1% Of Those That Got Through Exchanges Are Enrolled

Stop being evil.

muahaha.gif
FIREdevil.gif

More innuendo entirely unsupported by evidence? That seems to be a habit of yours, doesn't it?
Before you choose to make an ass of yourself, you ought to read the OP.

"We're getting incomplete data—about half of the applications we haven't been able to process," said the source, who used the term "corrupted" to describe the batch of applications received

LOL
Amazing when you mandate something. Exceed expectations? WTF does that mean in a context when you FORCED everyone to participate?

Boy, those slaves really show an interest in picking our cotton.
Mandate doesn't kick in until next March. What you're seeing, is people who are either interested in shopping for insurance, or people who are attempting to overload the system.

Excuse me, but this administration has had almost FOUR YEARS to properly set up these exchanges and everything else Romney/Obamacare and they have quite obviously failed that task .. with many more failures on the way.

This is a ridiculously cumbersome program that even this administration can't figure out.

I'm an IT professional and there is no way this website should be failing after all this time in the making.
Admittedly, the fact that teabag governors refused to set up exchanges, taxed the Feds more than they expected.

My state isn't one of them. Those states that did obstruct, will suffer now with poorly represented exchanges. And they deserve what they get for being teabag supporters.

In suburban Cleveland, Sharon Schorr finally gave up on the federal exchange website after eight hours of failed clicks.

"It almost reminded me of going online and trying to buy Springsteen tickets," said Schorr, a self-employed accountant who works for her husband's recruiting firm in Orange, Ohio.

"It was worse today than it was yesterday," Denise Rathman of Des Moines said after she tried for a second day to log onto the Iowa site.

Rathman has insurance through Dec. 31 but said she is eager to sign up for a policy because of her psoriatic arthritis, which has caused her to be denied insurance in the past.

David Berge, a pastor with two young children in Shoreview, Minn., tried unsuccessfully at least 10 times to create an online account on the state-run site MNsure. His high-deductible plan expires at the end of the year.

"I'm anxious to see what the insurance is going to look like for my family at the beginning of the year," Berge said. "That's a big unknown right now. I want to figure that out as soon as possible so we can begin planning."

In California, home to 15 percent of the nation's uninsured, officials pulled the enrollment portion of the Covered California site down overnight for emergency upgrades.

Agency spokeswoman Joanne Peters said many Americans successfully enrolled on the first day, but she declined to put a number on it. She said the delays were due to "overwhelming interest" and high volume.

It's not as if nobody warned them.

Just three months ago, the congressional Government Accountability Office said a smooth and timely rollout could not be guaranteed because the online system was still getting finishing touches and had not been fully tested.

The Obama administration shrugged off the evaluation.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bumpy-first-day-new-insurance-marketplaces

Back to the initial op -

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING EVERYONE PANIC

Well, it isn't falling, no one needs to panic.

Incomplete applications - well, that happens; people don't always fill everything out, they'll need to be contacted.

The rest of the article is a bunch of what ifs and could bes and maybes and possiblys. Just stirring up fear.

I find VN's comment interesting - could people be deliberately going to the exchanges and entering incomplete data just to bog down the system? I can't imagine anyone being that juvenile, but it's an interesting idea.
Many couldn't believe that the Koch bros. would fund busloads of people obstructing the original town hall meetings when healthcare was first being discussed.

But, they did. You don't really think they'll allow a smooth transition? There's a mid term election looming.

That's why there have been changes made. Not sure if every state is the same, but insurance agents are now being licensed to sign people up for health insurance, with a commission paid by the insurance company.

In suburban Cleveland, Sharon Schorr finally gave up on the federal exchange website after eight hours of failed clicks.

"It almost reminded me of going online and trying to buy Springsteen tickets," said Schorr, a self-employed accountant who works for her husband's recruiting firm in Orange, Ohio.
OOOPS! You gave an example of the private sector experiencing the same problem, with 1/10th the traffic.

"It was worse today than it was yesterday," Denise Rathman of Des Moines said after she tried for a second day to log onto the Iowa site.

Rathman has insurance through Dec. 31 but said she is eager to sign up for a policy because of her psoriatic arthritis, which has caused her to be denied insurance in the past.

David Berge, a pastor with two young children in Shoreview, Minn., tried unsuccessfully at least 10 times to create an online account on the state-run site MNsure. His high-deductible plan expires at the end of the year.

"I'm anxious to see what the insurance is going to look like for my family at the beginning of the year," Berge said. "That's a big unknown right now. I want to figure that out as soon as possible so we can begin planning."

In California, home to 15 percent of the nation's uninsured, officials pulled the enrollment portion of the Covered California site down overnight for emergency upgrades.

Agency spokeswoman Joanne Peters said many Americans successfully enrolled on the first day, but she declined to put a number on it. She said the delays were due to "overwhelming interest" and high volume.

It's not as if nobody warned them.

Just three months ago, the congressional Government Accountability Office said a smooth and timely rollout could not be guaranteed because the online system was still getting finishing touches and had not been fully tested.

The Obama administration shrugged off the evaluation.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bumpy-first-day-new-insurance-marketplaces
every one of these people can purchase insurance through an insurance broker.

Many couldn't believe that the Koch bros. would fund busloads of people obstructing the original town hall meetings when healthcare was first being discussed. But, they did. You don't really think they'll allow a smooth transition? There's a mid term election looming. That's why there have been changes made. Not sure if every state is the same, but insurance agents are now being licensed to sign people up for health insurance, with a commission paid by the insurance company.

LOL, your boogeymen are so scary.

Looks like you need an information update.

HealthCare.gov has logged 8.6 million unique visitors since Tuesday, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Two-thirds of those people used the exchange website to shop for health insurance and begin applications, while the rest viewed educational information, the department reported.

HealthCare.gov and some state-run health insurance exchanges, including New York State of Health and Maryland Health Connection, have faced significant difficulties making their websites' features functional.

New York and Maryland, of course, are notorious hives of rabid Teabaggers....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/obamacare-website_n_4044411.html

OOOPS! You gave an example of the private sector experiencing the same problem, with 1/10th the traffic.
every one of these people can purchase insurance through an insurance broker.

Desperate, aren't you?

How are brokers going to enroll covereds without a working Obamacare website?

LOL, your boogeymen are so scary.

Looks like you need an information update.

HealthCare.gov has logged 8.6 million unique visitors since Tuesday, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Two-thirds of those people used the exchange website to shop for health insurance and begin applications, while the rest viewed educational information, the department reported.

HealthCare.gov and some state-run health insurance exchanges, including New York State of Health and Maryland Health Connection, have faced significant difficulties making their websites' features functional.

New York and Maryland, of course, are notorious hives of rabid Teabaggers....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/obamacare-website_n_4044411.html
Well, liar...I had no problem finding my new rates on one of those sites.

Desperate, aren't you?

How are brokers going to enroll covereds without a working Obamacare website?
Simple, fool. They don't have to go on a natl. website in order to access the particular state's exchange...do they?

Back