Working class white men very angery...

This is like Groundhog's Day. So you didn't question white's calling the cops on blacks in Oakland? It's just all made up?

You keep jumping to the same unwarranted conclusion lol. You *assume* it was racial profiling simply because Crowley is white and Gates is black.

And you keep proving my point.

And you keep proving mine by not answering my question "Why did Crowley not just walk away, since he actually concluded before the arrest that Gates was in his own home?"

And you keep proving mine by not answering my question "Why did Crowley not just walk away, since he actually concluded before the arrest that Gates was in his own home?"

I don't know lol. He was stressed out and Gates was pushing his buttons? Notice I don't try to pass my guess off as a conclusion. I take it you disagree with the independent report that concluded both of them had a hand in the escalation.

As is practically always the case in these instances, if Gates just would have obeyed the cop we wouldn't be discussing it because nothing would have happened.

But if we're going to endulge in baseless accusations, what prevents me from accusing Gates of racist-profiling. Maybe he profiled Crowley as a white racist [since, ya know, all white cops are racists and have it in for blacks] and had a chip on his shoulder. It certainly explains why Gates didn't just obey the cop in the first place.

But I don't do that because it's sheer speculation and it's not fair. Why don't you afford Crowley the same respect?

I don't know lol. He was stressed out and Gates was pushing his buttons? Notice I don't try to pass my guess off as a conclusion. I take it you disagree with the independent report that concluded both of them had a hand in the escalation.

As is practically always the case in these instances, if Gates just would have obeyed the cop we wouldn't be discussing it because nothing would have happened.

But if we're going to endulge in baseless accusations, what prevents me from accusing Gates of racist-profiling. Maybe he profiled Crowley as a white racist [since, ya know, all white cops are racists and have it in for blacks] and had a chip on his shoulder. It certainly explains why Gates didn't just obey the cop in the first place.

But I don't do that because it's sheer speculation and it's not fair. Why don't you afford Crowley the same respect?

Once Gate "obeyed" the cop and showed his proof of residence, his obligation ended. It doesn't matter if he asked for the cop's badge # or that they exchanged words. The cop can't arrest someone for being sassy.

I have a friend who was stopped by a cop while walking through a park with friends one night, and the park was closed. The cop told the group they had to leave. As they were leaving my friend flipped off the cop. He charged her with something for doing that, I don't remember the formal charge. When they appeared in court the judge ruled in her favor and dismissed the case. There's no law against flipping off a cop.

Same with Gates. He was under no obligation to step outside and he was within his rights to ask the cop to leave. I don't "afford Crowley the same respect" because it was his unwarranted demands that led to the escalation.

Once Gate "obeyed" the cop and showed his proof of residence, his obligation ended. It doesn't matter if he asked for the cop's badge # or that they exchanged words. The cop can't arrest someone for being sassy.

I have a friend who was stopped by a cop while walking through a park with friends one night, and the park was closed. The cop told the group they had to leave. As they were leaving my friend flipped off the cop. He charged her with something for doing that, I don't remember the formal charge. When they appeared in court the judge ruled in her favor and dismissed the case. There's no law against flipping off a cop.

Same with Gates. He was under no obligation to step outside and he was within his rights to ask the cop to leave. I don't "afford Crowley the same respect" because it was his unwarranted demands that led to the escalation.

Can you prove Gates didn't racist-profile Crowley?

Tanner's so-called research has already been discredited on another issue regarding entitlements so I can't take him seriously.

"The Cato Institute recently released a wildly misleading report by Michael Tanner and Charles Hughes, which essentially claims that what low-wage workers and their families can expect to receive from “welfare” dwarfs the wages they can expect from working. Using state-level figures, their paper implies that single mothers with two children are living pretty well relying just on government assistance, with Cato’s “total welfare benefit package” ranging from $16,984 in Mississippi to $49,175 in Hawaii. They then calculate the pretax wage equivalents in annual and hourly terms and compare them to the median salaries in each state and to the official federal poverty level. Tanner and Hughes find that welfare benefits exceed what a minimum wage job would provide in 35 states, and suggest that welfare pays more than the salary for a first year teacher or the starting wage for a secretary in many states.

So what makes this so misleading?

For one, Tanner and Hughes make the assumption that these families receive simultaneous assistance from all of the following programs: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Housing Assistance Payments, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC), and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). It is this simultaneous assistance from multiple sources that lets the entire “welfare benefits package” identified by Cato add up to serious money. But it’s absurd to assume that someone would receive every one of these benefits, simultaneously.

What’s more, their report carries the clear implication that welfare is (or should be expected to be) pulling low-wage workers out of the labor market by making life on welfare so attractive. In actuality, many low-income working families receive assistance through these programs.

Sharon Parrott and LaDonna Pavetti at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities provide some solid evidence against some of the claims made by Tanner and Hughes. They provide detailed statistics on how little overlap there is in the assistance families receive for multiple programs, and how few eligible families actually receive any benefits at all."

http://www.epi.org/blog/cato-study-distorts-truth-welfare-work/

It's not the only source that says the same thing. Are you going to discount the source until it says what YOU want to hear?

http://economyincrisis.org/content/...isturbing-picture-of-the-state-of-our-economy

The cop is hardly going to come out and say he's racist, don't be silly.

When did any cop ever do that? They use weasel words to cover it.

It's you automatic assumption before anything is reviewed solely because the cop is white and the other person is black. That's why we discredit what you say because you've done it before.

I've already stated that my problem with the cop is that he didn't back off after being shown proof of residence. Why did Crowley not just walk away, since he actually concluded before the arrest that Gates was in his own home? There was no crime. That Crowley didn't like Gates' attitude is irrelevant. It was racial profiling.

This is just another attempt by another Liberal to discredit a white person because he dared say "boo" to a black.

You keep jumping to the same unwarranted conclusion lol. You *assume* it was racial profiling simply because Crowley is white and Gates is black.

And you keep proving my point.

When you asked her about a situation with the person being white she said to prove what she was saying, she'd have to see Crowley's arrest record. That, alone, shows she guessing and ASSuming based on nothing other than race. She has no proof.

yes we are all real sure you treat the black people you encounter with respect.

look asshole humans can read your type of fucking evil right off your idiot faces.

what you think your the best ACTOR ever born?

racists are stupid mutherfuckers

you people are blatent

you are just so fucking stupid that you think you fool people

yourdayisfuckingover

done

gone

no more free "race cards" for your stupid evil asses

you are the most hated people on the planet

Actually, I treat all humans with respect until they give me a reason not to and that's regardless of color. You, since you're not human, won't get any.

Back