Because the lesser of two evils is still evil...

But worse they vote LIbertarian than voting for Biden. And that risk seems incredibly high, and the return incredibly low. Just my two cents.

Voting for Biden is the definition of stupid. But alas, stupid people don't know they are stupid, therefore, they vote for Biden.

No, I have a very interesting view of what a Libertarian 'government' would allow. But of course, no libertarian will ever win a high office, because Libertarianism is an exercise in mental masturbation. Coffee house bullshit. Politics for the cool kids. And the impact of third parties in this years election may very well be that those parties will no longer exist. But feel free to help enable an autocratic dictator. Your vote, your choice. You can use it, or you can rip it up and throw it in the toilet. Suit yourself.
A libertarian president doesn't make the whole government libertarian. We wouldn't have anything close to what you described. We MIGHT have some minor , freedom-imcreasing changes and maybe some actual changes in spending. What we'd also do, by electing 3rd party, is send a message to the two primary political parties that they need to stop nominating horrible, unacceptable candidates.

"
If your major priority isn't to stop Trump,
that makes you part of the reason that the republic is collapsing before our eyes."

It's not. One President doesn't have the power to cause such a thing to happen. There are 3 co-equal branches of government that limit what the other branches can do.

Trump was already president for four years and nothing significant changed because of his actions.

If Trump wins, at least he won't be an option going forward and at least there's a possibility Republicans will nominate a decent option.

As far as a "protest vote". I'm just choosing to not vote for a shitty opinion, which is currently the only thing put on the table by either party.
He learned quite a bit from his first time, he will be much more destructive this time. He’ll have people in his pocket and he already has the courts. He will fill positions with his “yes” men. Our system will not save us a second term of Trump.

He learned quite a bit from his first time, he will be much more destructive this time. He’ll have people in his pocket and he already has the courts. He will fill positions with his “yes” men. Our system will not save us a second term of Trump.
The Speaker of the House is on record saying Trump is innocent and was wrongly convicted of 34 felonies.

Can i test you on your assertion above? See if you have thought thru what you think and say?

I will give you a series of actions Trump could take, with the Executive being run by Trump loyalists in the DoJ and DoD, and you tell what you think can be done to stop him?

it was people within the WH and the DoD who stopped him last time, so i am curious what you think can be done outside it.
elections.

but the people want trump.

now what are you gonna do, deep state fucko?

A libertarian president doesn't make the whole government libertarian. We wouldn't have anything close to what you described. We MIGHT have some minor , freedom-imcreasing changes and maybe some actual changes in spending. What we'd also do, by electing 3rd party, is send a message to the two primary political parties that they need to stop nominating horrible, unacceptable candidates.

Yes, and if I have a heart attack, my Doctor will tell me it's a sign that I need to change my horrible diet. But I'd prefer if he waited until after I was off the operating table.

You appear willing to risk the election of autocratic despot in order to make small non-meaningful changes. Or to 'send a message'. Pretending that we have something other than a binary choice is naive at best, and dangerous at worst. You know that libertarian candidate cannot win a single electoral vote, but you are willing to 'Ralph Nader' this election. I feel the same way about a Jill Stein candidacy. And a Cornell West candidacy. And RFK Jr. candidacy. It is sheer folly to vote for a third party when democracy is on the ballot.

Again....all he has at his disposal is Executive Orders. Not much he can do with those.

Funny because there's truth in it. On this particular issue, I think they'll rule for the Constitution even if Alito and Thomas are in dissent.

ae9Y8eP.jpg
Hmm, hope does spring eternal. :sneaky:

How can he be destructive? What tools does he have at his disposal?

Back