Is a Public Philosophy Still Possible?

The spatial relationship is objectively true. We are never going to know the exact value of pi because it is an irrational number. Or maybe if you get deep enough into Pi it stops being irrational.
There is no difference between "true" and "objectively true." If there is, please explain.

Why won't you answer the question? I'm genuinely serious. It does relate to morality so it's a legit question. I'll restate it for you:

Do you believe that an intelligence beyond space and time was required to define 1+1=2?

How does this relate to morality? Do you believe that murder is ONLY wrong because it was defined as wrong by an intelligence beyond space and time but otherwise there is no real known reason for why it is wrong?

Really simple questions. I'm not surprised that you are dodging them like the plague because they really must be uncomfortable for you.
This dodge is obviously intended to avoid conceding that things can be objectively true without existing physically.

It proves Perry PhD

Cypress, you really need to get rid of this chip on your shoulder about your lack of educational achievement. You seem positively obsessed with my PhD. I only mentioned it in passing once maybe twice. You, on the other hand, have mentioned it derisively probably hundreds of times now. It really is a problem for you.

This dodge is obviously intended to avoid conceding that things can be objectively true without existing physically.

Hey, if you don't understand your own point I can't help you.

Can you really NOT see a reason why murder would be wrong except that some intelligence beyond space and time decreed it to be wrong?

That's a pretty messed up morality but you are not alone. Many religious people think along similar lines.

To contrast it with Perry PhD's affinity for subjective morality.
You refer to subjective morality as mere personal opinion. I have no idea that that person believes.
But it is very easy to see morality as conventions of a society--nothing to do with individual opinion.

You refer to subjective morality as mere personal opinion. I have no idea that that person believes.
But it is very easy to see morality as conventions of a society--nothing to do with individual opinion.
I wrote that a subjective standards is based on opinion or popular consensus.

Germany as a society believed liquidation of disabled people benefited the nation.
The USA did not believe in liquidating disabled people. FDR himself was disabled.

Those are subjective opinions.

Germany as a society believed liquidation of disabled people benefited the nation.
The USA did not believe in liquidating disabled people. FDR himself was disabled.

No, they are consensus.

The Supreme Court is based on "subjective opinion" and consensus Pretty powerful influence.

nazis believed it.

they were a totalitarian movement.

not all germans believed their bullshit.

yes perhaps they should have resisted more, but...... hitler was a plant of swiss bankers.

Liberal-egalitarians will find an ally in Socrates. For one thing, he is inclusive: the gadfly piques everyone. Sure, Socrates is in your face. But he doesn’t force you to change. Nor does he pour wisdom into your head. As an intellectual “midwife” he wants to help you give birth to your own ideas, making sure that they are founded in reason. This might still be too much for the complacent or the self-righteous. But it certainly fits nicely with John Stuart Mill’s brand of liberalism, for example, that champions critical thinking and vigorous debate.

Who would not rally behind public philosophy if it could steer us to an examined life steeped in virtue and wisdom?

Philosophy doesn't "pour wisdom into your head". Your "liberty" is based on violence, not reasoning.

You are a fucking idiot.
This is not an example of philosophy. This is a logical fallacy known as an insult fallacy. I don't think you even know what philosophy IS.

It is not Socrates. It is not Plato. It is not any other Greek name you can think of. It is not something you can "pour" anywhere. Philosophy is not name dropping. It is not the "sound of one hand clapping" or any other of that kind of bullshit taught in schools as "philosophy".

Philosophy is a reasoned argument. You must provide your own reasoning. You cannot cut and paste or use the reasoning or arguments of another (which is just plagiarism). That's it. That's all.

You do not reason. You only propose violence and hatred as a "solution". You just cut and paste like any other Democrat.

The Supreme Court is based on "subjective opinion" and consensus Pretty powerful influence.
Ah...there's that "Supreme Court is God" again.

The Supreme Court only exists because of the Constitution of the United States. They MUST conform to the Constitution of the United States, as specified in Article III of that document. They have NO authority over any constitution.

This is not an example of philosophy. This is a logical fallacy known as an insult fallacy. I don't think you even know what philosophy IS.

It is not Socrates. It is not Plato. It is not any other Greek name you can think of. It is not something you can "pour" anywhere. Philosophy is not name dropping. It is not the "sound of one hand clapping" or any other of that kind of bullshit taught in schools as "philosophy".

Philosophy is a reasoned argument. You must provide your own reasoning. You cannot cut and paste or use the reasoning or arguments of another (which is just plagiarism). That's it. That's all.

You do not reason. You only propose violence and hatred as a "solution". You just cut and paste like any other Democrat.
you are a brain dead moron

nazis believed it.

they were a totalitarian movement.

not all germans believed their bullshit.

yes perhaps they should have resisted more, but...... hitler was a plant of swiss bankers.
Hitler was not a plant of Swiss anything.
Indeed, at first, Hitler wanted to attack and conquer Switzerland (operation Tannenbaum). It was never carried out for several reasons:

The Alps were simply to difficult to conquer, especially with mechanized infantry (tanks).

The Swiss could've resisted while defending their homeland for years, having conscripted every able bodied man less than 60 years of age, and having the Alps to fight from.

Swiss defenses were very effective at shooting down aircraft crossing their borders.

Hitler eventually realized that Switzerland was more useful as an independent nation, since the Mark was effectively useless and the Germans could trade gold for Swiss francs.

Hitler had other nations to conquer, and good reason to do so, since Germany was most interested in gaining access to good ports for their navy and merchant marine.

The gold that Germany stole by conquering nations went right to Switzerland to get more Swiss Francs, which were used to prop up the war.

You don't attack your own banker.

Eventually, of course, Germany ran out of places to steal gold from, and thus began the road to their own defeat (again). A defeat more soundly prosecuted by the Allies, formed from nations that Germany had attacked or was planning to attack...yes...even the United States.

Hitler rose to power due to the disaster of the Treaty of Versailles.

Back