Dixie, Im interested in your opinion...

so...damo.. let me get this right.... are you calling me a liar?

are you suggesting that dixie called him a muslim nationalist and I purposely misquoted him?

suggesting that electing American muslims to public office is a bad idea given the fact that we are fighting a war against islamic extremists is pretty telling.

It's pretty telling of a person who is using objective reasoning and logic. In the early days of our country, how many American Indians do you suppose we elected to office? During the Civil War, how many Southerners were elected to Federal office? How many Japanese-Americans were on the ballots in 1945? How many Russian people did we elect to Congress in the 50's, 60's and 70's? Was this because we were just a bunch of bigots? Or did we have sound reasonable objections to certain people holding certain positions of elected office? Is that somewhat prejudiced and discriminatory? Perhaps, but it's not bigoted because it isn't based on a bigoted view.

And Goode did not refrain from voting for a muslim.

What? You mean he VOTED for a Muslim?

He criticized those that did and suggested that it was unamerican for Ellison to take an oath on a quran. that makes him a racist and a bigot in my opinion.

He suggested? Or he stated this verbatim? Again, you are asking us to take your word for it... in your opinion... he "suggested" something, and we should all just genuflect toward Maine, and assume you know more than us mere mortals. I would like to see exactly what the man said, that makes him a bigot or a racist. If you can't prove he is, you have no business claiming he is! Do we need to revisit another unproven allegation about a supposed pedophile in your area?

You have now qualified your remarks, by adding... "in my opinion" to the original statement. Virgil Goode is a bigot, in your opinion. I am fine with that, if it's how you feel. You are entitled to that opinion, and free to express it.

It certainly suggests that there is some similarity and kindred spirit at work that transcends country and patriotism.

Here we are with what you perceive as "suggestions" and how you've made your 'determinations of fact', based on these suppositions. Why do you assume there is something at work? Why do you assume it transcends country and patriotism? What is this "something" you perceive, and what is your basis for it? Could it be, you are a bigot who thinks and feels a certain way about certain people, and you are unwilling to accept or tolerate any other view?

I'm betting when he said "Arab Nationalist" he had more meant "Muslim Nationalist"... If he didn't say "muslim Nationalist" to begin with.

Of course I meant "Muslim Nationalist" or better yet... Islamofascist. I used the term "Arab Nationalist" and prefaced it with "so-called" and even included the quotation marks to denote the context, and Maine immediately took it out of the intended context to form his current diversionary topic dejur.

And yes... the Islamofascists like Armagedongoneinsane and OBL, will exploit the "Arab Nationalist" message to the fullest extent possible, in order to achieve their ultimate objectives. Those who believe they won't, or can't, are fools and idiots.

and once more...if you have a problem with my interpretations of Virgil Goode's statements, get off your lazy illiterate redneck inbred ass and go read his words for yourself. I ain't your fuckin' wetnurse.

- Damocles "I'm betting when he said "Arab Nationalist" he had more meant "Muslim Nationalist"... If he didn't say "muslim Nationalist" to begin with."

-Dixie: "Of course I meant "Muslim Nationalist" or better yet... Islamofascist"

LOL! Classic!

Damo rides to Dixie's rescue, pitches him a slow-moving softball, and Dixie hits it out of the park!

so...damo.. let me get this right.... are you calling me a liar?

are you suggesting that dixie called him a muslim nationalist and I purposely misquoted him?
I said, he likely meant the one when he stated the other. I simply stated that he may have stated the other as well... I'm not going to research the quote. I think that Muslim Nationalists are a danger to us, regardless of whether they are Arabs...

- Damocles "I'm betting when he said "Arab Nationalist" he had more meant "Muslim Nationalist"... If he didn't say "muslim Nationalist" to begin with."

-Dixie: "Of course I meant "Muslim Nationalist" or better yet... Islamofascist"

LOL! Classic!

Damo rides to Dixie's rescue, pitches him a slow-moving softball, and Dixie hits it out of the park!
Right... "rides to the rescue..." I could write your posts for you. If I attempt to put forward what I understand something to mean, if it were written by any right-leaning person whatsoever, I am "riding to their rescue"...

