Abortion: wrong or just sort of wrong?

It is bad enough being a wanted child in this capitalist pisshole. What must it be to be forced to be born UNwanted!
Let's leave that decision to the children. Who are you to decide who's wanted or unwanted and who gets to live or die? what are you, some kind of self worshipping leftist?

Oh...

then don't do it.

how do you murder something that is part of your own body?

if its in my body and it will die if removed then its mine.

Just like my liver

actually they could take your liver and give it to someone else and it would live......you would die.....

TO me abortion is WRONG in most circumstances, but must remain LEGAL in all cases of early pregnancy. I understand that others don't see it the same way I do. To force a woman to carry an unwanted embryo is simply an invasion of her rights.

I think many things are WRONG that must remain LEGAL to maintain a functioning free Democracy.

Having recently given birth to a son of our own, my wife and I have sat in amazement over what we've helped bring to this earth. Over the past year, I've been asking myself, from time to time, how could someone be so anxious & willing to terminate their unborn? The only conclusion that I could come up with is that most of these people simply despise their own lives as well as life in general. Sure, the Supreme Court has certainly green lighted this vile act, but is that enough? This thread is for those who feel that analyzing legalized murder is something that might need to be revisited or even overturned.

Take a look at this in-depth analysis then share your thoughts.

http://www.justfacts.com/abortion.asp

Abortion is not wrong if

A) If the woman decides to not keep the child

B) Her life is in imminent danger

C) If genetic tests determine that the fetus wont be viable

As one who studies neuroanatomy, I'm of the school of thought that if sentience is not present in the early stages, abortion is not wrong. Just because a zygote is a living organism doesn't mean it's sentient. How many guys here jerk off to ejaculate? Yea your semen has millions of "living" sperm cells yet we have no qualms jerking off killing all those living cells.

Last edited:
TO me abortion is WRONG in most circumstances, but must remain LEGAL in all cases of early pregnancy. I understand that others don't see it the same way I do. To force a woman to carry an unwanted embryo is simply an invasion of her rights.

I think many things are WRONG that must remain LEGAL to maintain a functioning free Democracy.

Why is abortion wrong?

Uh-uh. Christ lifted people up. He did not wallow with them in their depravity.

"Our Lord opposes the censorious spirit. "Let us therefore be lowly minded, brethren, laying aside all arrogance, and conceit, and folly, and anger, and let us do that which is written... most of all remembering the words of the Lord Jesus which he spake, teaching forbearance and brag-suffering; for thus he spake... 'As ye judge, so shall ye be judged...'"

Adhering to moral standards solves that problem. What sort of swine condemns the unborn to death without thinking things through, first?

How do you explain the various Judeo-Christian positions on abortion?

Roman Catholicism & Abortion:

Roman Catholicism is popularly associated with a strict anti-abortion position, but this strictness only dates to Pope Pius XI’s 1930 encyclical Casti Connubii. Before this, there was more debate on abortion. The Bible doesn’t condemn abortion and Church tradition rarely addresses it. Early church theologians generally allow abortion in the first 3 months and prior to quickening, when the soul supposedly entered the fetus. For a long time, the Vatican refused to issue a binding position.

Protestant Christianity & Abortion:

Protestantism is perhaps one of the most diffuse and de-centralized religious traditions in the world. There is almost nothing that isn’t true of some denomination somewhere. Vocal, vociferous opposition to abortion is common in Protestant circles but support for abortion rights is also common — it’s just not as loud. There is no single Protesant position on abortion, but Protestants who oppose abortion sometimes portray themselves as the only true Christians.

Judaism & Abortion:

Ancient Judaism was naturally pro-natalist, but without a central authority dictating orthodox beliefs, there has been vigorous debate on abortion. The only scriptural mention of anything like an abortion does not treat it as murder. Jewish tradition allows for abortion for the sake of the mother because there is no soul in the first 40 days, and even in the latter stages of pregnancy, the fetus has a lower moral status than the mother. In some cases, it may even be a mitzvah, or sacred duty.

http://atheism.about.com/od/abortioncontraception/p/Religions.htm

Back