A simple question...

Can you share something with someone else that neither of you are in possession of?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which human created the Earth?

:rolleyes: Just admit you screwed up and stop moving the goalposts.

Your question was "Can you share something with someone else that neither of you are in possession of?"

You should have been specific if you were talking about tangibles. Everybody who answered your questions with examples of intangibles was absolutely correct.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

It is still in your possession regardless of where it is located on your property.

You don't know any of this to be true until you actually find it. Why are you such a moron?

Not when you look for it.
... and when you look for it and do not find it??

Yes you did or else you wouldn't make that absurd statement.
The only absurd statements being made within our exchange are coming from YOU.

Since it was on my head, I was in possession of it. Not sure why it's a difficult concept for you.
Since you had no idea that it was on your head, you were NOT in possession of it (until your friend found it for you). Not sure why it's a difficult concept for you.

You asked about possession. I was in possession of glasses. Therefore, your question is absurd.
Nope. You had no idea where your glasses were. You did not possess them.

Ad hominem fallacy.

Here's a simplier example that I think even you can understand.

I went to visit a friend. He then asked me if he could borrow my boat. I told him sure. I'll go get it back at home.

At this point, do I know I still have the possession of the boat?
No, and you are not sharing it with him yet.

You don't know any of this to be true until you actually find it. Why are you such a moron?

Since you had no idea that it was on your head, you were NOT in possession of it (until your friend found it for you). Not sure why it's a difficult concept for you.

So I have possession of the boat at my home?

Last edited:
I really don't know how to make it any simpler and straight forward for you, but I'll try one last time here:

Bobby owns a boat and he uses it on the weekends.
Bobby shares that boat with Jimmy and Jimmy uses it during Bobby's work week.
Jimmy loses the boat (don't ask me how) so now neither of them possess it.

Poor Richard Saunders is taking the position that Bobby and Jimmy are still sharing the boat. I am taking the position that Bobby and Jimmy are no longer sharing the boat. My question to Poor Richard Saunders (and now the forum) is "how can you share a boat that neither of you possess"?

ok lets try this

I have to add one additional factor which may invalidate the response but you will see why its needed.

Additional detail: both Bobby and Jimmy bought the boat and so are the registered owners.

Boat disappears.

As far as the state is concerned they both still own and share it until and unless they report it gone and therefore surrender ownership.

Insult fallacy. Anything on your property is in your possession.

Then you have located it. Simple concept you have difficulty understanding.

No. You're the one who asked an absurd question.

It was on my head, on my body, therefore I am in possession of it. You need to retake remedial English class.

Since it was on my body, yes I do.

What does that have to do with my boat being on my property?

:rolleyes: Just admit you screwed up and stop moving the goalposts.
Nothing is being moved. The question was asked with a particular discussion in mind. See my post #3.

Your question was "Can you share something with someone else that neither of you are in possession of?"

You should have been specific if you were talking about tangibles. Everybody who answered your questions with examples of intangibles was absolutely correct.

Yes, I should've included the link in the OP and should've worded the question more specifically with regard to the link. I thought it would be clear what I was referring to since I provided the link, but apparently not.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Take your own advice.

ok lets try this

I have to add one additional factor which may invalidate the response but you will see why its needed.

Additional detail: both Bobby and Jimmy bought the boat and so are the registered owners.
Okay, so they both purchased the boat (joint ownership).

Boat disappears.
Okay, and it is at this very moment that they are no longer sharing the boat with each other because neither one of them has a boat to share with the other person. The boat is gone.

As far as the state is concerned they both still own and share it until and unless they report it gone and therefore surrender ownership.
They have a title that says that they own the boat, so the state sees them as owners, but as far as logic is concerned, neither one of them has a boat to share with the other person atm (seeing as the boat is gone).

Since Poor Richard Saunders is such a fucking moron, I thought I'd pose this question to the forum:

Can you share something with someone else that neither of you are in possession of?

He says that you can. What say YOU?

Are you admitting you didn't share any evidence of fraud in the 2020 election, since you don't actually possess that evidence?

Insult fallacy. Anything on your property is in your possession.
You said that you were going home to get the boat. At that point, you don't know whether or not it is actually there.

Then you have located it. Simple concept you have difficulty understanding.
NOT finding something is locating it??? WTF are you smoking??

No. You're the one who asked an absurd question.
Nope. The absurdity is coming from you.

It was on my head, on my body, therefore I am in possession of it.
You didn't know where it was, therefore you weren't in possession of it until you found it again.

You need to retake remedial English class.
YOU need to not only retake remedial English class, but Logic 101 as well.

Since it was on my body, yes I do.
QED of above. You didn't know it was on your body, so at that moment, you weren't in possession of it.

What does that have to do with my boat being on my property?
You asked a question and I answered it. Do try to keep up.

You said that you were going home to get the boat. At that point, you don't know whether or not it is actually there.

I trust that it is still there.

NOT finding something is locating it??? WTF are you smoking??

Insult fallacy. Straw man fallacy.

I did not say such thing.

Nope. The absurdity is coming from you.

You asked an absurd question, not me.

You didn't know where it was, therefore you weren't in possession of it until you found it again.

Again, retake remedial English class. The glasses are on my body, therefore I am in possession of them.

QED of above. You didn't know it was on your body, so at that moment, you weren't in possession of it.

Glasses were on my body. So are my clothes and shoes.

You asked a question and I answered it. Do try to keep up.

No you did not answer it. Again, anything on your property is in your possession, regardless of where they are.

It's a concept, not a tangible possession.

One can't share a tangible item they do not have with someone else.

This is common sense.

An interesting argument but wrong if we take your statement to be true.
If Joe and Frank share the boat and Joe has it Monday and Wednesday and Frank has it Tuesday and Thursday then by your argument they can never share the boat because on Monday/Wednesday when Joe has the boat with him he doesn't share it with Frank and likewise Frank only has possession of the boat on Tuesday and Thursday when he is not sharing. When they are not using the boat it is not located with either one of them but is located at a dock. They never physically hand the boat back and forth.

Are they sharing the boat when it is located at the dock? Are they sharing the boat if they think it is at the dock even if it isn't there?

Okay, so they both purchased the boat (joint ownership).

Okay, and it is at this very moment that they are no longer sharing the boat with each other because neither one of them has a boat to share with the other person. The boat is gone.

They have a title that says that they own the boat, so the state sees them as owners, but as far as logic is concerned, neither one of them has a boat to share with the other person atm (seeing as the boat is gone).

but they still have to share the personal property tax bill due on it until they take action to cease ownership.

(dont know if all states charge personal property taxes but mine does. and yes, nobody other than the boat thief will be doing any punting on the river/lake on the good ship Minnow.)

Back