Abortion: wrong or just sort of wrong?

Apparently you think an acorn is the same as a tree when fundamentally they do not share the same characteristics.

not what I said......an acorn is oak....the tree is oak....the zygote is human......the old man is human.....the acorn and the tree share all the characteristics of "oak"......the zygote and the old man share all the characteristics of "human"......oak and human are species, not individuals at one or another stage of development.....

What makes a human a human?

answered in #176....

We've already established that all zygotes have encoded DNA, but my question is a zygote is not the same as a newborn infant since the zygote has YET to become a newborn infant. So if that is true, then what makes a zygote and a newborn infant one and the same?
the fact they are both human.....

What makes a zygote a complete human being?

ah, difficult question......puberty?......marriage?.....parenthood?.......saving enough for a comfortable retirement?......

a human blood cell would be a human blood cell.....it is not an organism.....no contradiction.....

All you're doing is shifting arguments, whenever it's convenient.

There is a lot of "grey" in the abortion debate; it's not as black & white as you'd like to portray. And you're probably just up in arms about it because you need to be up in arms about something.

answered in #176....

the fact they are both human.....

ah, difficult question......puberty?......marriage?.....parenthood?.......saving enough for a comfortable retirement?......

A zygote does not possess sentience like a baby so since it doesn't how is the zygote and the baby the same?

So the characteristics of a human is that of a zygote. Interesting. But how can a potential human be a human? A zygote does not possess the same characteristics as a newborn
a five year old does not possess the same "characteristics" of a newborn.....a grandfather does not possess the same "characteristics" of a teenager.......you may not possess the same "characteristics" that I have.....have you fulfilled your potential yet?......

All you're doing is shifting arguments, whenever it's convenient.

There is a lot of "grey" in the abortion debate; it's not as black & white as you'd like to portray. And you're probably just up in arms about it because you need to be up in arms about something.

not true....I've known that blood cells were not organisms for over forty years.....no shifting involved.....

A zygote does not possess sentience like a baby so since it doesn't how is the zygote and the baby the same?
talk about shifting arguments.....you've lost the argument about whether the zygote is human but now it doesn't matter because the zygote isn't "sentient"......is a newborn as "sentient" as a rocket scientist or a poet?......can we kill them because they aren't "sentient" enough?........

how sentient do they have to be before we have to stop killing them?......

talk about shifting arguments.....you've lost the argument about whether the zygote is human but now it doesn't matter because the zygote isn't "sentient"......is a newborn as "sentient" as a rocket scientist or a poet?......can we kill them because they aren't "sentient" enough?........

how sentient do they have to be before we have to stop killing them?......

Sentience isn't all that hard to identify.

A zygote has no sentience whatsoever, so...

Also, if you think a zygote is "human," then you think a blood cell is "human."

What you want to go for is this - is it A human? Or is it just human? If it's the latter, than every skin cell we lose is sacred...

a five year old does not possess the same "characteristics" of a newborn.....a grandfather does not possess the same "characteristics" of a teenager.......you may not possess the same "characteristics" that I have.....have you fulfilled your potential yet?......

I'm past the stage of potentially becoming a human because quite obviously at 31 years of age I've passed the stage of potentially existing to currently existing. Of course I do not possess the same characteristics as I did when I was a newborn because of the concept of human growth. Human development occurs in stages and it just so happens that a zygote is the beginning stage of human development and despite it having human DNA existing within, the zygote has not fully realized its human potential because its a beginning stage of human development. Similarly, the acorn although possess the characteristic of becoming a tree is not a tree YET because it does not possess the external characteristics of an actual tree. A process must occur before an acorn can become a tree.

So now this becomes about race because you cannot debate...Right, got it!

By the way I am in science you bull-headed moron.

Sf, pmp and ila are all shifting themselves over Neil de grasse Tyson. First they have to fear getting their ass whipped by skinny teenagers in the street and now this guy proves them all to be science denying morons.

Last edited:
okay.....a living human is turned into a dead human

well, a sperm cell isn't a living human....of course if you didn't actually know anything about the birds and the bees you might not have been aware of that.....please call your mother and ask......

What species is it? Maybe it is part of cat kind?

Showing me a link to Cell-Free fetal DNA is nothing...Show me within the provided link where it specifically says that a zygote is a human.

Why do you think a majority of abortion clinics are in minority neighborhoods? What does that say? Does it please you that so many brown babies are slaughtered? Maybe it is your way to keep them from growing up and scaring you

Back