Drunk Rodney King Shot! BAC get yo ass over to LA and teach those Korean Store Owners

Again, you have no actual proof of my intelligence. You can say I'm stupid as much as you want, but you can't back it up with any sort of argument.

Men are victims of sexism...to say that it never happens makes you about as ignorant as any other bigot.

By the way, you are a racist for assuming I'm white...you have no idea what ethnicity I am.

Dude,

There is no institutional bias against white men in this country. There might be a handful of cases here and there, of a white man getting screwed out of something. I've never seen a case personally. I have no idea why some con men cry like toddlers about alleged sexism against men. White men are the top of the food chain, and hold the more priviledged position of any society in world history. Which really isn't right.

Dude,

There is no institutional bias against white men in this country. There might be a handful of cases here and there, of a white man getting screwed out of something. I've never seen a case personally. I have no idea why some con men cry like toddlers about alleged sexism against men. White men are the top of the food chain, and hold the more priviledged position of any society in world history. Which really isn't right.

I never said there was institutional bias against white men....first of all (racist), you are assuming that I am white, and therefore you are assuming that I am talking about white men.

Secondly, just because there is no institutional bias against men does not mean that it never happens. It is sexist to claim that sexism only occurs against women (otherwise it would be called misogyny, not sexism), and it is racist to assume that I'm talking only about white men.

Racism is most easily overcome by knowledge and the only way to gain that is if we talk to each other. Dismissing a person because of such thought only perpetuates the problem.

I'm afraid that's not how it works in the real world.

The best way to treat the manifestation of racism is to reject it, period.

The gains this nation has made has not come through listening to racists. That's what America did for hundreds of years and it yielded nothing but more of the same.

Added to that reality is the demographics of America has changed and continues to change and the rejection of racism is fast becoming a neccessity of this nation's survival.

We already know what racist think.

What's new to listen to?

I'm afraid that's not how it works in the real world.

The best way to treat the manifestation of racism is to reject it, period.

The gains this nation has made has not come through listening to racists. That's what America did for hundreds of years and it yielded nothing but more of the same.

Added to that reality is the demographics of America has changed and continues to change and the rejection of racism is fast becoming a neccessity of this nation's survival.

We already know what racist think.

What's new to listen to?
Yes, but rejecting them outright is what allows pockets of them to continue to exist. No one said that racists have to be listened to, but alienating a group of people (the irony!) is not the way to achieve social understanding.

Yes, but rejecting them outright is what allows pockets of them to continue to exist. No one said that racists have to be listened to, but alienating a group of people (the irony!) is not the way to achieve social understanding.

Pockets of them will always exist. I doubt if anyone here believes that racism or sexism can be eliminated, that's not the goal nor was it ever. The goal is for them to be diminshed and made unimportant. This thread serves as a microcosim of that goal. I doubt if this was the outcome Dano expected when he posts this stupidity and it was rejected as such. Now he considers running off into oblivion with some thing called "Dixie."

There is a vivid track record of how best to achieve social understanding and that is to DEAL with the issues of a multi-cultural, multi-racial society and there can never be a place at the table for racism or sexism.

The way you respond to the women on here in a highly derogatory manner.

I respond to you as a retard because that is what you are; perhaps you could show me how I have been "highly derogatory" to the other women?

You have any posts or quotes?

Wouldn't a feminist that calls her/himself a Nazi in any form be like a black klansman?

Wow, you must really be reaching for something to pin on me now.

The fact that my custom title says "Grammar Nazi" is more of a reflection of my love of the English language, and it seems rather sad of you to attempt to portray it as anything else.

Probably your least intelligent post, BAC.

The way you respond to the women on here in a highly derogatory manner.

Well, two points.

First, there is no way he is a "feminist". He is a feminist the same way certain libertarians call themselves "true liberals" referring to their worship of neoliberal economic policies.

Secondly, i will have to say you can't use his responses to me as examples of how he speaks to women, because frankly I thought this guy was a dope from about his third post and have treated him as such since, so I wouldn't expect him to have anything good to say about me. Nor would I want him saying something good about me, it would worry me. I'd feel like Tiana the day Dano congratulated her on a post.

