A woman's basic right over her body doesn't "belong w/ the states"

No both are wrong but one is cheated out of much more life,
We have got to die. Nothing wrong with it. We are destined to die from the moment we are born. (Or from the moment of conception if you people are correct.)

There is nothing wrong with it. Each day I am one day closer to the day of my death...and the same thing goes for you.

So...what happens then.

Is there nothing?

If so...the nothing simply comes sooner for those who die young. In the grand scheme of things...there is no real difference. Living 100 years in the space of eternity...is really not different from living just a few weeks.

Or is there something?

Whatta ya think?

I'll never understand why people obsess with abortion. Seems to be part of religious belief.
It's male domination of females through legal means. Yes, they use religion as part of it, especially with the Evangelicals pushing it, but it's mainly a very western idea about the relationship of men and women in society. Westerners put women subordinate to men, Easterners think as equal but different. Yin Yang.

yin-and-yang-spinning.gif

Didn't the Greeks even have a tragedy emphasizing disgruntled women revolting against men? It's not a new problem. It's a problem still looking for a solution. All people have a right to their own bodies. At what point does a zygote become a "people"?

We have got to die. Nothing wrong with it. We are destined to die from the moment we are born. (Or from the moment of conception if you people are correct.)

There is nothing wrong with it. Each day I am one day closer to the day of my death...and the same thing goes for you.

So...what happens then.

Is there nothing?

If so...the nothing simply comes sooner for those who die young. In the grand scheme of things...there is no real difference. Living 100 years in the space of eternity...is really not different from living just a few weeks.

Or is there something?

Whatta ya think?
So it is OK for someone to murder you. OK nothing wrong with it ;)

I've got a better idea.
How's this?

She's thirty-eight weeks pregnant and suddenly realizes that her life has no room for an unwanted baby.
She terminates the pregnancy
and fuck ANYBODY WITH A RUSTY FISHING KNIFE
who thinks that it's anybody's business but her own.

That works for me, TAG.
You good?
No, I'm not. Her murdering a child--and at 38 weeks that's a child--is not something that a society should tolerate.

States do not have rights over a woman's body or their lives. States rights is a trip to the LCD. It is not how you achieve enlightenment.
Abortion keeps some women out of poverty and makes it possible for some to get an education, which a child could inhibit or prevent. The girl would not have equal opportunities to succeed. A child of rape or incest would have great trouble being accepted, even in the family.

When you decree a girl has to carry, you have to prove she is pregnant. That means the police would have the power to destroy patient/doctor privacy.
I'm pretty sure if she does not involve the police a doctor will not be required to prove she is pregnant.

They will have power over her medical records.
If a pregnant girl has a miscarriage, the police will have the power to see if she self-aborted. The law makes mistakes. Some innocent girls will be found guilty and face jail time.
Your religious beliefs do not give you e power over a girl's life.
How many states prosecute for spontaneous abortions or require proof of spontaneous abortion.

So it is OK for someone to murder you. OK nothing wrong with it ;)
Not going to answer my question...are you?

Afraid of it.

All I am asking for is an opinion...a guess, if you will.

Actually just two possibilities.

There is nothing after death...or there is something. (What that "something" is...is more complex.

But what is your guess?

Afraid of it.

There is nothing after death...or there is something. (What that "something" is...is more complex.

But what is your guess?
Blind guess.

Who the fuck gives a shit about what YOU consider a medical procedure or not a medical procedure.
You cared enough to ask me.

It's a killing plain and simple.

Someone dies prior to reaching adulthood every single time.
Sos what? Dead is dead.

For those who are Christian or believe in an afterlife, what's the problem? Isn't going to Heaven the ultimate goal?

Or is it that some here are afraid they know they will go to Hell so they don't want to die?

Let's, just for argument's sake, say you are correct.

What happens then?

What happens when a human dies prior to reaching adulthood?

Is it different from what happens when a human dies after reaching adulthood?
The child in the womb is mostly mourned by the mother. If not today then ten or twenty years later. That is extremely common.

People born already have a wider range of loved ones so they are missed more but not by god.

Afraid of it.

But what is your guess?
I don't think everything you see around you on this Earth and our solar system came from nothing and yes I think there is a here after.

Would it be OK to kill you?

The child in the womb is mostly mourned by the mother. If not today then ten or twenty years later. That is extremely common.

It is, huh?

Have you ever met anyone who mourned ten or twenty hears later?

I haven't.

People born already have a wider range of loved ones so they are missed more but not by god.

Yeah, but some people may become a major pain-in-the-ass...and may not be mourned by anyone. Some may have developed into serial killers or tyrants...and their deaths will be celebrated.

You suppose your GOD will miss them all.

Tell me more about that, because many people think their GOD calls people who die to ITSELF.

Yours?

I don't think everything you see around you on this Earth and our solar system came from nothing and yes I think there is a here after.

Okay. Tell me about that.

Would it be OK to kill you?
If someone is going to kill me...I doubt they will be interested in my take about it.

I would prefer not to be killed, but I felt that way much more earlier in my life. Now...at 88...it still wouldn't be welcome, but if it were to happen...it would happen.

If you have other questions about that...please ask.

Back