Darla and Rune banned, but morons like ILA still here

In my personal opinion - and Darla's quoting of his posts prove this to me - he has broken Rule 14:
"The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment."

I do have him on ignore. I have suggested before that we shun him - that no one respond. Unfortunately, I doubt USF and others will join us in this. And for new people, his posts are extremely offputting; they don't know to put him on ignore from the very start. And anyone browsing the board without logging in has to see his crap.

Apparently Rule 14 is not enforced on this board.

ila does not post soley for reaction, he posts on APP sometimes for example. Rule 14 is about "troll accounts" in the truest sense of the word, not run of the mill assholes.

when I first entered the internets I didn't insult people.

I was a naïve Mom with a kid at home and tried to be Just reasonable and was sure people would come around if you just gave them facts.

I was all nice and was never using invective.

then I met who the right in this country really are.

some of those VERY people are still here.

that first year even though I never insulted people folks like Immanual ( remember Immie guys) told me I was a horrible person and all I ever did was insult people.

I told him to go find one insult of mine.

he could not find one.

I still tried to be nice and then I even left HERE because I thought oh its just these guys and they are playing with me because I am too trusting.

I wondered off into the internets to find reasonable right leaning people.

boy oh boy

I have found NOT ONE reasonable right leaning person who is willing to accept FACTS they don't like.

I have since then vowed off of insulting people twice now .

Both times for a year.

Guess what happened?

tumblr_md55jkAL4R1ryr815o1_500.gif

In my personal opinion - and Darla's quoting of his posts prove this to me - he has broken Rule 14:
"The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment."

I do have him on ignore. I have suggested before that we shun him - that no one respond. Unfortunately, I doubt USF and others will join us in this. And for new people, his posts are extremely offputting; they don't know to put him on ignore from the very start. And anyone browsing the board without logging in has to see his crap.

Apparently Rule 14 is not enforced on this board.

The key phrase from Rule 14 and the loophole big enough to drive a truck with all the righties on the board as passengers through is this mouthful:

"at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team"

In other words, as others have noted, if you are a right wing libertarian its all OK!

The key phrase from Rule 14 and the loophole big enough to drive a truck with all the righties on the board as passengers through is this mouthful: "at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team" In other words, as others have noted, if you are a right wing libertarian its all OK!

Have you read Rule 15?

The key phrase from Rule 14 and the loophole big enough to drive a truck with all the righties on the board as passengers through is this mouthful:

In other words, as others have noted, if you are a right wing libertarian its all OK!

It would be best that you remember that part, droopy.

That sounds like circular thinking to me. We haven't used it so we don't have precedents so we haven't used it so we....

it doesn't mean we would never use it. But so far nothing has really risen to such a level where we have put it into place. If that day ever comes, then we have our benchmark.

Hi, annata - I was out of town for a couple days and not able to post. And didn't want to post after I read about what happened to Darla and that ILA was still posting crap after Dam's "stern warning".

And now Rune is banned? That sucks.

Moderators - is this really what you want? Your board full of ILAs and USFs and no one else? Crack down on them.

Edited: I read that ILA is on "forced ignore" although I don't know what that means. I just hope I can't see his thread titles anymore

Well there IS a "write a rule" contest that has had a grand total of 2 suggestions. But if it's SOOOO EASSSSYYYYY, you guys should be able to tell us how it's done.

I want to add my voice to that.

It does indeed appear that's the direction the mods have taken.

We can't really "go in a direction" for a rule we have never used.

I repeat, rule 14 has virtually never been used. For anybody, on either side.

It's kinda hard to claim a bias for a rule that's never implemented.

The times it has been used, were for banning alt accounts, like legion troll when we wanted to clear some space. The main account was still allowed to stay though.
Most of the complaints I am seeing are from those that want us to just make up a rule on the spot in the name of convenience. That will NEVER happen.

We are always open to suggestions, and adapting moving forward, but if such changes were ever made they would never be retroactive.

Rule 14 is not for those that are offensive, mean, outlandish. If that were the case 70% of the board would be gone.

It's not for people that make you mad.

It's for actual trolls that have no motive other than drama stirring and nothing else.

It's virtually never been used.

It wont be used on ILA

I'm not going to concern myself with MODS jobs; see how this board shakes out, so far (despite the bans) today, after the self imposed drama there is enough good posters to respond to.

If the board gets back to what I first liked about it -i'll stay -if not - no point. really tired of all this, just my opinion.

Ya know, you guys can go to APP....none of that shit you supposedly hate seeing is allowed there....or you can bitch. Whichever. We had the EXACT same discussion last year. And the year before. And the year before.

It almost seems like the movie Groundhog Day... We should call the Mid-September to Mid-October "Drama Month".

We can't really "go in a direction" for a rule we have never used.

I repeat, rule 14 has virtually never been used. For anybody, on either side.

It's kinda hard to claim a bias for a rule that's never implemented.

The times it has been used, were for banning alt accounts, like legion troll when we wanted to clear some space. The main account was still allowed to stay though.
Most of the complaints I am seeing are from those that want us to just make up a rule on the spot in the name of convenience. That will NEVER happen.

We are always open to suggestions, and adapting moving forward, but if such changes were ever made they would never be retroactive.

Rule 14 is not for those that are offensive, mean, outlandish. If that were the case 70% of the board would be gone.

It's not for people that make you mad.

It's for actual trolls that have no motive other than drama stirring and nothing else.

It's virtually never been used.

It wont be used on ILA

I thought I heard that rule 14 was used on Howey awhile back.

Back