Frankly I don't find much value or point in talking to you. Your racism is obvious sir, and your comments are unlearned and uneducated.

However, I'll play and offer my perspective on the LA Riots, although I'm not going to spend much time talking to a racist, which you undoubtedly are.

Your suggestion that police brutality in LA was not a problem before King was stupid to the nth degree. LA had gained an infamous reputation for police brutality, a brutality that quite often took the lives of innocent people, even children. Seemingly, nothing worked to abate this terrorism that innocent people had to live with everyday. I lived in LA for a while so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

The LA Riots was the inevitable consequence of racism in American society, no differently than was the Detroit Riots, or the unrest of the 60's. That is something you do not have the capacity to internalize or understand, racism has consequences. Everyone in LA, including the Korean shop owner were victims of the consequences of having a racist police force, a truth that has been validated by various independent panels and oversight.

Unfortunately, people who are not themselves victims of oppression don't act to stop it until the oppressed rise up in anger. Although Dr. King is attributed with much of the success of the Civil Rights era, in truth, Malcolm X, Angela Davis, Black Panthers, and many others who took a militant and aggressive stand against racism equally played a significant role in that success. America awakened to the consequence of racism.

I don't expect you to understand any of this because you don't have th capacity to do so .. but there is a truth that I learned long ago .. racism is a mechanism for those who themselves feel inferior, like you for instance. It is only needed to keep other people down because the racist doesn't feel they can compete in an open society.

Let me give you the sports analogy, something you might have the capacity to interpret. Racism kept blacks out of sports, not because whites were superior, but because racists didn't feel they could compete with them. They told fools like you of their glorious god-given superiority, but a guy named Jesse Owens had a different story to tell and he told it to Hitler and all the idiots who believed that there was such a thing as racial superiority.

Do you know what THE most important sporting event in American history was? .. It was the 1966 NCAA Mens Basketball Championship between an all-white Kentucky team coached by Adolph Rupp and a little known all-black Texas-Westen team. Kentucky was favored by a huge margin .. but then the reality set in and Texas Western ran all over Kentucky handing them an embarrassing defeat. At the time, there was an unwriiten rule that major colleges shoudn't have more than one or possibly two black players on the floor at any time. After the humilating defeat of Kentucky, schools like Nevada-Las Vegas, Louisville, Detroit, and many other schools started to not only recruit black athletes, but put black or nearly all-black players on the floor and it made their coaches famous and brought the schools titles and championships. That dynamic soon trickled over into all sports .. with the exception of the holy position of quarterback.

I'd explain that dynamic, quarterback, and how it relates to Vick, but I don't want to spend anymore time than necessary talking to you.

Suffice it to say that I understand your FEAR and dementia, even if you don't. As in sports, it wasn't that blacks weren't equally capable athletes, it was the fear that they might be better than racist people like you that kept them out of the game. Once the door was KICKED open we've excelled at every facet of sports .. which is also true of the greater society.

You don't like me because I kick your ass intellectually. It's hard to maintain your false belief that there is anything special about you while I put the cyber-boot up your uneducated ass.

Don't get it twisted, there ain't nothing special about me either. I'm just people, comfortable around other people who can interact with other people who are not concerned about any inferiority among any of us.

You sir, do not have that capacity, but then again, that understanding requires intelligence and spirituality .. qualities that you have yet to demonstrate.

Rights are determined by what you can demand .. if you cannot demand them, they are not your rights. Such is life.

Hope that clears it up ... my brother.

dano2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, two points.

First, there is no way he is a "feminist". He is a feminist the same way certain libertarians call themselves "true liberals" referring to their worship of neoliberal economic policies.
Again, I assume you can back this up. I am still waiting for any sort of evidence on your part, other than just repeated attacks on my person (all I can think is that you have trouble keeping up with my posts, and that threatens you).

Secondly, i will have to say you can't use his responses to me as examples of how he speaks to women, because frankly I thought this guy was a dope from about his third post and have treated him as such since, so I wouldn't expect him to have anything good to say about me. Nor would I want him saying something good about me, it would worry me. I'd feel like Tiana the day Dano congratulated her on a post.
Even if my responses were counted, what have I said to you that reflects that you are a woman or that I hate women?

