Harassment/cyberbullies

It doesn't mention anything about harm, it mentions just the act of altering posts, and it is illegal.

Altering what is in a quote box is not illegal. "Posing" is illegal, depending on how and why it was done. Some of the rules here actually make sense.

So, had he logged in as "Ranaa" and started saying stuff that made it obvious he knew who you are, where, etc. in a way that was a threat, it would be illegal. Or had he altered the quotes to do so, or to start threatening people in some way or another it would be illegal. I deleted one that was walking that line.

A quick "fixed it for ya" quote change isn't going to land anybody in jail.

Damocles will confirm I never asked to have you banned. I don't work that way. I am well equipped to take care of your crap by myself and you and everyone can now see. You are a liar. That's the bottom line. You lie and you cheat. Now, until you assure me that you will never alter my words when you quote me, then this trolling will continue. Your choice.

this is true. I told him that it wasn't against the rules to alter a post a bit with a "fixed it for ya" type of post. He decided to make it his mission to change our board to fit the way he wanted it and was willing to break the rules to get there.

Altering what is in a quote box is not illegal. "Posing" is illegal, depending on how and why it was done. Some of the rules here actually make sense.

So, had he logged in as "Ranaa" and started saying stuff that made it obvious he knew who you are, where, etc. in a way that was a threat, it would be illegal. Or had he altered the quotes to do so, or to start threatening people in some way or another it would be illegal. I deleted one that was walking that line.

A quick "fixed it for ya" quote change isn't going to land anybody in jail.

He was editing under my name, looking like I had made the statement, are you saying that is not illegal?

It is easy, you just email the Attorney General in Texas, show him the posts you have altered, and the rest is history.

I wouldn't call my bluff if I were you!

You might want to read your own post, before you go and make yourself look like a bigger fool; unless you're saying that Alias has created a web site!

Well, I guess there is a way to find out, isn't there.

He thinks he is being cute, what he is doing is illegal.

I have had this crap up to my eyebrows.

I will be making a copy of all the posts that he has altered and with enough of them...

It is the reason people get away with this kind of thing, they don't think anyone is going to do anything about it.

I am fed up with the harassment.

Does this mean that you saved all the posts that the Kennel Klub Kabal changed, on the old AOL site, and you're going to submit them also??

just what I expected...let's all watch the Yurturd come to the defense of the guy who posted some of the filthiest garbage possible about Rana!

Way to show everyone what a REAL MAN does for a woman being assaulted!

Like your behavior towards women has been so great.

He was editing under my name, looking like I had made the statement, are you saying that is not illegal?

Yes, quote boxes are not posting under your name, they are a part of the post and are made under the name of the person who posts them...

Does this mean that you saved all the posts that the Kennel Klub Kabal changed, on the old AOL site, and you're going to submit them also??

Hahahahaha...no, when her buddies did it it was funny. And "if you didn't like it you could leave"...budnfrog's favorite dismissal line. Interestingly enough while investigating laws being broken, I found that when darla called my home 3 different times asking for my then minor daughter and twice asking for my husband...(she even left 3 messages on my answering machine as well as her moms and her cell numbers in my caller ID) breaks NY law 7 ways from Sunday.

NY harassment law.

§ 240.30 Aggravated harassment in the second degree.
A person is guilty of aggravated harassment in the second degree when,
with intent to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, he or
she:
1. Either (a) communicates with a person, anonymously or otherwise, by
telephone, by telegraph, or by mail, or by transmitting or delivering
any other form of written communication, in a manner likely to cause
annoyance or alarm; or
(b) causes a communication to be initiated by mechanical or electronic
means or otherwise with a person, anonymously or otherwise, by
annoyance or alarm; or
2. Makes a telephone call, whether or not a conversation ensues, with
no purpose of legitimate communication; or
3. Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise subjects another person to
physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same because of a
belief or perception regarding such person's race, color, national
origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability
or sexual orientation, regardless of whether the belief or perception is
correct; or
4. Commits the crime of harassment in the first degree and has
previously been convicted of the crime of harassment in the first degree
as defined by section 240.25 of this article within the preceding ten
years.
5. For the purposes of subdivision one of this section, "form of
written communication" shall include, but not be limited to, a recording
as defined in subdivision six of section 275.00 of this part.
Aggravated harassment in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.

Link

Overview

Many states have enacted "cyberstalking" or "cyberharassment" laws or have laws that explicitly include electronic forms of communication within more traditional stalking or harassment laws. In addition, recent concerns about protecting minors from online bullying or harassment have led states to enact "cyberbullying" laws. This chart identifies only state laws that include specific references to electronic communication. However, other state laws may still apply to those who harass, threaten or bully others online, although specific language may make the laws easier to enforce. This chart classifies the various state laws addressing these three different types of online behaviors, as described below.

Cyberstalking. Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of Internet harassment, based on a posing credible threat of harm. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies.

Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it is generally defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Some states approach cyberharrassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment statutes, while others have created stand-alone cyberharassment statutes.

Cyberbullying. Cyberbullying and cyberharassment are sometimes used interchangeably, but for the purposes of this chart, cyberbullying is used for electronic harassment or bullying among minors within a school context. Recent cyberbullying legislation reflects a trend of makaing school districts the policy enforcers of such misconduct. As a result, statutes establish the infrastructure for schools to handle this issue by amending existing school anti-bullying policies to include cyberbullying or electronic harassment among school age children. The majority of these state laws establish sanctions for all forms of cyberbullying on school property, school busses and official school functions. However, some have also extended sanctions to include cyberbullying activities that originate off-campus, believing that activities off-campus can have a chilling and disruptive effect on children's learning environment. The sanctions for cyberbullying range from school/parent interventions to misdemeanors and felonies with detention, suspension, and expulsion in between. Some of these laws promote Internet safety education or curricula that covers cyberbullying.

See also: Additional NCSL cyberbullying resources, state laws related to electronic solicitation or luring of children, Internet filtering laws--schools and libraries, and NCSL LegisBrief: Protecting Children Online.

Hahahahaha...no, when her buddies did it it was funny. And "if you didn't like it you could leave"...budnfrog's favorite dismissal line. Interestingly enough while investigating laws being broken, I found that when darla called my home 3 different times asking for my then minor daughter and twice asking for my husband...(she even left 3 messages on my answering machine as well as her moms and her cell numbers in my caller ID) breaks NY law 7 ways from Sunday.

NY harassment law.

she:
annoyance or alarm; or
annoyance or alarm; or
correct; or
years.

I would suggest you report it, but there is very likely a statute of limitations.

Damo, and Grind, he is now altering my post and I want it stopped, this is harassment. This is illegal. I am making copies of all his alterations. I should be able to come to this forum and not be subjected to this, I put him on ignore, but now this is getting out of hand, his one comment about my playground being big enough was disgusting. I should not have to put up with this. Ignoring it does not work.

Blow your hypocricy out your fat ass, bitch.
You never said a word when it was IceDancer or Loyal being harrassed.
Stupid fucking broad.

09-09-2011 06:41 PM
Alias
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • blog.png
    View Blog Entries
user-online.png
Banned

Join DateJul 2011Posts1,404Thanks26Thanked 321 Times in 276 PostsGroans0Groaned 90 Times in 84 Posts

icon1.png
Re: Hey, punk

You're done here. You just don't know it yet.​

Hey Damo:
Isn't the posting of PM's against the rules?
Dune should be banned for doing this not only once; but at least twice. :)

NY harassment law.

she:
annoyance or alarm; or
annoyance or alarm; or
correct; or
years.

Report her fucking ass and let the actions speak for themself.

Back