12B

Examples please or are you just delusional again?

I'll fully understand if you can't do it. :thup:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...at-you-do-actually-quot&p=5077502#post5077502

562.png

I'm sure there have been multiple threads on this topic (that I haven't paid attention to) so my apologies if I'm just rehashing an old discussion here. What is the psychology behind so many people getting banned for violating this rule on a board that has so few rules? Is it simply human nature that even on an anonymous message board people want to push the limits of any boundaries and 12B is that vehicle for JPP?

People who can't debate get desperate to find the worst insult possible.

I'm sure there have been multiple threads on this topic (that I haven't paid attention to) so my apologies if I'm just rehashing an old discussion here. What is the psychology behind so many people getting banned for violating this rule on a board that has so few rules? Is it simply human nature that even on an anonymous message board people want to push the limits of any boundaries and 12B is that vehicle for JPP?

It's pretty simple. People get frustrated because the rule makes no sense. For example, I can, say, start a poll and ask why all Trump supporters are pedophiles. And I can make up all kinds of shit to prove that all Trump supporters are pedophiles. But I can't name anyone that posts here, even though the majority are Trump supporters. On the other hand, I cannot speculate as to WHY there are so many threads about pedophilia created by certain members. That will get you a 12b. Calling everyone in a given group a pedophile is just fine though.

It's pretty simple. People get frustrated because the rule makes no sense. For example, I can, say, start a poll and ask why all Trump supporters are pedophiles. And I can make up all kinds of shit to prove that all Trump supporters are pedophiles. But I can't name anyone that posts here, even though the majority are Trump supporters. On the other hand, I cannot speculate as to WHY there are so many threads about pedophilia created by certain members. That will get you a 12b. Calling everyone in a given group a pedophile is just fine though.

I see it as more of a "You have to draw the line somewhere" problem. Where do you think the line should be drawn? More authoritarian as some have proposed or more anarchy as others have suggested?

I see it as more of a "You have to draw the line somewhere" problem. Where do you think the line should be drawn? More authoritarian as some have proposed or more anarchy as others have suggested?

I'd restate the rule. 'Don't accuse a poster of pedophilia. Everything else is fair game'.

Partly; suggesting that a poster has been a victim of pedophile abuse while a child is also off-limits.

You mean like a certain poster suggesting that as a child, I was on my knees in front of a priest? Funny that poster never went to banned camp. Two sets of rules for sure.

Back