1% Of Those That Got Through Exchanges Are Enrolled

Don't farmers get government subsidies, Petulant?

Why, yes, yes they do. Why haven't they gone belly up as pure capitalism dictates? Our American society demands that they not be allowed to simply go away and leave the country vulnerable in so many different ways. This exact concept works very well in thousands of cases and industries nationwide. Although fraud is always a crippling agent in this public assistance, this nation places it's priorities from a collective and common good standpoint. That is the American way and I am very proud of that part of our national interests and responsibilities.

Petula

Do you claim that Obamacare will lower the cost of health care in America?
I never claimed any kind of a "gotcha". I merely addressed a question and contributed to an ongoing conversation. Do you feel like you've achieved any kind of "gotcha"?

Obamacare IS lowering the costs for healthcare for millions of Americans RIGHT NOW. The state of New York claims it saved over $8.6 billion last year alone in healthcare costs due to Obamacare implementations and providing more and cheaper options for it's citizens. Other states cooperating with the law and fully implementing Obamacare into their healthcare infrastructure are reporting much the same results. Even at this moment and as the insurance providers compete for Obamacare enrollees the premiums are coming in much lower than forecast even two weeks ago. Sucking on your thumb and mumbling to yourself isn't going to change any of that. Put you thumb back in your butt from whence it came.

Petula

I never claimed any kind of a "gotcha". I merely addressed a question and contributed to an ongoing conversation. Do you feel like you've achieved any kind of "gotcha"? Obamacare IS lowering the costs for healthcare for millions of Americans RIGHT NOW. The state of New York claims it saved over $8.6 billion last year alone in healthcare costs due to Obamacare implementations and providing more and cheaper options for it's citizens. Other states cooperating with the law and fully implementing Obamacare into their healthcare infrastructure are reporting much the same results. Even at this moment and as the insurance providers compete for Obamacare enrollees the premiums are coming in much lower than forecast even two weeks ago. Sucking on your thumb and mumbling to yourself isn't going to change any of that. Put you thumb back in your butt from whence it came. Petula

Poor Petulant.

After a decade of rapid increases, employer-provided health care costs are still rising faster than our paychecks can keep up.

According to a new report from the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average annual premium for families and individuals increased to $16,351 and $5,884, respectively, in 2013. Both costs have risen more than twice as fast as wage growth (1.8%) and four times as fast as inflation (1.1%).

http://www.businessinsider.com/health-care-costs-are-still-rising-faster-than-workers-can-keep-up-2013-8

The only thing that seems to have come out of anyone's butt is your "facts", wouldn't you say?

After a decade of rapid increases, employer-provided health care costs are still rising faster than our paychecks can keep up.

This indicates the overwhelming proof that Obamacare is desperately needed and exactly the type of thing that the American population relies on it's government to address. Healthcare expenses will continue to rise but right now they are rising less quickly than at any time in the last 50 years. I don't see how you can blame the last 50 years on anything this President or his administration has done. You may need to look a little closer to home. Some of the idiots responsible for inaction on healthcare issues are still in congress and call themselves representatives to this day. Sucking on that thumb again?

Petula

This indicates the overwhelming proof that Obamacare is desperately needed and exactly the type of thing that the American population relies on it's government to address. Healthcare expenses will continue to rise but right now they are rising less quickly than at any time in the last 50 years. I don't see how you can blame the last 50 years on anything this President or his administration has done. You may need to look a little closer to home. Some of the idiots responsible for inaction on healthcare issues are still in congress and call themselves representatives to this day. Sucking on that thumb again? Petula

dubstep.gif
Backpedal much, Petulant?

Your claim just crumbled under your feet, and you blithely pretend that the facts that demolished it somehow bolster your position.

I like you. You're fun.

Admittedly, the fact that teabag governors refused to set up exchanges, taxed the Feds more than they expected.

My state isn't one of them. Those states that did obstruct, will suffer now with poorly represented exchanges. And they deserve what they get for being teabag supporters.

If I were the project manager on this system, republican governors not cooperating would have been factored in.

A heavy load times 10 would have been factored in and stressed tested multiple times. They've had 4 years to set this up, YET, they were still fixing errors right up to the day of launch.

I'm not suggesting that these errors can't be fixed, but if it is as I suspect that the problem is in the architecture not just the traffic, then they'll have to reconfigure parts of the system an that will not be easily done.

I'm just amazed by how poorly this was done.

If I were the project manager on this system, republican governors not cooperating would have been factored in.

A heavy load times 10 would have been factored in and stressed tested multiple times. They've had 4 years to set this up, YET, they were still fixing errors right up to the day of launch.

I'm not suggesting that these errors can't be fixed, but if it is as I suspect that the problem is in the architecture not just the traffic, then they'll have to reconfigure parts of the system an that will not be easily done.

