Abortion: wrong or just sort of wrong?

living, as in the sense of the opposite of dead......

lol, no it isn't.....

of course it does...every one of its characteristics is already fixed in place by its DNA.....

Is sperm a living organism?

yes sperm is a living organism
Sperm is a living cell, not an entire organism in itself; although it has the capability to unite with the egg to give rise to a entire organism.

See:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_sperm_a_living_organism

Since you like Wiki so much I thought I'd do this simple task for you.

Showing me a link to Cell-Free fetal DNA is nothing...Show me within the provided link where it specifically says that a zygote is a human.

a zygote is human because it has human DNA and not chicken DNA....I am not going to provide you with a link that explains something that basic to you any more than I am going to provide you with a link that says we need oxygen in order to survive.......if you do, as you claim, know something about science, you do not need a link......

a zygote is human because it has human DNA and not chicken DNA....I am not going to provide you with a link that explains something that basic to you any more than I am going to provide you with a link that says we need oxygen in order to survive.......if you do, as you claim, know something about science, you do not need a link......

Having human DNA encoded in a cell does not mean that a zygote shares the same characteristics as a damn infant. The zygote has the blueprint to potentially become an infant. A zygote does not yet possess a heart, a brain, and sentience. That is why I'm asking you what make a human a human. Humans are more than just beings with coded DNA. You must know the difference between potentiality and actuality. Apparently you think an acorn is the same as a tree when fundamentally they do not share the same characteristics. An acorn does not have branches and leaves, it has the potential to grow into a tree that has many branches and leaves. I don't see how you are confusing this.

Did you just say a sperm cell is not a living organism?

yes.....do you know what the definition of an organism is?.....

You also said that a zygote has the same characteristics as an infant. Having the DNA blueprint within a cell is not the same as having the external characteristics as a full formed human baby...For christ sake you are bad at this

the DNA has already established whether her hair will be red, how big her breasts are going to be, whether she will good at music or math, whether she has a high likelihood of dying of breast cancer......and you're worried about whether she's going to be a human or a rhinoceros...

Is sperm a living organism?

yes sperm is a living organism
Sperm is a living cell, not an entire organism in itself; although it has the capability to unite with the egg to give rise to a entire organism.

See:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_sperm_a_living_organism

Since you like Wiki so much I thought I'd do this simple task for you.
when you say you would do a simple task for me, did you actually mean providing a link that proves me right and you wrong?.....

They are not living? Or aren't organisms

hey, you provided the link.....not organisms....

"Sperm is a living cell, not an entire organism in itself; although it has the capability to unite with the egg to give rise to a entire organism"

hence, once it becomes a zygote.....its an organism.....

hey, you provided the link.....not organisms....

"Sperm is a living cell, not an entire organism in itself; although it has the capability to unite with the egg to give rise to a entire organism"

hence, once it becomes a zygote.....its an organism.....

My entire argument is about something that is living, you know, not dead. That is my point regardless whether its a cell that becomes an organism or a cell period it is something that is defined as living, something that grows, and metabolize.

Now that we've established that red blood cells, sperm cells, zygotes are living, we can continue with my question...

What makes a human a human?

We've already established that all zygotes have encoded DNA, but my question is a zygote is not the same as a newborn infant since the zygote has YET to become a newborn infant. So if that is true, then what makes a zygote and a newborn infant one and the same?

What makes a zygote a complete human being?

Back