I hate this place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see... so hired.com hooks you up with recruiters? I've never seen a site like this. I would be suspicious as hell if I just came upon it, but since you recommend it and say it actually worked...

I see... so hired.com hooks you up with recruiters? I've never seen a site like this. I would be suspicious as hell if I just came upon it, but since you recommend it and say it actually worked...
I can only go by the experience of my son, he got a really good job through them.

Just some things about them initially struck me as weird. Let's say, I've been hit up by shady employment agencies that don't actually offer a job, even by what turned out to be multi-level marketing scams, and such. Turns out this company is just really, really small though. If they give me some experience to slap on my resume, and an actual job, that's all I care about.
That's how I started out dude and look how I turned out. :)

Recruiters are great as long as they are paying for it. Here's the deal with recruiters. Head hunters at corporation pays them to find talent for open positions. If they charge you anything it's probably not a legit recruiter. They might want you to jump through some hoops for them but won't charge you anything. If they charge you anything it's a scam of some sort.

Well, I've gotta make at least $12-$15 an hour to live on my own in a low cost city. I don't want to be stuck in manual labor, and that pretty much leaves exploiting the skills I got in college. Plus, employers start looking at your resume funny if you haven't had any experience in the area you're applying for in a few years, if I want to be a programmer I've got to go out and get a job immediately. Otherwise I may as well just start working at the plywood mill until I die like my father.
If you stay there you probably will.

Why did I just binge four episodes of KimiNozo instead of brushing up? Oh well. If I fail this interview, as I am wont to do, I'm probably going to kill myself. I don't want to do this again. I will never work at the plywood mill.

Why did I just binge four episodes of KimiNozo instead of brushing up? Oh well. If I fail this interview, as I am wont to do, I'm probably going to kill myself. I don't want to do this again. I will never work at the plywood mill.

Don't do that. If you do, the traitor IHA wins.

As a consequence of being a little sleep deprived, though, I feel a lot more relaxed than I normally do before an interview. Guess I have nothing to do now but research the company until they call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back