You are correct and here's the thing, nearly every person with knowledge of what it takes to set up a system like this concurs the problems aren't demand, but the software codes with bugs are evidence of lack of testing. As you said, they've more than 3 years to set it up, but if memory serves, the feds kept putting things off, assuming the states would not let the fed do this on their own. I live in deep blue state, and they went with fed.

It's not demand:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-us-through-healthcare-govs-two-big-problems/

A techie walks us through healthcare.gov’s two big problems
By Sarah Kliff, Updated: October 5, 2013
KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images

Jyoti Bansal is the founder of AppDynamics, an application management company that, among other things “makes sure essential software applications of customers such as Netflix stay up and running.” I gave him a call to talk about some of the technological challenges that have plagued HealthCare.Gov during its first week online, what’s causing those problems, and what he would change if put in charge of the project.

What follows is a transcript of our conversation, lightly edited for clarity.

Sarah Kliff: HealthCare.Gov has obviously had some trouble getting people signed up this week. As an outsider, what do you think is causing the problems?

Jyoti Bansal: Based on my experience, the challenges look like glitches in software code. And the software code didn’t go through enough testing. It would take some time to find the bugs.

Then there are bugs in scalability, what happens when 100 people or more are trying to do the exact same thing. Those are the things that really need tuning at this point.

Most of the problems like these are in the software. Hardware is the easy part. You can add more hardware and do it easily. Software takes more time. In the rush of getting this out, it seems like testing wasn’t done completely. My expectations from this is that these problems should go away in the next few weeks. The site still won’t be as fast as something like Netflix, but it should work.

SK: Why wouldn’t it be as fast as a site like Netflix?

JB: Netflix have spent the last 10 years perfecting and redesigning and rearchitecting very good user experience. This is very new. It will take time to get to that level. It could be there in six months, but I wouldn’t expect it to get there in the first step.

SK: Can you talk a little bit more about the glitches you think are going on, both ones in the code and ones that have to do with scalability? What about the front end of the Web site tips you off to that?

JB: So the bugs in the code, as an outsider, you see when the site is functional, you click on something and an error message pops up. Those are bugs in code. It’s not a performance or scalability issue. That part hasn’t been tested, so when you click, and maybe you’re trying to figure out if you’re eligible for Medicaid or what the subsidies are, and you get an error message, that’s a bug in the code.

Scalability is when you login, and there are too many users. What they’ve done which is smart thing to do, for now, at least, is meter access. In the front they’ll only allow a certain number of users. Kind of like you form a line.

SK: I know the White House says they’re working hard to add additional servers and increase the site’s capacity. How hard is that to do?

JB: On day one, if you’re having high volume, you could add more servers. Hardware is the easy part. Let’s say you add servers, and hardware isn’t a problem but you still can’t keep up on scalability, then that’s indicative of something wrong in the software. It’s like you have four lanes in the highway converging into three lanes of a bottleneck. If your software isn’t designed to reach all the lanes, that will happen.

SK: The Obama administration has said that all these problems are happening because of overwhelming traffic. How good of an explanation is that?

JB: That seems like not a very good excuse to me. In sites like these there’s a very standard approach to capacity planning. You start with some basic math. Like, in this case, you look at all the federal states and how many uninsured people they have. Out of those you think, maybe 10 percent would log in in the first day. But you model for the worst case, and that’s how you come up with your peak of how many people could try to do the same thing at the same time.

Before you launch you run a lot of load testing with twice the load of the peak , so you can go through and remove glitches. I’m a very very big supporter of the health-care act, but I don’t buy the argument that the load was too unexpected.

SK: What would you be doing right now if you were running healthcare.gov?

JB: First I would put some really good instrumentation in place. The problem is if you’re fighting a fire, and it's dark, you don’t know what’s going on. In other words, you can’t manage what you can’t measure. So first I would put something in place so you can measure what’s happening.

The second thing I’d do is I’d start building a very good load testing environment, so everything could be simulated in a load test, and move faster. Really everything is about speed right now, how quickly can you find problems and fix them. Ninety percent of the effort is really finding what to fix. Making the coding changes is only about 10 percent.

Another, 'it's not just traffic...'

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2013/October/04/federal-exchange-software-problems.aspx

Last edited:

You may impress others with your bullshit, blackee, but you know you are totally incorrect in your analogies of the systems failures and of any fix that you might configure for them. You actually know NOTHING about the systems they have or what capacity they are designed for. Even tiny little websites that pop up every day and built by pure professionals fail to meet expectations, become corrupted, inexplicably crash periodically and on and on. Some take some time to straighten out. Others take time, equipment and even entirely new programming. You may be a data entry clerk somewhere but you are obviously no damned IT professional.

You don't support President Barack Hussein Obama, Obamacare or anything coming from the very serious negotiations of our Democratic and left leaning independent representatives. And you have no solutions either. Just what fucking good are you?

Petula

Back