A simple question...

Can you share something with someone else that neither of you are in possession of?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lets try this:

you and I both work for JPP Carpentry Inc.

we are supplied with all the tools necessary to do carpentry. The firm owns all this equipment but never uses it though the Prez could wander over and physically grasp any of it at will but he does share this equipment with you and I for us to use as needed to perform our duties.
Okay.

In this example, JPP Carpentry Inc. owns various carpentry tools. The firm is sharing their tools with their employees so that their employees can perform the work that the firm is asking them to perform. What Poor Richard Saunders is trying to claim is that, if an employee loses a particular tool of the firm's, then the firm and the employee are somehow still sharing that tool. I'm saying that the firm and the employee are no longer sharing that tool because that tool is no longer in the possession of either the firm or the employee.

That's the whole point of this thread. Do you get what I'm saying now?

Since Poor Richard Saunders is such a fucking moron, I thought I'd pose this question to the forum:

Can you share something with someone else that neither of you are in possession of?

He says that you can. What say YOU?

is this a trick question

Since Poor Richard Saunders is such a fucking moron, I thought I'd pose this question to the forum:

He says that you can. What say YOU?

How goes Rehnquist Fourth Reich July 9/11 patriot act national religion of Islamidiotocracy Christiananality pedophilia USA Christian Nation fighting machine ?

not really. you keep changing the rules.
I really don't know how to make it any simpler and straight forward for you, but I'll try one last time here:

Bobby owns a boat and he uses it on the weekends.
Bobby shares that boat with Jimmy and Jimmy uses it during Bobby's work week.
Jimmy loses the boat (don't ask me how) so now neither of them possess it.

Poor Richard Saunders is taking the position that Bobby and Jimmy are still sharing the boat. I am taking the position that Bobby and Jimmy are no longer sharing the boat. My question to Poor Richard Saunders (and now the forum) is "how can you share a boat that neither of you possess"?

I really don't know how to make it any simpler and straight forward for you, but I'll try one last time here:

Bobby owns a boat and he uses it on the weekends.
Bobby shares that boat with Jimmy and Jimmy uses it during Bobby's work week.
Jimmy loses the boat (don't ask me how) so now neither of them possess it.

Poor Richard Saunders is taking the position that Bobby and Jimmy are still sharing the boat. I am taking the position that Bobby and Jimmy are no longer sharing the boat. My question to Poor Richard Saunders (and now the forum) is "how can you share a boat that neither of you possess"?

That is not what he said. He said both guys cannot find it.

That is not what he said. He said both guys cannot find it.
... thus, neither guys are in possession of it atm. Thus, neither guys have a boat TO share atm (until one of them finds it again).

That's the whole point.

Poor Richard Saunders says that their sharing is still occurring.
I say that their sharing has ceased unless/until one of them finds the boat again.

You can't share what you don't have. If somebody steals a $20 bill from you, then you can't share that $20 bill with someone else (because you no longer have it TO share).

I'm surprised that so few people are understanding such a basic concept...

... thus, neither guys are in possession of it atm. Thus, neither guys have a boat TO share atm (until one of them finds it again).

That's the whole point.

Poor Richard Saunders says that their sharing is still occurring.
I say that their sharing has ceased unless/until one of them finds the boat again.

You can't share what you don't have. If somebody steals a $20 bill from you, then you can't share that $20 bill with someone else (because you no longer have it TO share).

I'm surprised that so few people are understanding such a basic concept...

Cannot find something does not mean they are not in possession of it.

For example: Someone asks me if he can borrow my glasses. Ok so I went to look for it then told him I cannot find it. He said it's right there on my head.

Cannot find something does not mean they are not in possession of it.
Yes, it does. If you lost something, then you are no longer in possession of it from that moment onward unless/until you can find it again, thus reclaiming possession of it. Why? Because you have no idea what happened to the item and might never find that item ever again. It might've been misplaced for the time being, it might've dropped out of a hole in a pocket and will never be recovered again, it might've been stolen, it might've been hidden for a week as a prank, etc etc

For example: Someone asks me if he can borrow my glasses. Ok so I went to look for it then told him I cannot find it.
Thus, you have no glasses for him to borrow atm. You cannot share your glasses with him atm unless/until you find them again at a future time.

He said it's right there on my head.
Yippee! He found your glasses for you! You can now share your glasses with him. YAY!

Yes, it does. If you lost something, then you are no longer in possession of it from that moment onward unless/until you can find it again, thus reclaiming possession of it. Why? Because you have no idea what happened to the item and might never find that item ever again. It might've been misplaced for the time being, it might've dropped out of a hole in a pocket and will never be recovered again, it might've been stolen, it might've been hidden for a week as a prank, etc etc

Anything on your property are in your possession, wither or not you forgot where you put it or it was misplaced.

Thus, you have no glasses for him to borrow atm. You cannot share your glasses with him atm unless/until you find them again at a future time.

You forgot the part when I had the glasses on my head the whole time. Therefore I was in possession of it.

Yippee! He found your glasses for you! You can now share your glasses with him. YAY!

That is the point. You are welcome for the free education and logic lesson.

Anything on your property
You don't know what happened to it, so you don't know whether or not it is on your property.

are in your possession, wither or not you forgot where you put it or it was misplaced.
Nope. Once you have lost something, you are no longer in possession of it, as you have no idea where it is. It could be gone forever for all you know.

You forgot the part when I had the glasses on my head the whole time.
No, I didn't.

Therefore I was in possession of it.
You weren't aware of it, so while they were on you the whole time, you didn't possess them until your friend found them for you. You were unable to share those glasses with your friend until your friend found them again.

That is the point. You are welcome for the free education and logic lesson.
No, you are completely wrong about this and are just as much of a retarded dumb fuck as Poor Richard Saunders is.

How do you suppose you were sharing those glasses with your friend while you couldn't find them? You had no glasses TO share with your friend until your friend finally found them on your head. THEN and ONLY THEN could you subsequently share those glasses with your friend. Until then, YOU. HAD. NO. GLASSES. IN. YOUR. POSSESSION. TO. SHARE.

It really shouldn't surprise me at this point just how many people in this world are full blown retards, incapable of performing basic logic/reasoning, yet here we are...........

You don't know what happened to it, so you don't know whether or not it is on your property.

It is still in your possession regardless of where it is located on your property.

Nope. Once you have lost something, you are no longer in possession of it, as you have no idea where it is. It could be gone forever for all you know.

Not when you look for it.

No, I didn't.

Yes you did or else you wouldn't make that absurd statement.

You weren't aware of it, so while they were on you the whole time, you didn't possess them until your friend found them for you. You were unable to share those glasses with your friend until your friend found them again.

Since it was on my head, I was in possession of it. Not sure why it's a difficult concept for you.

How do you suppose you were sharing those glasses with your friend while you couldn't find them? You had no glasses TO share with your friend until your friend finally found them on your head. THEN and ONLY THEN could you subsequently share those glasses with your friend. Until then, YOU. HAD. NO. GLASSES. IN. YOUR. POSSESSION. TO. SHARE.

You asked about possession. I was in possession of glasses. Therefore, your question is absurd.

It really shouldn't surprise me at this point just how many people in this world are full blown retards, incapable of performing basic logic/reasoning, yet here we are...........

Ad hominem fallacy.

Here's a simplier example that I think even you can understand.

I went to visit a friend. He then asked me if he could borrow my boat. I told him sure. I'll go get it back at home.

At this point, do I know I still have the possession of the boat?

Back