlin/Compose). Not an easy thing to learn.

I did not make the claim. The scientists, including those at NASA, did.
You adopted it as your own. You regurgitated it and made it yours. Own it.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice the way you consider NASA scientists to somehow be divine, or otherwise above "normal" scientists. Let's say it together: "including those at NASA". Too funny. The really hilarious part of this is that NASA doesn't have scientists, you moron! Didn't anyone ever tell you that NASA is a GOVERNMENT AGENCY? That's right, NASA is staffed with government bureaucrats. They manage contracts. You were bent over furniture by people you trusted and reamed up the ass until you agreed to believe that NASA = science. You are an idiot. Were you really that desperate to be bent over furniture? Say it for me again ... "including those at NASA." Way too funny. No, I do not think you ever went to school. I think you should bitch-slap whoever at your deaf studies was supposedly responsible for teaching you about the government. He failed you and did you a grave disservice. Scientists at NASA!

That leads into your belief that NASA somehow tracks weather data. G - U - L - L - I - B - L - E

Back