Are you ready ?

So just just some minor possible emergencies, nothing to consider then, cool.

Well the last yuge earthquake caused by the New Madrid fault wasn't cool. :whoa: It was over 200 years ago and they say it's supposed to be due any time in the near future.

Yes there is the same laws still exist along with basic human morality and ethics.

When we act like animals we are.
Rape and stealing and looting and murder are wrong and you know it, . Your making excuses for people here to commit crimes due to political affliction against those whom have different political affliction .

Just like as people did during the riots which were a break down im society . That sure didn't make it right for those involved it the capital riots or the thousand of riots that took place across America with democrats blm and antifa and democrats.

Your endorsing criminal behavior like a ignorant bastard , O I need it so its OK for me to kill my neighbor because hes a republican and steal his guns his food his generator and rape his big boobed wife.

You seriously need to look at your ethics and values and morals and your self.

You clearly have mental issues and are a poor excuse for a human
You posed a question about any of a number of catastrophic events, including some sort of war. You wanted to know who was ready to ride it out. Part of that is defending yourself when society has broken down.

I merely stated that I would go after low hanging fruit, such as yourself. Easy marks, as it were. It's your fantasy, not mine.

But do get on your soap box and attempt to make yourself feel better just because you can't spell.

Gas was worth it's weight in gold. I had to travel 150 miles (to Lafayette) to get groceries and ice. NOBODY was on the Freeways for the first 50 miles, you could literally drive at 100/mph.
A Generator would be a good investment (no, I didn't do that) to keep the Refrigerator running, along with Lights (and a Well pump if you have one). I can tell you, that guys swimming pool with the clean, chlorinated water was a Gold Mine. Fresh Water ... I don't know how you can store enough of that.

After about 5 days, you have to be concerned about Looters. Generators are their Main Target. You'll be sleeping, the AC running, then ... you'll wake up and realize you're not hearing the noise of the Generator anymore. Advice from Law Enforcement: "Take the Appropriate Action".
Yep. I've got more than one generator. It's common when we don't have power here for days on end, to come home and find that someone heard your generator running and stole it. I keep mine fairly well concealed.

Spent a butt load of time in the Woods, Military (11B).

iu

Yep. I've got more than one generator. It's common when we don't have power here for days on end, to come home and find that someone heard your generator running and stole it. I keep mine fairly well concealed.

:) That seemed to be the M.O. .
It's at night, everything is quiet ... except the house where the generator is running. :(

:) That seemed to be the M.O. .
It's at night, everything is quiet ... except the house where the generator is running. :(
Exactly. Around here, many people are putting in whole house generators that run on propane, and come on automatically. I still use one that give me 25 amps. Enough to give me water, run my fridge, and the furnace if it's winter. Just not all at once!!!! I have propane for cooking and hot water, so I can actually take a hot shower when all around me is otherwise chaos.

If I were planning for future catastrophes, it's very simple to build a water system that consists of a group of pressure tanks that are full of water. You can charge them with an air compressor that draws almost no amperage when an emergency strikes.

But I don't have any real worries about the end of days. We get snow and high winds. Freezing rain often kills the power, but my area tends to get power back quickly. I often have to bring my generators to friends' houses to give them the bare necessities as they have no power for days on end.

Just did a job for an engineer who showed me a great idea. He welded a nipple to the exhaust on his generator and hooked a heat proof 1 1/2" line to said nipple. He runs the line into his stove pipe and can run the generator inside the garage, where nobody can steal it. Great idea. He didn't do it for fear of theft. It keeps the generator dry in adverse conditions.

Well the last yuge earthquake caused by the New Madrid fault wasn't cool. :whoa: It was over 200 years ago and they say it's supposed to be due any time in the near future.

There are several things that are now way overdue, when one looks at the list it can be eye opening. People Laugh, until it happens.

Exactly. Around here, many people are putting in whole house generators that run on propane, and come on automatically. I still use one that give me 25 amps. Enough to give me water, run my fridge, and the furnace if it's winter. Just not all at once!!!! I have propane for cooking and hot water, so I can actually take a hot shower when all around me is otherwise chaos.

If I were planning for future catastrophes, it's very simple to build a water system that consists of a group of pressure tanks that are full of water. You can charge them with an air compressor that draws almost no amperage when an emergency strikes.

But I don't have any real worries about the end of days. We get snow and high winds. Freezing rain often kills the power, but my area tends to get power back quickly. I often have to bring my generators to friends' houses to give them the bare necessities as they have no power for days on end.

Just did a job for an engineer who showed me a great idea. He welded a nipple to the exhaust on his generator and hooked a heat proof 1 1/2" line to said nipple. He runs the line into his stove pipe and can run the generator inside the garage, where nobody can steal it. Great idea. He didn't do it for fear of theft. It keeps the generator dry in adverse conditions.

:thumbsup:

I'm in South Louisiana, so not much trouble in the Winter. It's usually after a hurricane that the Generators are in use.
There always seems to be a Report about somebody dragging the Generator inside to keep it from getting stolen ... then waking up dead the next morning from asphyxiation. :(

The Lesson from Katrina ... leave the State, find a nice Motel, sit around the Pool, drink Bloody Marys, and watch the Disaster unfold on TV ... the Government will pay you $2,000 for your trouble. (if you stayed, you were considered an Idiot, and the Government gave you nothing.

:tardthoughts:

We can have to deal with a variety of disasters at any time form hurricanes to flooding to tornados earth quakes , solar flares , riots , economic collapse , pandemics far worse then covid,eruptions from a super volcano like Yellowstone or others, large asteroid hits war and probably a few that I left out.

Clearly we all cant be ready for everything .

Are you prepared for even the smallest and of these ? how long could you and your family go it all along , could you provide food cash first aid and protection for your family ?

Or will you wait for others to d it for you which may never happen depending on how bad the event is.

Are you prepared for the type of natural disaster most likely to hit your area ?
how long can you go without any income no stores to buy food ?

Would you survive for a month 2 months without help ? would you be a victim , prey or predator or survivor ?

I'm ready. Are you ready?

Back