evince disappeared

Silly. You're not using your logic. :D:D

Hello Controlled Opposition,

How lame. There you go. Attacking the person, not the argument. If you wanted to say something positive about Russia, why they are somehow no threat to us, why it would be OK for us to drop our guard, that would be your choice. I can't see making such an argument, but we believe differently on that. It appears to be so difficult to make that position, that you falsely justify resorting to a petty personal attack.

Russia is an adversary. It is run by a tyrant who is subverting their constitution to become dictator for life. He is an ex KGB guy who knows no bounds and uses dirty tricks to get what he wants. Their system is completely corrupt and he has to play dirty to stay on top. People who oppose his view get poisoned. No. I can never condone that. Calling it out has nothing to do with me. It's not even about me. Poverty reins in Russia worse than the USA. Everything is payola there. There is official law, and there is the pay-off to get something done. And it all trickles up to the top, to Putin, who is very rich and lives the life of luxury and power, at others' expense, sometimes to the point of the ultimate price.

Saying so is not 'Russia-phobia.' It is being realistic.

Evince was over the top nasty to anyone who disagrees with her, and also certainly a bit extreme with the accusations of everyone being a Russian bot, but at least some of that is probably on the mark. Our intelligence agencies concluded that is what the Russians did and are doing. They infiltrate our discussion boards and social media, try to stir up hate, try to get us as emotional and polarized as possible. They want us angry at one another, unable to discuss and function. Evince took that bait, hook line and sinker. We need to stay above that. The most patriotic thing we can do is to respect one another and keep the lines of communication open if at all possible. That is exactly what my approach does, and why I recommend it for everyone to adopt my approach, copy my PIP, put it into action. If everyone did that, our discussions would move up to a higher level and we would all benefit.

Also, if more people did as I do, we would see an influx of more intellectual posters. The way the board currently goes, it drives good people away.
you have no clues about Russia. US sanctions have greatly increased the economic doldrums -and as a result have driven Russia closer to China ( to our peril) overturnig 40 years of NIxon's China card strategy

your overly simplistic look at Putin's "dirty tricks" he is still the most popular politician in Russia.
No other leader can come close to his abilities for Russia
~~

As to social media -do you think our CIA doesn't meddle in foreign affairs elections? You need a better worldview.
We meddled in the Ukraine Euromaidan for ex. , an as a result put Putin in a situation
where he was forced to annex Crmea for guaranteed access to Sevastopol (Russian fleet)

And what do you care about how Russia governs itself -is it any business of the USA?

finally do you have any clue of what NATO expansion, ( which James Baker lied to Gorbachev about not doing)
has put us into Cold War 2.0..
Warhawks like yourself are why any detente' with Russia is impossible, even though we had detente with Russia during Cold War 1.. Your geopolitical abilities are non-existent

I don't have a side. I have never voted for a Republican. In the last election, I voted for Jill Stein. JPoutrage? Sweetie, you are the one who huffs and puffs and can't get over your name-calling.

Why don't you ask PoliTalker why he never holds you to the civility standard? I should ask him, but his posts are often longer than my attention span.

No one expects you to be calm and polite. No one expects it from me either. But I'll tell you what, getting back on subject, most people are either polite or indifferent to my presence, few would notice if I stopped posting.

I would!

Hello dukkha,

you have no clues about Russia. US sanctions have greatly increased the economic doldrums -and as a result have driven Russia closer to China ( to our peril) overturnig 40 years of NIxon's China card strategy

your overly simplistic look at Putin's "dirty tricks" he is still the most popular politician in Russia.
No other leader can come close to his abilities for Russia
~~

As to social media -do you think our CIA doesn't meddle in foreign affairs elections? You need a better worldview.
We meddled in the Ukraine Euromaidan for ex. , an as a result put Putin in a situation
where he was forced to annex Crmea for guaranteed access to Sevastopol (Russian fleet)

And what do you care about how Russia governs itself -is it any business of the USA?

finally do you have any clue of what NATO expansion, ( which James Baker lied to Gorbachev about not doing)
has put us into Cold War 2.0..
Warhawks like yourself are why any detente' with Russia is impossible, even though we had detente with Russia during Cold War 1.. Your geopolitical abilities are non-existent

If Russia had a leader like Gorbachev, we could work towards better relations. We need a leader who will not kiss Putin's feet, one to stand up for America and the free world.

Biden is the man for that job.

We need a leader who will not kiss Putin's feet, one to stand up for America and the free world. Biden is the man for that job.

Several practical initiatives by the Trump administration have bolstered Europe’s defenses.

Most importantly, Washington has fortified NATO’s Enhanced Forward Presence along its eastern flank, whereby troops are rotated in several front-line states through four multinational NATO battle groups that total some 4,500 soldiers. Poland has also offered to permanently host a larger contingent of American troops.

In addition, despite vehement Russian opposition, the Trump administration has expanded the alliance in the Balkans by bringing in Montenegro and North Macedonia, and is keeping the door open to other aspirants.

U.S. weapons sales have also been directed at helping NATO members deter Moscow’s aggression. Most notably, Poland and Romania have purchased Patriot missile systems from the U.S. F-16 fighter jets have been sold to several allies along NATO’s eastern flank. And Ukraine and Georgia have purchased Javelin anti-tank missiles to bolster their defenses against Russian forces.

NATO has also increased the volume of military exercises in Europe. The Defender 2020 exercises, scheduled between February and June 2020, would have been the third largest alliance mobilization in Europe since the Cold War. This strategic level exercise, involving more than 20,000 troops and heavy equipment, was intended to test the U.S. Army’s capabilities in rapidly deploying large units to deter Russia’s persistent military threats along NATO’s eastern borders.

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/472534-trumps-russia-scorecard

Back