Don't Piss Off Israel!

Desh said:
Arguing with toby is like trying to reason with a tree
No, I don't think so. Trees don't generally whine or insult you. It's more like arguing with a three year old. A three year old chimpanzee, maybe.

:D

800,000 displaced and homeless civilians = disproportionate response.

Lebanon only has 3 million citizens.

Cypress said:
800,000 displaced and homeless civilians = disproportionate response.

Lebanon only has 3 million citizens.
I agree.

In general, I think that responding to acts of terrorism by committing acts of terrorism is both immoral and stupid. Even if one disagrees with my moral judgement, it still won't achieve the stated goal, so why argue?

And Israel's incursion into Lebanon in this instance is indeed an act of terrorism. They're trying to terrorize the Lebanese population into expelling Hezbollah. To achieve that goal, they're willing to slaughter hundreds or even thousands of non-combatants.

OrnotBitwise said:
I agree.

In general, I think that responding to acts of terrorism by committing acts of terrorism is both immoral and stupid. Even if one disagrees with my moral judgement, it still won't achieve the stated goal, so why argue?

And Israel's incursion into Lebanon in this instance is indeed an act of terrorism. They're trying to terrorize the Lebanese population into expelling Hezbollah. To achieve that goal, they're willing to slaughter hundreds or even thousands of non-combatants.

oh, you mean like what the usa DID BY DROPPING THE ATOMIC BOMB? Are we now rewriting history to call this terrorism as Anyold describes and now you too?

btw, I am against what was done, dropping the bomb....

Care4all said:
oh, you mean like what the usa DID BY DROPPING THE ATOMIC BOMB? Are we now rewriting history to call this terrorism as Anyold describes and now you too?

btw, I am against what was done, dropping the bomb....
No, I want to undo the rewriting that's already been done.

My grandfather -- both of them, actually, at least indirectly -- helped build the first nukes. My mother grew up at Los Alamos. And yes, I think that using the bomb on Japan was, in effect, an act of terrorism. Aimed at the Soviets, ironically enough, but I digress.

Hezbollah is clearly committing the worst kind of terrorism by lobbing rockets into Israeli cities. No doubt, no argument. These are heinous acts and the perpetrators should probably be strung up by their balls . . . if they could be found and caught. That's the rub.

It's totally understandable that the Israelis are furious and want revenge. Who wouldn't? I would if someone fired a bunch of rockets into San Francisco or New York. Wanting revenge doesn't give you the right to take it, however.

The Israelis are, right now, killing hundreds of innocent Lebanese civilians -- men, women, children and little babies too young to be called anything but innocent -- in order to cull out certain individuals. That's wrong. I'm sorry, but I can't see it any other way. I'm sure that their intentions are good: most of the Israelis would rather not kill any civilians. Their intentions don't cut any mustard, however. They've still decided that those innocent deaths are an acceptable cost for their goal. This judgment makes them no different from the terrorists.

Yes, this does mean that I find any and all preemptive, proactive war immoral. Ours and everybody else's. As far as I'm concerned, the ONLY legitimate use of military force is purely defensive.

Thus the Brit Soldiers in Iraq are terrorist???

Are Brit soldiers in Iraq targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure with the aim of creating political change via terror?

I haven't whined nor have I insulted anyone, seems to me that I am the one being insulted. Typical lib attack and distortion. I made very clear posts that should not be hard to understand.

toby2 said:
You ignore all the rockets the hezbo fired before this incursion. And I think Israel has been restrained. And as I said before, How do you know those killed are civilians? Hezbos don't wear uniforms.

To state that Hizbollah firing rockets into Israel started this is to ignore the last sixty years of history.

Israel haven't been restrained, they have acted in the same manner as Hizbollah, targetting civilians.

The IDF is as much a terrorist organisation as Hizbollah.

Hexbollah tend to wear a uniform of sorts. But many of those killed are women and children, entire residential areas devastated.

Are you not watching the news, or is the US news giving it the usual pro-Israel slant?

But innocents are killed in wars. Especially when one side uses them as shields. I suggest that all those killed in lebanon are NOT civilians.

Ornot innocent civilians don't have rockets on the roof of thier homes.

Are you not watching the news? Are women, children and aid workers terrorists now?

Your support and apologetics for Israeli terrorism is shocking.

But innocents are killed in wars. Especially when one side uses them as shields. I suggest that all those killed in lebanon are NOT civilians.

Innocents should not be targeted in wars. When civilians are targeted with the aim of bringing political change that is terrorism.

Israeli troops are in Haifa, does that justify Hizbollah's rockets?

You are nothing but an apologist for terrorism....

Israel has rejected a United Nations call for a three-day truce in southern Lebanon, as US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice arrives in Israel.
The UN says children, the elderly and disabled people are trapped and supplies are short.

But an Israeli spokesman said there was no need for a truce as a humanitarian corridor to the area had been opened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5226996.stm

AnyOldIron said:
To state that Hizbollah firing rockets into Israel started
Are you not watching the news, or is the US news giving it the usual pro-Israel slant?

For the most part, major U.S. news outlets are indeed still mechanically pro-Israel. I feel like I'm beginning to see some hitches in the clockwork, but that's purely subjective. They're very few even if I'm right.

toby2 said:
Yes, innocents are killed in wars. That's why war should be avoided at almost any cost.

The Israelis have decided -- or their government has decided: I still hope that their public opinion may swing against it -- that killing innocents is acceptable in pursuit of their "higher" goal. This is exactly the same decision that the leaders of Hezbollah have made.

So, what's your point?

For the most part, major U.S. news outlets are indeed still mechanically pro-Israel. I feel like I'm beginning to see some hitches in the clockwork, but that's purely subjective. They're very few even if I'm right.

Yeah, I saw ABCNews the other night.

Any read the post, don't keep reaping the some old crap. Israel is not targeting civilians, Hezbo is. they just sent three rockets into a daycare center in Israel, Guess that is okay they would be future member of the IDF?

Israel was not in Lebanon, they were not in Gaza and yet they are attacked again and again from these areas.

Back