There isn't a sentence in any of my posts that would suggest that....please, drop the McCarthyist Witch hunt and argue about something more substantial.

Here in Australia we got the same news reports as were aired in the US. We go the few minutes grab of the video of the incident. I remember being in pretty high dudgeon at what I'd seen. Now I have to say I had visited some police establishments in LA (several times to the Academy) on my trips to the US and found the LAPD cops to be highly trained and professional, if a bit military gung-ho for my liking, but that's just me, I don't believe in militarism in policiing. But LA isn't like anywhere in Australia so I figured they were reflecting the hazards of their job.

Anyway I watched the news and read the papers and I thought they were goners.

I returned to LA while the Simi Valley trial was under way and discussed it with an ex-LAPD friend of mine. I couldn't help it, I just blurted out how the King incident looked really bad and the cops were out of control. He took issue with me. He'd been watching the whole trial on Court TV (he's a writer) and told me that what had been seen on the news and portrayed in the press was a fraction of what had happened and that in his opinion the cops had used appropriate tactics and force. I still wasn't convinced but all I had was the news footage so how was I to argue?

I remember the day of the acquittal. It was my last day in LA on that trip before flying out from LAX in the early evening to come home. I was poodling around downtown LA in the rental car, just having a last look around before heading home. I remember driving through what looked in retrospect suspiciously like the area where Reginald Denny came to grief. I remember remarking to my then wife that it was very quiet. I'd forgotten that the trial was ending.

I took the rental car back to LAX and caught the shuttle back to the terminal and did all those pre-flight things you do. I remember sitting in a lounge in the airport drinking beer and watching a yuppie couple trying to talk to the Vietnamese lady in the bar. Problem was they were speaking Spanish to her. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes. I had no idea that at that moment LA was burning. When I got back to Aus I was stunned.

I went back on another trip not that long after. I saw my friend again and we discussed the whole thing at length. I bought Stacey Koon's book (yes, I know you could call it self-serving) and read it when I got back home again. This was after the federal trial if I remember rightly. I read much of what Koon's attorney wrote about both trials. I read the reports of the plea bargains and deals that were going on in the federal process.

I believe the cops were victims of political necessity, I really do. I saw the longer version of the tape. Koon was in control and giving orders. Yes they were striking King with PR24 batons but it wasn't an out-of-control pile-on, it was cold-blooded application of force.

Many of you will dispute this. Fair enough, all I can do is tell you what my experiences were. I'm not a reflexive knee-jerk defender of the police, I'm not too happy with the speed with which the taser seems to being used in various jurisdictions these days (I'm told I'm close to becoming a dinosaur) but I do believe that injustice was done to the cops.

The irony of the CHP being involved in the start of the King situation wasn't lost on me at the time. I remember reading accounts of the events that precipitated the Watts riots of 1966, CHP was at the beginning of that one too. An eerie historical echo.

Interesting analysis here - http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/trials24.htm

Wow, you must really be reaching for something to pin on me now.

The fact that my custom title says "Grammar Nazi" is more of a reflection of my love of the English language, and it seems rather sad of you to attempt to portray it as anything else.

Probably your least intelligent post, BAC.

I'm not trying to pin anything on you and I'm not calling you a nazi.

But would a feminist identify themselves as a nazi in any shape, form, or fashion? That's a serious question.

It seems as contradictory as a black klansman .. which by the way I'm not calling you either.

Dano,

I have not found anything of substance in BAC's posts thus far, and make me disdain statist liberalism more each day. However, I think perhaps you're dealing with a generational thing here (I don't know your age). I was in high school in the early-mid '90's and the Rodney King beating was a very serious event to those of us who were trying to expand our minds and learn to not be racist (amongst many, many white racists at our school).

When you say "get yo ass over to LA" to BAC, that kinda hints at (mild) racism to me. The only opinion which is important here is yours, but you might re-evaluate what someone else might perceive when reading your post, even if in your mind there was no intended malice. It's just a suggestion, take it for what you will.

The riots were no joke. I was in school at USC when the riots broke out. The national guard actually made its base right next to campus. It was right during finals and the school actually made finals optional as many kids got the hell out of dodge. It was quite a site to drive down the 10 freeway and see all the fires buring.

Back