Half the country will vote for Trump. What is his appeal?

I never said politically guided. I posted increased federal funding to bring poorer schools up to speed.

In some schools kids have to share 10-year-old textbooks. In 90210, they are given iPads. Which group of students are more likely to grow up, go to college and become successful, productive taxpayers?
Which schools are those that do not get at least chromebooks? I have seen some of the poorest schools, they usually have at least chromebooks if not tablets.

Which schools are those that do not get at least chromebooks? I have seen some of the poorest schools, they usually have at least chromebooks if not tablets.
I don't know off hand. The point being results count. Too many Americans are poorly educated and underemployed.

No doubt Colorado is progressive in schools. Not all states are.

Do you agree that our nation benefits from a healthy and educated workforce? Do you agree that the path forward in a competitive world is for our citizens to be working in tech fields, not putting lug nuts on cars or making jeans?

I don't know off hand. The point being results count. Too many Americans are poorly educated and underemployed.

No doubt Colorado is progressive in schools. Not all states are.

Do you agree that our nation benefits from a healthy and educated workforce? Do you agree that the path forward in a competitive world is for our citizens to be working in tech fields, not putting lug nuts on cars or making jeans?
I think education is important, I just don't believe that there are many schools out there without at least this. While textbooks may be old, even the least funded counties here have functional Chromebooks and tablets, especially after Covid. Back then they handed out wifi hotspots like they were paper.

I think education is important, I just don't believe that there are many schools out there without at least this. While textbooks may be old, even the least funded counties here have functional Chromebooks and tablets, especially after Covid. Back then they handed out wifi hotspots like they were paper.
As noted previously, about 92% of school funding is state and local, split about 50/50. Poor counties result in poor schools as the link below points out. It doesn't say if they have Chromebooks and free wifi.

As noted previously, about 92% of school funding is state and local, split about 50/50. Poor counties result in poor schools as the link below points out. It doesn't say if they have Chromebooks and free wifi.

The point of this thread is to say that those counties have old textbooks and the other counties have tablets. I am here to tell you that after Covid even the poor counties have tablets and laptops, at the very least Chromebooks. Even those counties with rural folks had hotspots to give to kids that were out of the reach of wireline internet providers. That these schools are somehow limited to those old textbooks is a false premise.

Where our schools suffer is teachers' pay, and therefore often in specifically teachers... When in comparison to the pay that they can get at other counties, it isn't that those other counties have tablets, it is that their funds go from the county up to the State and the state reapportions monies to the schools based on "need". Some rural counties are treated like crap by that system of funding, as they do not have a ton of kids on welfare and therefore do not meet the "need" as measured by the State. This happens more often in States run by Democrats as Farmers are just "dumb hicks" and don't have that "need" that DIE measures. Some very highly funded schools are some of the worst inner city schools by their measures and funding formulas.

Reactions: TOP
You are a Trump supporter and you are on here complaining about an actual DISCUSSION (albeit heated at times) while YOUR GUY was busy having a 39 minute dance party INSTEAD OF TAKING QUESTIONS.

I'd say you are in a glass house throwing stones.
I did not compare anything... but you are entitled to your opinion... And I wasn't complaining...I was just being truthful....

The point of this thread is to say that those counties have old textbooks and the other counties have tablets. I am here to tell you that after Covid even the poor counties have tablets and laptops, at the very least Chromebooks. Even those counties with rural folks had hotspots to give to kids that were out of the reach of wireline internet providers. That these schools are somehow limited to those old textbooks is a false premise.

Where our schools suffer is teachers' pay, and therefore often in specifically teachers... When in comparison to the pay that they can get at other counties, it isn't that those other counties have tablets, it is that their funds go from the county up to the State and the state reapportions monies to the schools based on "need". Some rural counties are treated like crap by that system of funding, as they do not have a ton of kids on welfare and therefore do not meet the "need" as measured by the State. This happens more often in States run by Democrats as Farmers are just "dumb hicks" and don't have that "need" that DIE measures. Some very highly funded schools are some of the worst inner city schools by their measures.
Has there been any data showing better outcomes for students in relation to higher pay for teachers in the public school systems?

My gut feeling says the two are unrelated.

Has there been any data showing better outcomes for students in relation to higher pay for teachers in the public school systems?

That was one of my points. There are some well paid teachers in comparison at some very troubled schools in the inner city. Often well protected by Unions as well as well paid. Those students are not being well served, but it isn't due to lack of funding. Then, the rural students lack funding because the tax dollars are reapportioned by the State DIE schedule of "need" and it tends to hurt those places due to their lack of ability to pay well...

Everybody loses a chance at a good education when the most important way to apportion the money is measured in a way that devalues the education and instead values a political agenda.

The richest counties are able to fund schools with more direct mill levies that they pass for that purpose. The poorer rural counties cannot yet their dollars are first sent to the state for reapportionment and they are deemed less "needful" by the political measure and do not get all the money that they pay into the system back.

Where our schools suffer is teachers' pay, and therefore often in specifically teachers... When in comparison to the pay that they can get at other counties, it isn't that those other counties have tablets, it is that their funds go from the county up to the State and the state reapportions monies to the schools based on "need". Some rural counties are treated like crap by that system of funding, as they do not have a ton of kids on welfare and therefore do not meet the "need" as measured by the State. This happens more often in States run by Democrats as Farmers are just "dumb hicks" and don't have that "need" that DIE measures. Some very highly funded schools are some of the worst inner city schools by their measures.
Who paid for them? What about maintenance and replacement? Kids are hard on equipment.

Agreed about teacher's pay. Then there's this problem:

aZobe79.jpeg

My sister was a teacher in public and private schools.
She was paid significantly less in the private school.
Kids had to turn in homework for a grade as well as regular tests in the private school. Nobody failed but a 'D' was given if minimal effort was made by the student.
No student in the public school got less than a 'B' and almost all got A's.
Almost all the kids in the private school went on to college.
Almost none of the kids in the public school went.

Reactions: Joe
I did not compare anything... but you are entitled to your opinion... And I wasn't complaining...I was just being truthful....

If you complain about one but not the other the one you don't complain about is your guy you are effectively comparing his 39 minute dance party favorably to an actual Q&A.

If you can't see that it might be part of the problem

If you complain about one but not the other the one you don't complain about is your guy you are effectively comparing his 39 minute dance party favorably to an actual Q&A.

If you can't see that it might be part of the problem
I am not comparing them... I saw
the interview...I didn't see this dance party you're talking about... ;)

Back