Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

There isn't a single unit of measure....which you already knew. "Climate" is a measure of temperature and precipitation in a specific area.
Climate has no temperature. Climate has no measurement of precipitation.
A more accurate comparison to Scenario A would be a tent, not a blanket, since a tent fully encloses me, just as the atmosphere fully encloses the earth....sort of**.

First, let's talk about scenario B where the blanket is on me. According to what other climate change skeptics have posted, climate change can't happen because the colder atmosphere can't warm the Earth. That's based on the understanding of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics- a colder gas can't warm something that is already warmer than it is.
That is correct.
IF that assumption is accurate,
It is the 2nd law of thermodynamics. It has not yet been falsified. You cannot just discard it.
then a 58 degree blanket in a 58 degree room, even if it's completely covering me, should not be able to warm me, right? According to the understanding of the 2nd Law, the colder blanket should not be able to "warm" my warmer body, right?
It doesn't. Your body warms the blanket, not the other way around. Put that blanket on a 58 deg rock, and it will not warm the rock.
** The earth's atmosphere actually starts at ground level, but there's no need to add that complication into the discussion at this point.
The atmosphere is part of Earth. It is not a blanket or thermal insulator. You are AGAIN ignoring conductive, convective, and radiant heat.

You cannot trap light.
You cannot trap heat.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.

However, they way you butcher science shows that it's all a joke to you.
Of course, no specifics. Way too funny. And you expected people to believe that you somehow minored in physics! :rofl2: Have you learned what a thermometer is yet? :rofl2: No specifics! :rofl2: Hey, "Deaf Studies" is the only credential you need, right? :rofl2:

You'd be well received by the scientific community!
Too funny! AProudLefty actually believes he speaks for the scientific community! :rofl2: He has friends who can teach him what a thermometer is if he ever needs to know! :rofl2:

Have you ever thought about being a stand-up comedian? You'd be well received by the scientific community! :rofl2:

Climate has no temperature. Climate has no measurement of precipitation.

It doesn't. Your body warms the blanket, not the other way around. Put that blanket on a 58 deg rock, and it will not warm the rock.
What is the difference between your body radiating energy (self produced) and the Earth radiating the energy that comes from the Sun?
The atmosphere is part of Earth. It is not a blanket or thermal insulator. You are AGAIN ignoring conductive, convective, and radiant heat.
If the atmosphere isn't an insulator, of sorts, why doesn't the earth have the drastic temperature swings that we see on other planets/moons?

If you put a rock, that has been heated to 100 degrees, into a tent that is 58 degrees, has an inner temperature of 58 degrees and where the outside air is 58 degrees, will you see a change in the temperature of the air inside the tent from the rock? According to the claims of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, there should be no change inside the tent because the tent and air outside of it are all cooler, so there can be no change inside the tent, right?

You say you're "quickly bored", yet here you still are.

If you're being honest with yourself, then you'd admit that you can't get enough of us.

Bored with you, Sybil, not other members. Try harder, son. In fact, take your meds, go back to therapy.

Too funny! Mr. I-minored-in-Physics has never heard of convection. Is anyone surprised? :rofl2:

that-was-a-good-one.gif

There is no measure of climate.
Ergo, there is no such thing as "measurable climate", as you claimed there was. Are you going to retract your usage of that meaningless terminology?

Climate is a term the refers to averages of, at the very least, temperature and precipitation.
Now you're already amending and backpedaling from what you said... First, you said "Climate is a measure of temperature and precipitation in a specific area." ... Now, you're removing the word "measure", replacing it with "term", and adding in the words "averages of, at the very least".

So now climate ISN'T measurable? Why did you initially claim that it was? Obviously you have no clue what climate is...

I said "sort of" because a tent is not the same as atmosphere. Atmosphere starts at the Earth's surface and extends up from there. A tent does not. Earth is the physical planet. The atmosphere is not part of the physical planet any more than a blanket or tent is part of me simply because it's around me.
So if I jump, I've "left Earth"?? hahahahahaha

You can pick whatever terminology you want to use if it allows you to actually answer the question. If you have a 58 degree blanket in a 58 degree room, you, wearing short sleeves and shorts, will experience the coolness of the room differently if you are fully covered in the blanket. IF the claimed understanding, on this forum, of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is accurate, putting a 58 degree blanket over you should have no impact on how you experience the cooler air in the room.

If you disagree, please explain why.
Subjective feeling is not objective measure.
A thermal energy source (living human) is not a lack of thermal energy source (Earth).

How does a blanket wrapped around a rock warm the rock?

There is no measure of climate.
Correct.
Climate is a term the refers to averages of, at the very least, temperature and precipitation.
Climate has no temperature. Climate has no measurement of precipitation. There is no measure of climate.
I said "sort of" because a tent is not the same as atmosphere. Atmosphere starts at the Earth's surface and extends up from there. A tent does not. Earth is the physical planet. The atmosphere is not part of the physical planet any more than a blanket or tent is part of me simply because it's around me.
The atmosphere is physically part of Earth.
You can pick whatever terminology you want to use if it allows you to actually answer the question. If you have a 58 degree blanket in a 58 degree room, you, wearing short sleeves and shorts, will experience the coolness of the room differently if you are fully covered in the blanket. IF the claimed understanding, on this forum, of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is accurate, putting a 58 degree blanket over you should have no impact on how you experience the cooler air in the room.
You deny the 2nd law of thermodynamics. What you feel is not your temperature. You are warming the blanket, not the other way around.
If you disagree, please explain why.
RQAA.

:rofl2: Thanks for the laugh.
Too funny! :rofl2: AProudLefty didn't make mention of any specifics. Did anybody see that coming? :rofl2: I wonder why AProudLefty never makes any sort of points about science, and only hurls insults as though he is trying to conceal the fact that he doesn't know anything about the subject matter, hmmmmmm ...

Correct.

Climate has no temperature. Climate has no measurement of precipitation. There is no measure of climate.
No, actually there is. Climate is the average of things like temperature and precipitation. I mean, climate is a thing..... or are you denying the existence of the concept of climate?
The atmosphere is physically part of Earth.
It's not. The earth is the physical planet. The Earth would exist even if the atmosphere, in its current form, did not.
You deny the 2nd law of thermodynamics. What you feel is not your temperature. You are warming the blanket, not the other way around.

RQAA.

What if the blanket is exactly one inch off my body, all the way around. If that blanket is 58 degrees and the air outside the blanket is 58 degrees, there should be no change in the temperature in the one inch space of air between my body (earth) and the blanket (atmosphere), right, because the blanket (atmosphere) is cooler, the air (space) outside the blanket is cooler, so there should be no change in the air inbetween my body and blanket right? I mean, according to your understanding of the 2nd Law.

Back