About where you live.

That is only true if he accepts your definition of "Homeland".

My definition is based on the FACTS that the people whose ancestors SETTLED this area over a thousand or so years ago have the right to call it a "homeland", while a the descendants of a bunch of immigrants less than 400 years old don't.

Homeland is the land where your home is.

Place of birth is where you were born.

Paedophile is one who voices the desire to engage In sexual acts with children.

It's simple really.

You're simple if you think that just because YOU say something it's so.

The Native People's ancestors SETTLED THIS LAND A MILLENIA AGO.....they did NOT immigrate over and then usurp the native inhabitants.

Got that now?

Hard to say, but it started during the Roman Empire and was ongoing throughout the Middle Ages, so we can conservatively say it's been 500 years now...

Come back and talk when you have people who SETTLED an uninhabited land over a millenia ago.

My definition is based on the FACTS that the people whose ancestors SETTLED this area over a thousand or so years ago have the right to call it a "homeland", while a the descendants of a bunch of immigrants less than 400 years old don't.

Facts? lol

The people who settled my homeland are long gone. My family, however, have ties to much of the history of the area and still has roots there. We have no family history in Ireland that we are aware of, but we do here.

And who made this decision to put an arbitrary number of years in as a requirement?

You are correct that we are not a homogenous population. We are a heterogenous population. My homeland is just that. We are a blend of many, many cultures. My ancestors brought something to the mix as well, so I am part of that blend.

If my family lived in an area that had a homogenous population, and we were different, you might be able to claim it was not our homeland. But the population of our homeland resembles me in many ways and on many levels.

"We" are a bunch of 400 year old immigrants that usurped the native people who settled the joint over a millenia ago. Deal with it. their homeland, NOT yours.

"We" are a bunch of 400 year old immigrants that usurped the native people who settled the joint over a millenia ago. Deal with it. their homeland, NOT yours.

I'm glad you feel you have the ability to decide who gets a homeland and who does not.

But it boils down to whether or not one accepts your definitions. You need to deal with THAT.

You want it to only be the original inhabitants and always in excess of 500 years? Congrats, you can make that determination for your own history.

I have a homeland that is rich in the history of my family. That you stomp your feet and claim it is not my homeland really makes no difference whatsoever.

I am 1/4 Choctaw and at least 1/8 Cherokee. My great-great-grandfather on my mother's side was as Irish as can be. I am claiming this country as my homeland but will allow that of Cawacko, Winterbon, Damo, Rana, and others as well. This is kind of a silly thread, IMO.

I am 1/4 Choctaw and at least 1/8 Cherokee. My great-great-grandfather on my mother's side was as Irish as can be. I am claiming this country as my homeland but will allow that of Cawacko, Winterbon, Damo, Rana, and others as well. This is kind of a silly thread, IMO.

Thanks, my people are relatively new, both families came over after the Civil War.

For the record:

This is the United States of America....my country, my home, but NOT my "homeland". The ONLY people who have a right to call this part of the world their "homeland" are the descendants of the indigenous people who inhabited it for thousands of years BEFORE the Vikings and later Europeans showed up. Other than that, we're all descendants of immigrants less than 400 years old to date. We are NOT European country who has a homogenous populace for generations. So spare me this "homeland security" crap, because no matter how much the Bush family wants to think they are on par with the "indians" in laying claim to this country, they are not. Period. That's all I wanted to get off my chest.

this may in fact be the most retarded thing I have ever read on here.

At LEAST a thousand years, son. Any other questions?

so do the english not have a homeland either? the normans invaded england in the early 11th century. On the plus side I guess they will finally have a homeland in about ~50 years or so. sweet deal.

Spoken like the descendent of a colonialist (or imperialist...whichever comes first). Reminds me of a "politically incorrect" show we're Bill Marr was debating some Mexican-American actress....she said, "but it was OUR land, OUR culture". Marr scoffed, "NO IT WASN'T...YOU STOLE IT FROM THE INDIANS...JUST LIKE WE DID!"

Nuff said.
You know nothing about me, at all. Relish your ignorance, it doesn't change what is: Native born Americans are Native, even if their ancestors didn't migrate over the Bering Strait. They are just as much native to here as any other Native born American. What you fail to understand is that no matter what, all the people here came here from somewhere else, including those you want to believe have some stronger claim.

The idea that I would have some basic claim to, say, Winterborn's home because I was a Native American is simply an urge to be apologetic for some past in which you never participated. Feel guilty for British Hegemony as much as you want, just stop projecting it onto others. I wasn't there for that, didn't participate in it, and will never have to feel your projected "guilt"...

You know nothing about me, at all. Relish your ignorance, it doesn't change what is: Native born Americans are Native, even if their ancestors didn't migrate over the Bering Strait. They are just as much native to here as any other Native born American. What you fail to understand is that no matter what, all the people here came here from somewhere else, including those you want to believe have some stronger claim.

The idea that I would have some basic claim to, say, Winterborn's home because I was a Native American is simply an urge to be apologetic for some past in which you never participated. Feel guilty for British Hegemony as much as you want, just stop projecting it onto others. I wasn't there for that, didn't participate in it, and will never have to feel your projected "guilt"...
Ah...so it doesn't bother you that your predecdessors committed genocide in a war of anhiliation on the people who previously occupied the land you now call home?

Back