An Analysis of Darla

LOL But I've really left you alone on that for a long time now. I enjoy your jokes at the expense of some of my least favorite posters too much. IN fact, Rana and I were just laughing yesterday in private over something you said to someone here.
I was a not mellow teabagger when I arrived about nearly a decade ago!
Blissfully ignorant about politics except lower my taxes so my privileged kids tuition would go down easier.
After an unreasonable time of battling you, desh, cypress, oncelor and Mott; I started reading what you guys were talking about and became a turbo-lib(a Term I coined during a tax rant)
Being pro pot, women's rights, anti-war became more important than anti tax.

Late to the party though

I was a not mellow teabagger when I arrived about nearly a decade ago!
Blissfully ignorant about politics except lower my taxes so my privileged kids tuition would go down easier.
After an unreasonable time of battling you, desh, cypress, oncelor and Mott; I started reading what you guys were talking about and became a turbo-lib(a Term I coined during a tax rant)
Being pro pot, women's rights, anti-war became more important than anti tax.

Late to the party though

That is really awesome.

And that's why you decided to give her such a glowing appraisal. :palm:

Glowing appraisal? I said I respected her and that I liked her well enough. There were some caveats in that post as well.

I see a lot of the drama surrounding Darla as either hangovers from another board or just personality clashes.

Na a whole lot of it is male hostility.

Your kids are already getting it much better than the old farts though.

This new generation knows better how to love the ladies right

And that's why you decided to give her such a glowing appraisal. :palm:

One of the things that is blatantly obvious is the way aggression and power are judged differently between men & women here (as in many places).

Darla doesn't back down and will fight back. So she is a bitch. If a guy fights back it is accepted. If he doesn't he is a pussy.

This same thing happens in real life. More than a few men are intmidated by strong women.

Na a whole lot of it is male hostility.

Your kids are already getting it much better than the old farts though.

This new generation knows better how to love the ladies right
I was raised by a single mom and had 2 sisters
I had a leg up on most guys from day 1 with girls!
got to be an expert in woman while bartending and watching thousands of strike outs!
key to happiness is not to throw her a pitch!

pretty much treat her like you would want to be treated.

There are shitty chicks out there just like there are shitty guys out there.

Guys so often date the shitty ones because of their little head and then treat the rest of us like they are the shitty chicks they dated in the past.

It get pretty annoying when some asshole treats you like his last bad date when all you want to do is buy some tires from the store he works at.

pretty much treat her like you would want to be treated.

There are shitty chicks out there just like there are shitty guys out there.

Guys so often date the shitty ones because of their little head and then treat the rest of us like they are the shitty chicks they dated in the past.

It get pretty annoying when some asshole treats you like his last bad date when all you want to do is buy some tires from the store he works at.

That works both ways. I have been treated like the previous asshole several times.

The main difference I see is that men seem much more intimidated by powerful or strong women than women do of the same in men.

My girlfriend is a strong willed and successful woman. She has been told by men she has dated that she needs to "tone down" her opinions. lol

So the lady at the store treated you like her last bad date when you bought some shoes?

I have had guys who were my neighbor who I helped their kids for fucking free treat me like a brain dead idiot.

I find MEN much more likely assume women are idiots because all the women they know are idiots.

Some men jsut pick stupid assed hobait chicks so they assume we are all stupid ased hoebait chicks

So the lady at the store treated you like her last bad date when you bought some shoes?

I have had guys who were my neighbor who I helped their kids for fucking free treat me like a brain dead idiot.

I find MEN much more likely assume women are idiots because all the women they know are idiots.

Some men jsut pick stupid assed hobait chicks so they assume we are all stupid ased hoebait chicks

No, I stand corrected on the retail thing. I missed that part of your post, or misunderstood it.

But the same social pressure that has men bury any sign of weakness or emotion has women burying any sign of intellect. "Playing dumb" is so common among younger women as to be embarrassing.

No, I stand corrected on the retail thing. I missed that part of your post, or misunderstood it.

But the same social pressure that has men bury any sign of weakness or emotion has women burying any sign of intellect. "Playing dumb" is so common among younger women as to be embarrassing.

I feel that in retrospect, the 90's were a decade that experienced a big feminist revival. It's interesting that we recognize the 2nd wave, and a lot of young feminists today call themselves the 3rd wave, but I don't know what we call the 90's. The Riot grrrl decade maybe. It is to me. Even my guy friends back then, and I had a lot of them, we had a very large group. (that is why I laugh today at the pearl-clutching over the "hookup" culture, and the lack of traditional dating among young people. yeah, it's been here a while, we were okay and they will be too). Anyway, even my guy friends then, were not really sexist. And "ironic" sexism hadn't become a fad yet, they were just outright not sexist. I think Gen X is a lot cooler than generally given credit for.

I never felt I had to play dumb. It's difficult to believe young women today feel that way, but I really don't know.

I feel that in retrospect, the 90's were a decade that experienced a big feminist revival. It's interesting that we recognize the 2nd wave, and a lot of young feminists today call themselves the 3rd wave, but I don't know what we call the 90's. The Riot grrrl decade maybe. It is to me. Even my guy friends back then, and I had a lot of them, we had a very large group. (that is why I laugh today at the pearl-clutching over the "hookup" culture, and the lack of traditional dating among young people. yeah, it's been here a while, we were okay and they will be too). Anyway, even my guy friends then, were not really sexist. And "ironic" sexism hadn't become a fad yet, they were just outright not sexist. I think Gen X is a lot cooler than generally given credit for.

I never felt I had to play dumb. It's difficult to believe young women today feel that way, but I really don't know.

Both my daughters have told me that they were cautioned that guys didn't like girls who were "too smart". Now that was in high school, so it doesn't carry over long term. But habits formed then can carry over.

Both my daughters have told me that they were cautioned that guys didn't like girls who were "too smart". Now that was in high school, so it doesn't carry over long term. But habits formed then can carry over.

Man that's retro. I can't even imagine being told that. I definitely was shaped by a time and by atmosphere and people, into believing the exact opposite.

Man that's retro. I can't even imagine being told that. I definitely was shaped by a time and by atmosphere and people, into believing the exact opposite.

I think it was pressure within that age group. I doubt anyone outside it would say that. But what turns a boy's head will turn into habits.

I am happy that neither of my daughters felt the need to dumb down.

In my experience the young women today are LESS likely to play the stupid game

Back