Christmas Dinner

Again...I am sorry to SM for ever insinuating anything about his children.... I am sorry...I am sorry... I am sorry.

I have you on ignore so that your calling me a liar for no good reason will not cause me to react inappropriately in the future.

I can assure you, I am no toy poodle. Maybe thats why your "family honor" is not bothered when I call you names?
You can *yip yip* call me any name that your little heart *yip yip* can think of. Involve my family in this though, *yip yip* and you've crossed the line.

Again...I am sorry to SM for ever insinuating anything about his children.... I am sorry...I am sorry... I am sorry.

I have you on ignore so that your calling me a liar for no good reason will not cause me to react inappropriately in the future.

Too little too late; sinners must repent.

You can *yip yip* call me any name that your little heart *yip yip* can think of. Involve my family in this though, *yip yip* and you've crossed the line.

Hmmm, so he made insinuations that you molested your son, and you go ballistic and hold the grudge. But I call you a coward and you let it go?

Sounds to me like you prefer your revenge against less threatening people. I guess that would be the safer way to do it.

I think that also does something else. It proves my accusations. Which would also explain a lot.

Works for me.

Hmmm, so he made insinuations that you molested your son, and you go ballistic and hold the grudge. But I call you a coward and you let it go?

Sounds to me like you prefer your revenge against less threatening people. I guess that would be the safer way to do it.

I think that also does something else. It proves my accusations. Which would also explain a lot.

Works for me.
The Southern Man doesn't go "ballistic"; he gets even. He is also not bothered by mere insults to his own person; in fact, considers them points taken from a lesser man.

The Southern Man doesn't go "ballistic"; he gets even. He is also not bothered by mere insults to his own person; in fact, considers them points taken from a lesser man.

LMAO!

Ok, so the insinuation that you diddled your son would have been an insult to who? Your son would have been the victim of a molester, so it was not an insult to him. Your wife, as far as I know, was not mentioned at all. So it seems that the insult would have been aimed at you alone.

Funny how some men act all tough when they know they can get away with it, and yet act all contrite when another man steps into the picture. Yep, that figures.

Tonight, my wife and I will have my 34 year old son and his new girlfriend, my 22 year old son and his girlfriend, and my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend all join us for Christmas dinner. The menu:

Standing rib roast encrusted with a garlic/horseradish paste
roasted new potatoes and brussel sprouts
garlic baguette
bibb lettuce/candied pecan/pear/bleu cheese salad
warm dark chocolate tortes

Merry Christmas to all!!

Normally I do a standing rib roast for X-mas dinner too.

This year I did a very non-traditional Christmas dinner.

I served;

Asian style braized Ox Tails on a bed of jasmine thai rice.
Thai shrimp pasta salad.
Broiled baby bok choy as the vegetable.
for appetizers I served rumaki (chicken livers wraped in water chestnuts and bacon and broiled till crisp) and lumpias (Filipino style spring rolls).

I served a chilled Dornfelder Reinhessen red wine that was simply to die for.

Merry Christmas! :)

Normally I do a standing rib roast for X-mas dinner too.

This year I did a very non-traditional Christmas dinner.

I served;

Asian style braized Ox Tails on a bed of jasmine thai rice.
Thai shrimp pasta salad.
Broiled baby bok choy as the vegetable.
for appetizers I served rumaki (chicken livers wraped in water chestnuts and bacon and broiled till crisp) and lumpias (Filipino style spring rolls).

I served a chilled Dornfelder Reinhessen red wine that was simply to die for.

Merry Christmas! :)

Can I come to your house next christmas?? I'll bring a nice gift.

Frech Kilt Possum brisket, Grits, Chitlins, red eye gravy and corn pone.
Yum Yum!
You Yankees jest don't know how to eat.

And afterwards snort some red likker and shoot shotguns at the moon.

Now that is a reel Christmas Eatin.

Frech Kilt Possum brisket, Grits, Chitlins, red eye gravy and corn pone.
Yum Yum!
You Yankees jest don't know how to eat.

And afterwards snort some red likker and shoot shotguns at the moon.

Now that is a reel Christmas Eatin.

Sounds like a recipe for bypass surgery.

Southern cooking is tasty but deadly. If it aint breaded and deep fried, it's meat! LOL

Can I come to your house next christmas?? I'll bring a nice gift.

How bout this summer when I break out the BBQ grill? Ox tails are a cut of meat most folks doen't appreciate. Around here their used mostly for soup stock (don't get me wrong...they make great soup stock).

Ox tails are great for braising because of all the gelatin they make (which makes for incredible sauces and gravies).

The asian style is really simple to make too.

Just brown 4 to 5 lbs of oxtails in a large pot. Drain grease and deglaze pot with 1 cup red wine. Let wine reduce by about half and add 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 1 can beef broth and 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3-4 clove garlic, 4-6 x 1/4" slices fresh ginger, 3 green onions sliced into 2" pieces and 4 stems of lemon grass (bruised).

Return Ox tails to the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is fork tender. Remove Ox tails to a large casserole dish. Strain braising liquid, to remove solids, into a bowl and put bowl in the fridge till the grease congeals on top (I prepare a day in advance of serving). Remove the grease and throw it away (now it's heart healthy) the broth will have become a gelatin (that's a very good sign, lots of flavor and nutrition in that gelatin.).

Gently warm up broth and pour over Oxtails and add about 6 oz of sliced shitake mushrooms. Place into a 350 deg oven for 45 minutes. Baste meat about every 10 minutes. When done garnish with the juice of 1 lime and sliced green onion.

Serve meat over a bed of jasmine thai rice. Spoon a generous portion of sauce over meat and rice. (I wouldn't worry about having left overs!:)

Wow you sound like a tough little puppy.

And you sound like a man who is trying to justify acting like a badass towards someone he thought he could bully, and then acting like a coward when faced with a man he couldn't bully.

I think you have proven my point quite well. Yellow looks good on you.

How is that "family honor" feeling now?

And you sound like a man who is trying to justify acting like a badass towards someone he thought he could bully, and then acting like a coward when faced with a man he couldn't bully.

I think you have proven my point quite well. Yellow looks good on you.

How is that "family honor" feeling now?
Again, you call yourself a tough guy, but all I see is a toy poodle, yipping, occasionally pissing on himself, hence the yellow is on you.

My family honor is intact.

Back