Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

Nothing except the temperature of the radiating surface and it's emissivity.

The atmosphere isn't an insulator. Earth DOES experience drastic temperature swings.

Just last January, temperatures as low as -80 deg F were seen. At the same time temperatures as high as 100 deg F were seen. Just last July and August, temperatures as high as 100 deg F were seen fairly commonly. At the same time, temperatures as low as -80 deg F were seen. You will find temperatures as low as -50 deg F in the stratosphere, and temperatures as high as 1700 deg F can be found in the thermosphere (the upper atmosphere).

The moon has swings between a high temp of 250 F and -200 F. Why do you think that is?
Each day, some places experience a good 50 F swing or more from day to night.

On the surface of Venus, temperatures from day to night are virtually the same.
How do you know? Per you, we can't even gauge the temperature on Earth and, also per you, the temperature of Venus is unknown. Oopsie. That's embarrassing.
Atmosphere has mass, moron. Like any mass, it takes time to heat and cool it.
Oh... someone's getting a little testy!
Wrong. You are still denying the 2nd law of thermodynamics. The rock heats the tent AND the outside air.
Right, but the construction of the tent determimes how quickly the energy inside gets outside, right?

Last edited:
"Oh a tangled web we weave"........

[1] ZenMode: "... 'measurable climate' ..."
[2] gfm7175: "What is the unit of measurement for climate?"
[3] ZenMode: Ummm... There are way more than one.... DERRRR!!!!
[4] gfm7175: Great. Tell me just one of them then.
[5] ZenMode: "There is no measure of climate".
[6] Into the Night: "There is no measure of climate".
[7] ZenMode: "No, actually there is".

HOLY 'PARADOX CITY', DUDE!!! .... hahahahahahahahaha

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is TOO much fun watching you dodge dive dip duck and otherwise divert yourself into paradox after paradox after paradox...
Using your logic, a 401k (climate) doesn't exist because you can't measure a 401k (climate). Sure, you can measure the performance of the investments (temperature, precipitation, etc) in your 401k, but since you can't measure 401k, there's no reason to believe it's changing..
Finally we agree.
An average is not a measurement, dude. An average is a calculated value, not a measured value.
Measurement(s): 1 inch of rain today, 2 inches of rain tomorrow, no rain the day after tomorrow.

Average: 1 inch of rain per day (over the three aforementioned days).
Climate is a subjective characterization. "The political climate of Washington DC is spirited but chaotic". The concept exists... it is subjective... it doesn't involve measurements of any sort.

You're now considering Earth's atmosphere to be outside of the physical realm??!?!?!?!
uh, no. Nice try.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh, and according to you, if I jump, I've completely left Earth and have "entered the spiritual realm" hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh wait, the AProudLefty within you will rush in to declare "I never said that......"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ahhhhh, no no no no no no no.... You CANNOT say "between my body (earth)" ..... EGREGIOUS error right there......

Earth is not a thermal energy source. Your body IS a thermal energy source. Your whole claim here is based upon that false equivalence (amongst others).

No egregious error. There are multiple levels to the atmosphere. Not all levels have the same characteristics.

Last edited:
that-was-a-good-one.gif

The moon has swings between a high temp of 250 F and -200 F. Why do you think that is?
RQAA. The Moon doesn't swing in temperature. Like Earth, it's mostly rock. Some points on the moon experience temperatures like you describe, but that is not the temperature of the Moon.
How do you know? Per you, we can't even gauge the temperature on Earth and, also per you, the temperature of Venus is unknown. Oopsie. That's embarrassing.
I am not describing the temperature of Earth or Venus, dope.
Oh... someone's getting a little testy! Right, but the construction of the tent determimes how quickly the energy inside gets outside, right?
The atmosphere is not a tent.

Using your logic, a 401k (climate) doesn't exist because you can't measure a 401k (climate).
What is a '401k climate'??
Sure, you can measure the performance of the investments (temperature, precipitation, etc) in your 401k,
A 401k does not have a temperature or precipitation.
but since you can't measure 401k,
You can.
there's no reason to believe it's changing.. Finally we agree. uh, no. Nice try.
On what?
No egregious error.
Yes there is. You somehow think the atmosphere is not physical.
There are multiple levels to the atmosphere. Not all levels have the same characteristics.
So?

I wrote "Second, your "atmospheric infra-red absorption" chart is as cliché as your conclusions are erroneous."

You instantly declared it to be wrong and you fled.

You didn't identify the CO2 absorption. Which means you didn't understand that it was an ABSORPTION OF ENERGY. Which means you don't understand the core concept of AGW. You don't even know how CO2 absorbs IR. You couldn't even identify it when it was in front of you.

You really need to take some remedial chemistry classes.

RQAA. The Moon doesn't swing in temperature. Like Earth, it's mostly rock. Some points on the moon experience temperatures like you describe, but that is not the temperature of the Moon.
The temperature swing, minimum to maximum, on the PARTS of the moon where they happen, are considerably more broad (more than double) than on the Earth. Why is that?

Perfect. I never said it was. I also never said the atmosphere was a blanket. Stop being obtuse.

that-was-a-good-one.gif

You and I both know that the answer lies in the daytime side of the moon, which has no atmospheric refrigerant like earth does to keep it cool. We are both very aware of earth's global cooling benefits, right?
The earth's surface, with it's massive atmospheric refrigeration, remains cool on its daytime side and never even comes close to matching the broiling temperatures of the moon's daytime side. Earth's natural freezer effect does not allow higher-than-boiling temperatures to prevail which would instantly boil away earth's ocean. Instead, earth's ocean is chilled and maintained somewhere between cool ("c'mon in, the water's great!") to freezing cold (a human dies of hypothermia within minutes).

Yes, the answer is no mystery.

The temperature swing, minimum to maximum, on the PARTS of the moon where they happen, are considerably more broad (more than double) than on the Earth. Why is that?
Perfect. I never said it was. I also never said the atmosphere was a blanket. Stop being obtuse.

The Moon is too small.

Now you are trying to deny your own posts again. Paradox. Irrational.

You didn't identify the CO2 absorption. Which means you didn't understand that it was an ABSORPTION OF ENERGY. Which means you don't understand the core concept of AGW. You don't even know how CO2 absorbs IR. You couldn't even identify it when it was in front of you.
You didn't do well on the inference questions of the SAT. Ask me how I know.

Back