Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

"no one claimed..." "no one claimed..." "no one claimed..."

:seenoevil: :hearnoevil: :speaknoevil:

That is correct. Unless you have proof otherwise?

Since you have not presented any kind of proof or quote, I will have to assume that you are lying or you have difficulty comprehend simple sentences.

You cannot comprehend properly. I never said science is all a joke to me.

Correct. You never said science is all a joke to you. The way you butcher science tells me, as far as it looks like, that you have no interest in discussing science or even studying science.

that-was-a-good-one.gif

What is the difference between your body radiating energy (self produced) and the Earth radiating the energy that comes from the Sun?
Nothing except the temperature of the radiating surface and it's emissivity.
If the atmosphere isn't an insulator, of sorts, why doesn't the earth have the drastic temperature swings that we see on other planets/moons?
The atmosphere isn't an insulator. Earth DOES experience drastic temperature swings.

Just last January, temperatures as low as -80 deg F were seen. At the same time temperatures as high as 100 deg F were seen. Just last July and August, temperatures as high as 100 deg F were seen fairly commonly. At the same time, temperatures as low as -80 deg F were seen. You will find temperatures as low as -50 deg F in the stratosphere, and temperatures as high as 1700 deg F can be found in the thermosphere (the upper atmosphere).

Each day, some places experience a good 50 deg F swing or more from day to night.

On the surface of Venus, temperatures from day to night are virtually the same.

Atmosphere has mass, moron. Like any mass, it takes time to heat and cool it.
If you put a rock, that has been heated to 100 degrees, into a tent that is 58 degrees, has an inner temperature of 58 degrees and where the outside air is 58 degrees, will you see a change in the temperature of the air inside the tent from the rock? According to the claims of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, there should be no change inside the tent because the tent and air outside of it are all cooler, so there can be no change inside the tent, right?
Wrong. You are still denying the 2nd law of thermodynamics. The rock heats the tent AND the outside air.

Just last January, temperatures as low as -80 deg F were seen. At the same time temperatures as high as 100 deg F were seen. Just last July and August, temperatures as high as 100 deg F were seen fairly commonly. At the same time, temperatures as low as -80 deg F were seen. You will find temperatures as low as -50 deg F in the stratosphere, and temperatures as high as 1700 deg F can be found in the thermosphere (the upper atmosphere).

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. There is no drastic change. Climate does not change.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. There is no drastic change. Climate does not change.

No, actually there is. Climate is the average of things like temperature and precipitation.
Climate has no temperature. You cannot average what is not there.
I mean, climate is a thing..... or are you denying the existence of the concept of climate?
No. YOU are. Climate is a subjective description only. It has no values like temperature or precipitation.
It's not. The earth is the physical planet. The Earth would exist even if the atmosphere, in its current form, did not.
Earth has an atmosphere. It is part of Earth.
What if the blanket is exactly one inch off my body, all the way around. If that blanket is 58 degrees and the air outside the blanket is 58 degrees, there should be no change in the temperature in the one inch space of air between my body (earth) and the blanket (atmosphere), right, because the blanket (atmosphere) is cooler, the air (space) outside the blanket is cooler, so there should be no change in the air inbetween my body and blanket right? I mean, according to your understanding of the 2nd Law.
You are wordstuffing again. The air and the blanket is warmed by your body. The atmosphere is not a blanket.

Dig up a quote that does not exist????
He's talking about my quote when I wrote that his atmospheric CO2 absorption chart was cliché. He is declaring that I somehow didn't know that it was an absorption chart, which he used as his basis for declaring that I know nothing of science. Do you see how that works? He pulled the "pop quiz" fallacy which is all too common on JPP, he pretended to be the professor grading papers, gave me an 'F' on my exam and declared me unqualified to participate in the discussion.

... except that I gave him the correct answer, ... but he was already committed to his course of action, so he declared me to be wrong and unfit to discuss science ... and immediately fled the conversation.

No, actually there is.
"Oh a tangled web we weave"........

[1] ZenMode: "... 'measurable climate' ..."
[2] gfm7175: "What is the unit of measurement for climate?"
[3] ZenMode: Ummm... There are way more than one.... DERRRR!!!!
[4] gfm7175: Great. Tell me just one of them then.
[5] ZenMode: "There is no measure of climate".
[6] Into the Night: "There is no measure of climate".
[7] ZenMode: "No, actually there is".

HOLY 'PARADOX CITY', DUDE!!! .... hahahahahahahahaha

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is TOO much fun watching you dodge dive dip duck and otherwise divert yourself into paradox after paradox after paradox...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Climate is the average of things like temperature and precipitation.
An average is not a measurement, dude. An average is a calculated value, not a measured value.

Measurement(s): 1 inch of rain today, 2 inches of rain tomorrow, no rain the day after tomorrow.

Average: 1 inch of rain per day (over the three aforementioned days).

I mean, climate is a thing..... or are you denying the existence of the concept of climate?
Climate is a subjective characterization. "The political climate of Washington DC is spirited but chaotic". The concept exists... it is subjective... it doesn't involve measurements of any sort.

It's not. The earth is the physical planet. The Earth would exist even if the atmosphere, in its current form, did not.
You're now considering Earth's atmosphere to be outside of the physical realm??!?!?!?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh, and according to you, if I jump, I've completely left Earth and have "entered the spiritual realm" hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh wait, the AProudLefty within you will rush in to declare "I never said that......"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What if the blanket is exactly one inch off my body, all the way around. If that blanket is 58 degrees and the air outside the blanket is 58 degrees, there should be no change in the temperature in the one inch space of air between my body (earth) and the blanket (atmosphere), right, because the blanket (atmosphere) is cooler, the air (space) outside the blanket is cooler, so there should be no change in the air inbetween my body and blanket right? I mean, according to your understanding of the 2nd Law.
Ahhhhh, no no no no no no no.... You CANNOT say "between my body (earth)" ..... EGREGIOUS error right there......

Earth is not a thermal energy source. Your body IS a thermal energy source. Your whole claim here is based upon that false equivalence (amongst others).

Correct. You never said science is all a joke to you. The way you butcher science tells me, as far as it looks like, that you have no interest in discussing science or even studying science.
I never said that I have no interest in discussing or studying science.

Back