Abortion: wrong or just sort of wrong?

Why is it the board conservatives tend to be the most fanatic and by far the most hateful and prejudiced?

I'm always impressed with the rationalizations you come up with to support abortion. Particularly since your Catholic demographic is the most difficult one to overcome in this area. If you can convince yourself that the right are sinners, then this one gaping problem with your side can be excused. The Party of the People has supported slavery, segregation, lynching, internment, and now abortion, but since the GOP supports big business, that trumps all of these other minor human failings.

I'm always impressed with the rationalizations you come up with to support abortion. Particularly since your Catholic demographic is the most difficult one to overcome in this area. If you can convince yourself that the right are sinners, then this one gaping problem with your side can be excused. The Party of the People has supported slavery, segregation, lynching, internment, and now abortion, but since the GOP supports big business, that trumps all of these other minor human failings.

I'm always surprised that you think support for the law of the land and a woman's right to control her own body means that you rejoice in abortion. And I'm also surprised that you don't see the hypocrisy of the right re: sin because RW religious fundamentals (and not-so-fundamentals) are some of the biggest detractors of Catholicism. I don't see a whole lot of Catholics telling people how to live their lives but that's a staple of religious fundamentalism.

Liberals are way more educated than conservatives.

American conservatives do tend to define themselves by their near-illiteracy, don't they? Perhaps it is because they have to pretend to be more ignorant than anyone else to accept your weird system?

I'm always surprised that you think support for the law of the land and a woman's right to control her own body means that you rejoice in abortion. And I'm also surprised that you don't see the hypocrisy of the right re: sin because RW religious fundamentals (and not-so-fundamentals) are some of the biggest detractors of Catholicism. I don't see a whole lot of Catholics telling people how to live their lives but that's a staple of religious fundamentalism.

These days leftists are much bigger detractors. I also find heresy much less appalling than abortion. Finally, why is it necessary to support laws that are wrong? Do you support laws against pot?

American conservatives do tend to define themselves by their near-illiteracy, don't they? Perhaps it is because they have to pretend to be more ignorant than anyone else to accept your weird system?

You mean our monarchy and House of Lords? Yes, that is a rather silly system we Americans support. :cof1:

You're inferior in nearly every sense of the word. Go feed your pigs.

Back