Anyone know who this is?

how is tom shallow based on this op? He made a legitimate observation. he spoke nothing to her worth as a person. He didn't say she is a bad person or not worthy of someone because of how she looks.

"being shallow" is purely judging someone on apperances. Tom did not judge the totality of lady gaga, just made an observation concerning one aspect of her.

People are too busy circlejerking over tom hate to see that though.

Bullshit.

how is tom shallow based on this op? He made a legitimate observation. he spoke nothing to her worth as a person. He didn't say she is a bad person or not worthy of someone because of how she looks.

"being shallow" is purely judging someone on apperances. Tom did not judge the totality of lady gaga, just made an observation concerning one aspect of her.

He's criticizing a woman over her looks and that's not shallow?????? Did you grow up on Planet Misogynist with him?

shal·low

/ˈSHalō/
Adjective
Of little depth.
Noun
An area of the sea, a lake, or a river where the water is not very deep.
Verb
(of the sea, a lake, or a river) Become less deep over time or in a particular place.
Synonyms
adjective. superficial - shoal - perfunctory - skin-deep - cursory

They are like a bunch of vultures or buzzards circling overhead waiting for the hyena to go in first and then they will pick on what's left. Guess who is the hyena?
There are several case studies ready made on here.

Bullshit.
Tom is a POS.

They are like a bunch of vultures or buzzards circling overhead waiting for the hyena to go in first and then they will pick on what's left. Guess who is the hyena?
There are several case studies ready made on here.

I suppose you are right if you count the multiple psychosis you exhibit in this thread.

He's criticizing a woman over her looks and that's not shallow?????? Did you grow up on Planet Misogynist with him?

shal·low

/ˈSHalō/
Adjective
Of little depth.
Noun
An area of the sea, a lake, or a river where the water is not very deep.
Verb
(of the sea, a lake, or a river) Become less deep over time or in a particular place.
Synonyms
adjective. superficial - shoal - perfunctory - skin-deep - cursory

A) "This person is not attractive" - not shallow, it is an observation that everybody makes on a daily basis for a variety of people. Don't pretend you never have said to yourself or someone else that someone wasn't attractive.

B) "I would not date this person because of how she looks" - shallow, you are judging someones worth solely based on their looks, without any regard to them as a person, their personality, interests, etc

C) "This person is ugly, therefore she's a total waste of space" - shallow, again, you are judging a person based on their looks a lone.

+ + + + +

That said, tom then went on to say lady gaga isn't a real woman, and he seems to be basing that on her looks. So that statement is definitely shallow. But people were jumping all over him based on his OP before he said that.

A) "This person is not attractive" - not shallow, it is an observation that everybody makes on a daily basis for a variety of people. Don't pretend you never have said to yourself or someone else that someone wasn't attractive.

B) "I would not date this person because of how she looks" - shallow, you are judging someones worth solely based on their looks, without any regard to them as a person, their personality, interests, etc

C) "This person is ugly, therefore she's a total waste of space" - shallow, again, you are judging a person based on their looks a lone.

+ + + + +

That said, tom then went on to say lady gaga isn't a real woman, and he seems to be basing that on her looks. So that statement is definitely shallow. But people were jumping all over him based on his OP before he said that.

Wrong.

Toms entire purpose was to disparage an extremely talented and popular woman based on her looks alone.

+ + + + +

What I didn't address is the wholesale sexualising of a swathe of pre-adolescent girls which I find highly distasteful and seriously worrying. That applies equally to the likes of Beyonce, Jay Lo and a host of others who use sex to sell their products. It isn't even in a subtle and sensuous way as exemplified recently on the UK X-Factor, where Jennifer Lopez appeared in an outfit best suited to a sado-masochist convention not to a programme going out in prime time to children.

+ + + + +

Wrong.

Toms entire purpose was to disparage an extremely talented and popular woman based on her looks alone.

And we knew it from the beginning.

Another Grind fail.

Never thought I'd see the day when my friend would turn into Yurt.

And we knew it from the beginning.

Another Grind fail.

Never thought I'd see the day when my friend would turn into Yurt.

number of times I have made fun of a women's appearance today: 0
Number of times howey has made fun of a women's appearance (by making fun of her weight): 1

Back