This gets so very tired...

I said, he likely meant the one when he stated the other. I simply stated that he may have stated the other as well... I'm not going to research the quote. I think that Muslim Nationalists are a danger to us, regardless of whether they are Arabs...

you simply stated that you'd bet he said one thing and I purposely misquoted him.

you simply stated that you'd bet he said one thing and I purposely misquoted him.
I stated nothing of the sort. I said, "he likely meant this, and MAY have said it...." if you want your sensibilities hurt go ahead and feel hurt. I never stated you misquoted anybody.

If you seek to have your feelings hurt, you look for meaning in statements that is not there and pretend.... You can feel hurt if you wish, but I won't play into that one. My meaning was clear in this case, if you wish to add substance to a possibility and pretend that it was stated as fact then you may all you wish.

I think what maineman "meant" to say, was that you pitched Dixie a softball to hit out of the park, when the monumentally misinformed dixie has a history of conflating ALL muslim groups - regardless of their goals and ethnicity - under the simple-minded banner of "islamofascism"

;)

I'm betting when he said "Arab Nationalist" he had more meant "Muslim Nationalist"... If he didn't say "muslim Nationalist" to begin with.

whatever.... does Dixie look as hot to YOU in bluejeans as Dubya looks to him?

Dixie is a big boy.... he doesn't need you to serve as his fucking publicist.... and...he DIDN'T say "mulsim nationalist" to begin with....I should have just taken you up on your bet.

Dixie,
Virgil Goode is a constitutional officer of the United States
. He's not some anonymous poster on a political forum. He should not be making religion a test for public office. He suggests that having muslim-americans as congressmen is a threat to the nation. Constitutional officers should not engage in religious fear-mongering.

This needed repeating

whatever.... does Dixie look as hot to YOU in bluejeans as Dubya looks to him?

Dixie is a big boy.... he doesn't need you to serve as his fucking publicist.... and...he DIDN'T say "mulsim nationalist" to begin with....I should have just taken you up on your bet.
What does "IF" mean? Silly pretense of possibility to fact, as I stated.

Thank you for providing the quote of the fact that I stated it as a possibility not a certainty. If you wish to feel all hurt over it and cry, go ahead. I think it is just plain silly to attempt to spin it that way....

I stated a possibility, you want to take that possibility and pretend I meant it as fact then you can. Don't expect everybody to cry for you though.

I suppose, then, that it is a distinct possibility that you have sex with sheep... or that your do, in fact, get a woodie thinking of Dixie in bluejeans.

no harm no foul.... just possibilities here, no accusations.

we're cool.

I suppose, then, that it is a distinct possibility that you have sex with sheep... or that your do, in fact, get a woodie thinking of Dixie in bluejeans.

no harm no foul.... just possibilities here, no accusations.

we're cool.
Whatever. I am sure it is a possibility that anybody does such things. However, there is a higher probability of one over the other. It is easy to take people's posts out of context or to assign "fact" to a "possibility"... Or to take advantage of a mistatement of meaning.

It is one reason why I am quick to take responsibility for a mistatement and to make clear any unclear statement. This is a running conversation...

If you wish to gaud me into some inane sheep battle you will be troubled by my lack of response. I have no way to care less than zero as to whether you assign such inanities to my lifestyle.

In short, I remain unoffended by the mention of such a possibility.

no offense was intended. you put forth the possibility that I was a purposeful liar...I put forth another possibility...and unlike yours, mine was obviously in jest

no offense was intended. you put forth the possibility that I was a purposeful liar...I put forth another possibility...and unlike yours, mine was obviously in jest
Rubbish. I gave myself the possibility that one may have mistaken wording. It has happened before on this site. It's all good though.

Give it up and call that wahmbulance. You are still crying over a statement that didn't say what you insist it did....

We have known each other for a long time, since when have I ever called you a liar? Instead of seeking the most virulent meaning in my post you could use a bit of our history and knowledge of each other and work with that knowledge to see if I was working to insult you.... or you could pretend that I am out there attempting to "call you a liar"...

It's a choice you make.

I prefer to remain unaffected by a silly statement of possibility. In fact I found it humorous.

Back